Sign in to follow this  
sik350

Problem with 350z help

Hey guys the other day my 350z was not driving well, when i accelerate the revs don’t move past 2500 RPM the car just dies down and has major lag, i have been told it could be a airflow sensor. I have taken this to Nissan when i had it checked the problem went away :( it comes and goes. Has anyone got any advise i am thinking about just changing the part but there not cheap!!! if anyone has any info please help as this is frustrating thanks.

Could it be the throttle body sender or receiver?

If you go to a US 350z forum like MY350Z.com you will be able to find a re-set procedure for the TB

it is re-set by tuning your ignition on and off in a specific order.

Its a long shot but if it is this it will be a cheap fix.

Below is from G35Divers.com

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” (NOT start) and wait 3 seconds.

2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.

2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).

2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.

3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.

4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)

5. Wait about 10 seconds.

6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.

7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).

8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone. If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Remember, timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. You may even need someone's help to do this correctly.

Edited by MITCH_21