Sign in to follow this  
s13drifter

what are the easiest bolt on mods in within 1000k for sr20de would be?

Am i right saying that if you machine your flywheel it would be quite ruff compared to before? Hard to explain what im thinking lol

And what yo mang and other have been saying are very true

either mod it how they have been saying or save up and buy something when your off your p's quite simple

spend money on your manual conversion and stop buying gay arse steering wheels and interior lighting

BUY COILOVERS AND SOME DECENT WHEELS TO FILL YOUR GUARDS

lol truu hahaha, would i need to chenge the studs if i want the wheels to stick out more?

LOL :doh:

do you not know what offset is? :Drugs: all these questions man.. google before anything, do some research, then if you're still really stumped start up a thread, but most of the questions you have asked could be answered by simply doing some research yourself

spend money on your manual conversion and stop buying gay arse steering wheels and interior lighting

BUY COILOVERS AND SOME DECENT WHEELS TO FILL YOUR GUARDS

lol truu hahaha, would i need to chenge the studs if i want the wheels to stick out more?

LOL doh.gif

do you not know what offset is? Drugs_0541.gif all these questions man.. google before anything, do some research, then if you're still really stumped start up a thread, but most of the questions you have asked could be answered by simply doing some research yourself

lol google take to long to fine exactly i found answers on this i have never been able to find:P

Australia's p plates rules suck NZ ftw, we can own and drive any car we want even on our learners!cool.gifcool.gif

Australia's p plates rules suck NZ ftw, we can own and drive any car we want even on our learners!cool.gifcool.gif

yer truu we can drive turbos on our learners even v8's but not on p's fkn shit

4 years ? na man only 1 year and a year on leraners

ahaha! in nsw 1 yr on reds and 2 on greens :whistle:

u guys need to go to the shops more. only a decent exhaust with extractors (engine back full system including high performance cat) and and a pod for that price.

why bother on a full exhaust system on a n/a. if your gna go exhaust i think extractors is far enuff.

why bother on a full exhaust system on a n/a. if your gna go exhaust i think extractors is far enuff.

whats the point of opening her up near the engine if you pinch the arse end shut? noobs - bet you havent had a car for long or done any mods

whats the point of opening her up near the engine if you pinch the arse end shut? noobs - bet you havent had a car for long or done any mods

stfu, its a fkn n/a, you want that shyt to lag like f**k. fkn test drive one u faggot. dnt have to be a dick abt it. its ur opinion.

stfu, its a fkn n/a, you want that shyt to lag like f**k. fkn test drive one u faggot. dnt have to be a dick abt it. its ur opinion.

lol - yeah sure. been there done that mate, if you get a proper system built for the car thats isnt a loud big buzz box ricer exhaust you dont loose the back pressure.

yeh, but why spend all the money if your gna turbo it down the track. but in all seriousness. its like a little turbo charade with a baby turbo with a massive front mount and 3inch intercooler pipping. its jst gna lag.

lol - yeah sure. been there done that mate, if you get a proper system built for the car thats isnt a loud big buzz box ricer exhaust you dont loose the back pressure.

It's always puzzled me that people keep referring to back-pressure like it's something that you want. Back pressure is force opposite to the flow of the gas.

The point of the pipe sizes is to achieve optimal exhaust velocity; back-pressure is an unfortunate by-product of this.

Think about it - to increase the velocity of the gas, you shrink the pipe's diameter.

Too small raises back-pressure and performance dies (e.g. crushed exhaust pipe).

Too big and the exhaust moves slowly, failing to scavange the exhaust gasses and evacuate them effectively (e.g. 3" pipe on a 2L NA engine).

There's a happy medium that's dependant on the engine's displacement, but the ideal situation would be to have zero back-pressure and maximum velocity.

In the case of a turbo you want ZERO backpressure after the turbo. Zero!

The power target will determine what you need, so essentially the engine displacement and turbo hold the key to your choice, given maintaining exhaust velocity is still desirable.

It's always puzzled me that people keep referring to back-pressure like it's something that you want. Back pressure is force opposite to the flow of the gas.

The point of the pipe sizes is to achieve optimal exhaust velocity; back-pressure is an unfortunate by-product of this.

Think about it - to increase the velocity of the gas, you shrink the pipe's diameter.

Too small raises back-pressure and performance dies (e.g. crushed exhaust pipe).

Too big and the exhaust moves slowly, failing to scavange the exhaust gasses and evacuate them effectively (e.g. 3" pipe on a 2L NA engine).

There's a happy medium that's dependant on the engine's displacement, but the ideal situation would be to have zero back-pressure and maximum velocity.

The power target will determine what you need, so essentially the engine displacement and turbo hold the key to your choice, given maintaining exhaust velocity is still desirable.

well put

well put

agreed,

there isnt much point doing engine mods to your n/a car when i had my s13 (y0_mang's) i just made it nice and dialed in the suspension, the car was quick enough for what i used it for could still slide it all u had to do is go faster and kick the clutch abit more lol

edit: sorry for digging up an old thread...

Again sorry for digging up an old thread but no point starting a new one.

Ok well on the topic of N/A Mods what would be the best upgrade of injectors.

And would a duel core rad help with gaining a little bit more power.

Just trying to squeeze and find out some more power.

Yes i no its a n/a and im not going to get much and people will say not worth it but im asking so if you have a answer it would be great.

Yes i no its a n/a and im not going to get much and people will say not worth it but im asking so if you have a answer it would be great.

You aren't increasing the air volume or density enough to need bigger injectors.

Getting the injectors professionally cleaned might net a small result, but if it runs smoothly atm, it won't be much.

A radiator will not provide you with any power increase.

To make the most of what you have:

1. Bolt on a pair of cheap thermo fans (Camry or EL/AU Falcon), wire them to a 70 degree temperature sender, then remove the viscous-coupling fan. This will remove some parasidic drag, and will help with response.

2. Make a subtle cold-air intake

3. Smooth the intake tract by removing intake resistance. Be careful if changing the length of the intake, as this will alter the intake tuning. Opening up the stock airbox is a better choice than a pod.

4. Buy a set of lighweight pulleys if you really feel the need to spend $120. This will remove some parasidic drag, and will help with response. Do not bother with a light crank pulley.

5. Remove any heavy, unwanted items in the car (e.g. hectic 15" subs in a box with way too little volume) and replace them with lighter items (e.g. 35L custom box with a quality 8" Danish cone - more bass, less weight)

6. Sort out your suspension, get sticky tyres and an alignment

7. Cut down your shifter to improve shift speed, or buy a short shifter kit

Below are some articles to help with Steps 2 and 3.

Removing pressure drop in the intake:

http://203.57.155.8/...le.html?&A=0629

http://203.57.155.8/...le.html?&A=0637

http://203.57.155.8/...le.html?&A=0646

http://203.57.155.8/...le.html?&A=0652

http://203.57.155.8/...le.html?&A=0646

Ram air intakes:

http://autospeed.com...60/article.html

http://autospeed.com...24/article.html

you also have to remember that if you choos to replace your stock radiator with a dual/triple core/whatever that the new radiator may have a larger capacity, thus holding more coolant.

and with 1L = 1kg you could add some extra weight, not that it would be heaps though.

it most likely won't amount to gaining power, however it should assist in improving the cooling properties of the car, as your 20year old stocky is most likely not as effective as it once was.

just get the injectors cleaned. Pmod knows his shit.

Yea he does, lots of info their great help cheers.

Yea i was looking at your rad rone when thinking of this haha

Cheers for the help

Matt

another cheap thing to do is remove the air con if you dont 'need' it. the drag it put the on the engine and the weight of it being removed a big difference. been told it weighs around 30kilos

would be like putting a lightweight flywheel in. i would have removed mine, but didnt want to try sell the car without it. also summer is a bitch without it