Sign in to follow this  
Eevo

Legal Stuff, Regency, Modification, Defects Q's and FAQ

So.. Manual boost t's under the bonnet are legal?

All forms of boost control (whether it be manual or electronic) is illegal.

Just wonderin if anyone can help me out here, what are the legalities behind havin a s15 front on a s14??

Just wonderin if anyone can help me out here, what are the legalities behind havin a s15 front on a s14??

as long as it is secure, and wont come off, theyere should be a problem

i would imagine so long as guards aren't fiberglass either

Anybody know if regency will have issues with a varex muffler installed?

Yes, as far as I know..

Whats the go with striped interiors? Ive heard about interior things that lead to defects. So my plan would be to register the car as a 2 seater, remove the rear seat belts and anchors, have some sort of carpet in the front so that the metal floor wont be slippery. Whats Anything else i would need to leave in the car?

:shades:

Whats the go with striped interiors? Ive heard about interior things that lead to defects. So my plan would be to register the car as a 2 seater, remove the rear seat belts and anchors, have some sort of carpet in the front so that the metal floor wont be slippery. Whats Anything else i would need to leave in the car?

:shades:

You'll need to go through regency. Obviously need to remove the back seat and all it's anchor points I.e where the bolts are removed. I just filled it with silicone glue and it worked. They will then issue you a sticker that goes kn your door jam to says it's a two seated.

I have a question for you guys! I gotta go through regency and was wondering, silicone hosing and braided lines... Legal? Whatabout aluminium rad and billet pulleys?? Also engine js forged.. Im replacing the head with my spare stock one, will the pistons and rods etc be noticed?! Cheers!

friggen hell,

cops just defected me for a plumb back bov.. should i take it to regency with it still on or remove it, its passed twice before with the old owner

also got done for ebc which ill remove

I have a question for you guys! I gotta go through regency and was wondering, silicone hosing and braided lines... Legal? Whatabout aluminium rad and billet pulleys?? Also engine js forged.. Im replacing the head with my spare stock one, will the pistons and rods etc be noticed?! Cheers!

Silicone hose fine

Aluminum rad fine

Braided line, I'm assuming turbo ones, fine

Pulley, not sure but I reckon that's fine.

Engine, your screwed. they will take the car through the x ray scanner and look inside your engine to see if it's got forgies and stuff .

Engine, your screwed. they will take the car through the x ray scanner and look inside your engine to see if it's got forgies and stuff .

nice bluff, you would of had me if i hadnt been thought regency myself

Voice recording an officer without him knowing: Legal or not?

Preferably an answer from someone that actually knows the rules not just "I think it should be ok" or what someone else has told you.

i know you cant record a person without there permission, but i don't know if they fall under the same rules as there behavior should be above reproach, so you may get away with recording them as they are public servants

You can record the actions of anyone, if you alert them to the fact. The law is all over the place in regards to these issues, and is very confusing. If you want to record something you can, but then it will most likely not be allowed as evidence in court. If a police officer asks you to stop recording ask them politely what law they are using to make such a requset if they cannot answer, they probably have no idea they just don't want to be recorded!

Source

and right down the bottom is a quote of SA law

How in gods name would they use an xray scanner... lol.. u really think they are going to be able to get through the iron block to see some aluminium rods/pistons? Iron is harder to penetrate then AL and therefore needs "harder" xrays... meaning it would go straight through the pistons and you wouldnt see them... I would know, I study physics at Uni lol!

7—Lawful use of listening device by party to private conversation

(1) Section 4 does not apply to or in relation to the use of a listening device by a person (including a person to whom a warrant is issued under this Act) where that listening device is used—

(a) to overhear, record, monitor or listen to any private conversation to which that person is a party; and

(b ) in the course of duty of that person, in the public interest or for the protection of the lawful interests of that person

[/Quote]

For anyone else wanting the answer.

Thanks Madaz_Rx8

NPZ :D

yeah that's why i added the source

im building a show/street car with the intentions of legalising all of it.

Cars is a 89 R31 4dr Oz Delivered.

i will have a replaced engine... same capacity, same # of Cyl but its a nissan v6 (vq30det) instead of a nissan straight 6 (rb30e)

this will have a z32 300zx 5speed attached, and R31 engine xmember and R31 Pintara Gearbox xmember.

Front suspension is s13 coilovers adjustable heaight and camber with s13 LCAs, with s14 5stud knuckles and r33 4pots.

Rear suspension is s13 height adj. coilovers and vt commie brakes and calippers allowing for a hydro handie

Will also have larger wheels than placard allowed and a bodykit

has anyone engineered a car that has gone thro a similar transformation? how much did it cost and who did u use?

on a side note i am planning on moving to Victoria in the next 12 months, but will be vsiting SA a fair bit as i have family etc here.

Car is rust free and very straight! with fresh paint

Has anyone been defected by Regency for dents in the chassis rails? I have heard they do and wonder how bad it has to be.

whats the go with the new laws about high powerd cars such as v8s and people under 25 and people on there p plates still.. does that affect me iam 22 with full licence and my misses is 20 she has her full licence.. jst asking cos iam selling my 180 and now buying a family car due to my new member thinkng of a ba xr8 would i have any legal probs with this??

whats the go with the new laws about high powerd cars such as v8s and people under 25 and people on there p plates still.. does that affect me iam 22 with full licence and my misses is 20 she has her full licence.. jst asking cos iam selling my 180 and now buying a family car due to my new member thinkng of a ba xr8 would i have any legal probs with this??

you answered your own q. full licence no problems. only p platers cop it

you answered your own q. full licence no problems. only p platers cop it

actually its only comes into effect if you get your

p's after the 14 of september

if you get them before you are not effected by the change

hay has anyone bought a car interstate l8ly and took it to get checked through regency??

how much does it cost?

what do they check over the car?

im planing to buy a can from melbourne pretty much stock has got rwc etc.

hay has anyone bought a car interstate l8ly and took it to get checked through regency??

how much does it cost?

what do they check over the car?

im planing to buy a can from melbourne pretty much stock has got rwc etc.

bought a car from nsw tuesday, drove it back same day, got it through ID check friday. Its $54, they check your engine number, vin number, compliance plates etc. and a really quick look over for obvious defects.

and the $54 isn't payable until you go and put registration on it

VIS isn't done @ regency its done around the corner in a little shed, they are more relaxed I'm guessing