Sign in to follow this  
------ S-Tune ------

370Z QUESTIONS

hey there

im a S15 owner wanting to buy a new 370Z so im a newb in the Z world just wana ask a few questions.

#1 6 speed vs 7 auto. not sure what one to go by, iv been told the 6 speed gets a faster 1/4 time then the 7 auto, but been told that the 7 speed is the same technology as in the R35 GTR giveing snap gear changes unlike conventional autos.

#2 the audio system how far can you upgrade?

#3 should i wait till later models come out such as whats offerd in the USA at the moment eg, 40th Anniversary Package and Nismo models?

also where can you order in 370Z nismo parts? australian dealers wont.

i have a few others to ask but ill wait later

Most of your questions can be answered on Nissan's site, but I'll answer them anyway :S

#1 - The 7 spd auto is just an automatic gearbox with paddle shifters. It does not have a dual-clutch transmission like the GT-R. It will blip the throttle on downshifts, but it's not instant. I would personally go with the 6 spd manual w/ synchro rev match.

#2 - You can option the 370z with the BOSE system: 6 CD in-dash auto-changer with AM/FM radio, MP3/WMA capability and 8 speakers, including 2 subwoofers. I haven't listened to it in person, but the BOSE system is pretty shite in the 350z. You would probably be better going aftermarket.

#3 - I'm willing to bet money that the NISMO 370z will not be sold in Australia (they didn't bring in the NISMO 350z). As for the 40th Annivesary Edition, you can get the Quartz colour (dark grey) but it doesn't come with the additional bits like the red seats and brake calipers etc.

Why would you buy a new 370z when you can get a 08 Porsche Cayman for that money?

Edited by Autech Silvia

so your forking out 60+ k

may i ask why not a 34R or similar?

Shit... I didn't realise the 370z was $75k+. The 350z was only about $60k. wtf :S Not worth it IMO

For my money I would buy a used BMW E92 335i

Shit... I didn't realise the 370z was $75k+. The 350z was only about $60k. wtf :S Not worth it IMO

For my money I would buy a used BMW E92 335i

You can pickup one with low 60k drive away.

If you really want a 370z I wouldn't bother going a new car one anyway. You can get the MY10 ones with