Sign in to follow this  
1 silvia please!

my first accident!

Hey all,

Thought id make my first thread in the bike section. Been riding for a while now but friday night while on my zx-6r i had my first accident. wasnt much of a story, pretty much when turning right out of a driveway the front wheel slipped out n as it did so n i feel to my left, my right hand opened throttle. felt kinda stupid when it happened n spent 4 hours thinking about it in hospital.

so now i got a broken collar bone and weeks off work, so im guessing im ganna be on the forums a lot more.

pics up soon.

-karl

Oh no, unlucky mate.

It could have been alot worse for a first crash, so at least thats something positive to take out of it.

Pics too :)

wow that sucks :(

was the road cold and slippery, ive been cought out a few times when the tyre and road are both cold and hard, which oftern ends in the rear sliding

good luck with your recovery

It probably won't be your last crash, unfortunately. And it could have been alot worse. I've had some real bad ones, and some silly moments too (gravel car parks suck).

I've crashed out at Mallala @ 160kph and walked away without a scratch.

I've crashed at 50kph on the street and shattered my shoulder (multiple breaks to shoulder blade and collarbone) and spent months in a brace and on some heavy meds.

But I keep riding because I love it. 2 major accidents in 20 years of riding ... sounds like a fair deal to me. I've got mates who have broken bones messing around on a skate board.

;)

well about a month later,

After much time off i worked out it was the road and my helmet that sandwiched my collar bone which gave the large snap.

Ended up having an operation n got a plate put into my shoulder. Got atleast another month off work, but gotta love TAC for paying all medical bills plus my wage!

Tried to take photos of the bike but they never come out clear (good old iphone camera). Looks to be only a stator cover replacment plus refill oil. (needed a oil change anyway) then just the cosmetics... anyone got those tiny little peg things on their bike? the ones that stop the bike from sliding on the fairings when it goes down instead just grinding down these pegs. look like a good idea and might get some.

oggy knobs...yer i had them on my old bike mate..they saved the fairings plenty of times lol

cant really remember mate i bought my rs250 with them already on...been a while since i sold it.

probs a good thing i couldnt trust myself on a bike

they gotta be attatched hard to the frame mate if there just screwed to the fairing they'll smash, sucks to hear bout the crash

I read the title and shat myself. Even though i love riding bikes, i always worry about myself and friends having an accident.

Sorry to hear about your crash dude. As they say, "What doesn't kill you can only make you stonger". Everyone that has ever ridden a motorcycle has been in at least one accident.

I was once trying to do a "U" turn with my zx6r and I rode on the kerb of the road at the apex of the turn and the tyres slipped and found myself trying to keep my bike off the ground. I managed to slowly put the bike down but slipped, accidentally opened the throttle and letting the front brakes go while forgetting the bike is on 1st gear. The bike ended up going in circles on its side. Fairing and mid pipe were scratched slightly thanks to the Oggy Knobs. I felt so stupid after that accident but realised that I should be thankful that I didnt injure myself.

Oggy Knobs definitely will save your fairings and other bits and pieces. Worth investing in one of those.

sorry to hear. hopefully its a speedy recovery, u'l be back riding in no time.

tc