Sign in to follow this  
purplesil80

WHATS NEW WITH YOUR CAR ? ? #2

Wish I knew. Going to have break for a while. I don't really have much time to enjoy let alone modify a car atm

y arent you on sd any more ghosty ?

y arent you on sd any more ghosty ?

morgish chucked a sook over a joke I made about his dog (which i didn't know was dead).

Bahahaha...... That's funny.... Sorta. Surely he could just understand you didn't mean anything by it. Ps. Best place for turbo/manifold/ dump gaskets? I'm gonna get a gen nissan multi s/s from the head.

Hit up Taark for genuine Nissan stuff his prices are really good and he's local :thumbsup:

Recently I purchased injector rings, turbo tabs, turbo to manifold gasket, gearbox rubber boot (top of g'box), bonnet rubbers and all items were cheaper through Nissan. I'd try both options and go with the cheaper item personally.

Ghosty you're just a ban whore.

I have two tilton master cylinders on order from the states for my car so hopefully I can finalise the brakes.

til_75_mstrcylnd.jpg

hmmm ok. ill give nissan i call tomorrow then.... thanks jays.

Ordered my braided lines to suite high mount today! ;-) Thinking of going a full silicon heater hose replacement setup whilst going....

checking over parts that i need.... thought.... for no particular reason.... that i would check my turbo specs on the garrett site.... soooo my 3071r..... is actually a gt2876r.

How very unimpressed i am right now.

checking over parts that i need.... thought.... for no particular reason.... that i would check my turbo specs on the garrett site.... soooo my 3071r..... is actually a gt2876r.

f**k that's lame <_>

Yeh I recon..... Same hp rated tho 280-480hp. But obviously advantages etc....

just got these

2L Surge tank + 957 Bosch pump + Bosch 044 pump

02052011122.jpg

hmmm ok. ill give nissan i call tomorrow then.... thanks jays.

Ordered my braided lines to suite high mount today! ;-) Thinking of going a full silicon heater hose replacement setup whilst going....

Think it might be the same turbo. The name plate on my 3071 is 2835. I'm running a smaller housing though.

I just bought one of these - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370488334008 - for AU$39.99 with free delivery.

Watch these 2 reviews they sum up what you are actually getting (not what the product description says):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwBmNk-mHU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBdD1yYx6os

With that in mind it was pretty safe to assume that the more expensive versions (i.e. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Vehicle-DVR-Camera-720P-2-5-TFT-LCD-w-Night-vision-/370503603770?pt=AU_Security_Equipment&hash=item5643bc563a) probably aren't any better at "HD" recording (lol), and I figure I'm not going to bother with night recording (because it will be shit either way) so just got the cheapest one I could find.

I spent a few hours going over a lot of the different cheap china ebay car dvr cams and watching youtube reviews on them etc, so we'll see how this one goes :)

hey ghosty, you had a go with your dvr camera? mine arrived last week and going to have a play with it tomorrow and was wondering if you had any advice on it.

Yeah I got mine last week only just had a play with it tonight actually.

The view angle looks pretty good, quality is not that great, very crap compared to HD etc, though I've only tested it driving around my underground carpark so maybe it's better in full daylight. Audio recording is pretty meh but that's not overly important.

I don't like how it how it does the whole file truncating thing and during the truncate and creation of the next file it misses 3 seconds so if something good happens during that window you lose it.

It saves in avi not very compressed at all. To give you an idea the vid below was outputted at 109mb avi, I then used AVS Video Converter 6 (dl off the net) to rotate the vid 180 degress cos I had the camera upside down and convert it to mp4 format, which outputted it at only 19mb which is much better.

The suction cup mount that comes with it seems to work pretty well.

I'll probably end up getting a proper HD camera for recording my track stuff but I'll leave this in the top middle of my windscreen and hardwire the power cord in with a dash switch to turn it on/off and leave it on the auto-on record mode with 5min trunc intervals so everytime I drive my car I have a constant recording in case of any shit kents driving into me and I have to sue to get money out of them etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Hu5KnSYdY

*snip*

Not too bad for what you paid. Definately get yourself a HD cam though. I highly recommend a Drift HD170 although as with all cameras don't work that great in low light. Hopefully will try it at QR this friday night.

And dude TIGHTEN YOUR BELTS lol.

Mad Mick!! Bit of trouble finding reverse there?? Lol

OT. Just ordered my silicon rad hoses and radiator cooling panel! ;-)

Yeah I got mine last week only just had a play with it tonight actually.

The view angle looks pretty good, quality is not that great, very crap compared to HD etc, though I've only tested it driving around my underground carpark so maybe it's better in full daylight. Audio recording is pretty meh but that's not overly important.

I don't like how it how it does the whole file truncating thing and during the truncate and creation of the next file it misses 3 seconds so if something good happens during that window you lose it.

It saves in avi not very compressed at all. To give you an idea the vid below was outputted at 109mb avi, I then used AVS Video Converter 6 (dl off the net) to rotate the vid 180 degress cos I had the camera upside down and convert it to mp4 format, which outputted it at only 19mb which is much better.

The suction cup mount that comes with it seems to work pretty well.

I'll probably end up getting a proper HD camera for recording my track stuff but I'll leave this in the top middle of my windscreen and hardwire the power cord in with a dash switch to turn it on/off and leave it on the auto-on record mode with 5min trunc intervals so everytime I drive my car I have a constant recording in case of any shit kents driving into me and I have to sue to get money out of them etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Hu5KnSYdY

ill have a crack at it this arvo with an overcast sky. bought it for general driving and carparks. ill upload how it goes from on the windscreen in the usual gps postition.

oh and what class SD card did you use? think i have a class 2 8GB one and see how the recording is.

Must ppl really quote a whole video image etc and take up half a page?

What's wrong with writing:

Ghosty: bla bla bla......??

Just saying.....

I am using a 32GB SDHC class 6 card

Must ppl really quote a whole video image etc and take up half a page?

What's wrong with writing:

Ghosty: bla bla bla......??

Just saying.....

half the page?

my road test of the camera in overcast/ raining skys. i was using a 8GB class 2 sd card. a little jumpy on play back. i reckon a class 4 would be ok. not much iris correction (where the light changes) in this sort of light. ill have a go with it tomorrow with bright sunlight.

not bad for $39 delivered in brown paper from hongkong

Yeah, hand-wrapped too with butchers string

shit, be thankful you got the high quality packaging! :P

[quote name=DNTBNVS15' date='05 May 2011 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1304519208'

post='6206713]

The newest parts on my S15 are Tomei M7960, Tomei Poncams, Tomei ras, nismo 740 injectors, Bosch 040, nistune coming soon. Cash flow issues Lolz 

nice man! heaps interested in the results, thinking the excat same setup

Dude I'm so keen to get this thing dyno'd. So I can fry my 225/55R16 lol  I'll post again when finished!!

Ok now my car has being dynoed but have a problem. Made 245rwkw @ 20 psi and slight detonation at high rpm. My tuner said he can't lower the boost for some reason. I'm think Coz the wastegate isnt opening far enough. But anyway. Problem should get fixed soon! Very happy with the result!

new wheels on car..

DSCF0177.jpg

also moar low at the back, need to do the fronts in the next couple of days..

DSCF0235.jpg

wheel specs are

17x9 +12 rears 225/45/17

17x8 +17 fronts 215/45/17

volk cv pro's.. i love old school jap wheels.. :)i reckon they give cars a mid 90's feel..

Just had my Powertune high mount steam pipe hpc coated manifold with ex gate mount, tial 44mm ex gate, and dump pipe rock up. Just playin around with it now.... Will put some pics up soon

S13:

Ok so I herd from AAMI over the weekend. The S13 is a repairable write-off as it apparently will cost $7500 to repair (bahaah I could fix it for half that)and they only valued it at $5500, I opted to keep the car so they said they will minus the auction value off my payout. They are going to give me $4000 + my car back. I will then go down the painfull process of stipping EVERYTHING off her and selling it all off :( I guess financually I actually will work out better this way.. I was going to sell the car for about $10000, now including the payout and stripping the parts. I will may WAY more then 10k.

The car was supposed to be deliverd today.. got home and it still wasnt here. Slack kents lol.

S15:

The S15 has cleard quaranteene and customs and is now just waiting to be sent to the compliance shop. Should get there mid this week if I'm lucky. Then another 2 weeks or so and I will be driving a Silvia again :)