Sign in to follow this  
MR 1JZ

4x4 topic/crew pt II

What can go wrong.....

*looks at his car* :lol:

you've probably banana'd the diff, hitting whoops at speed isn't a good idea.

Yeah thats what a few people have told me... wasn't really going that fast, was in 2nd at half throttle... Was very surprised how easy it flew, just wish i had my gropro the look on our faces were priceless :lol:

if it was only slow speed you should be right, you really need to be carrying some speed to get proper air.

the original battle truck!!!!

Had 12psi in them but just lack of power and it not liking to change down gears made it hard to get places hahaha

I can really tell the difference between this and the hilux. the Hilux was light as f**k, had power when ever i need and revved hard... this is heavy and had no power (the torque was amazing tho!)

Was more myself as the driver i think but still was a tad disappointing

you in low range?

the original battle truck!!!!

Had 12psi in them but just lack of power and it not liking to change down gears made it hard to get places hahaha

I can really tell the difference between this and the hilux. the Hilux was light as f**k, had power when ever i need and revved hard... this is heavy and had no power (the torque was amazing tho!)

Was more myself as the driver i think but still was a tad disappointing

you in low range?

Was for a liitle bit but HR was better as it doesnt like changing down gears ( even without granny shifting) so couldnt get enough speed.

Thinking the fluid may need a change as it does it in city driving underload so when the fluids warm.

Was probs just me considering that was the 2nd time i had ever been offroad :lol:

Edited by SpotMan

low range is the only way to go in the dunes down there, on the flats high range would be fine.

low range is the only way to go in the dunes down there, on the flats high range would be fine.

Ahhh.. yeah we tried low range in 3rd as 2nd i couldnt get enough speed. but when it went to bog down i couldnt slip it into 2nd without getting locked out..

So thats when we tried 2nd and got airborn, then moved only to eaiser track :lol:

Couldn't get from 3rd to 2nd?

Bro. Do you even shift ? :lol:

Mate tried aswell and it grinds or locks ya out, Double clutching and all. yet when its cold it shifts fine?

Does it to me towing sometimes trying to down shift aswell :(

Thinking a fluid change is in order :lol:

from what i remember 285/75 is equivalent to 33x10.5, the 305/75 is a 33x12.5

then you jump to 35s with 315/75s haha

I need to get out soon and try the Ranga out, im riding stockies and Toyo A/Ts permanently. Ive noticed 110% driveability on bitumen in wet over the Bridgestone H/Ts hahahaha

Probably best you stay away from thompson beach haha

oh shit yeah, i laugh when i hear about that one. Then again, do i need to bring up Clay Hill and your choice of parking :P hahahah

here is a good track for you matty https://maps.google....marion&t=h&z=16

thats a day trip these days Gus, but i cant get into half the areas :(

just got a new hilux, still stock at the moment, anyone know any decent places around adelaide i can take it? haven't done much off roading so just beginner to intermediate tracks would be sick. thanks