Sign in to follow this  
noob15

Gauges on a budget?

I have racetech cost me 195 delivered with din pannel boost oil pressure and water temp fits snug under my cd player in my s15 does a awesome job cant beat them on price found them on ebay

are the cheapy gauges generally the same? just choose a set that you like? I'm thinking of just getting some ebay ones

Buy autometer from summitracing in usa.

roughly 70Aud per gauge plus shipping.

Who cares if its not 'hektic jdm y0' its cheap reliable gauges

Buy autometer from summitracing in usa.

roughly 70Aud per gauge plus shipping.

Who cares if its not 'hektic jdm y0' its cheap reliable gauges

Mmmm it is kind of funny how carried away people can get with JDM products.. Sure the quality is high, but now days you can source parts which are just as good as JDM if not better and cheaper..

People need to stop copying everything JDM too and throw in a bit of their own style..

i reckon the sass ones look pretty good, cheap a chips... if they had a fuel gauge and speedo... would be worth using for a full cluster swap

easy to source

Im running Autometer C2 series gauges, they are bright, very easy to read, day or night, cheapish and they do a full range of electronic and mechanical gauges for just about everything.. I've got boost, AFR, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp.. I am going to be wiring in a switch to turn the lights off sooner or later though... it does light up the inside of the car alot and at night in dark streets (no streetlights) it can be hard to see out.... Having said that I wouldnt pull them out for anything...

i have autometer air/fuel and oil pressure in my 14 and they work perfectly ive always used autometer cause they are well priced and are a a big name ....... if they wernt good y would alot of motorsport tems use them? drag cars , nascar sprint cars and alot of road racing cars all use them........

as someone above said with the boost gauge i had the same one in my old 4x4 and it did the same thing but while driveing it was perfect, it even picked up the slight pressure drop and rise in the boost controller bleed

friendly google search bump a few years on.

Any more recommendations or opinions on gauges ? How did the Shadow Pro gauges from Just Jap go ?

Running an autometer cobalt series water temp guage in my sil80. If autometer is good enough for 99% of the drag racers around, it's good enough for me.

I have had a Shadow Pro boost gauge in my car for 3 years or so with no major faults.

Sometimes, the day/night brightness setting will reset, although I think this was to do with my old battery losing charge as it hasnt happened for a year or so now.

The only thing I am skeptical of is the response. it seems sorta slow sometimes. I dont really have anything to compare it to though.

I might pinch my mates defi out of his dead car and see if there is a difference.

That engine guardian is almost exactly what I've been looking for, going to order one now.

Should fit nicely in front of the stock cluster without obstructing veiw I assume?

Edited by Junny

the only thing that concerns me about those things is the screen brightness - i hate bright shit at night.

That engine guardian is almost exactly what I've been looking for, going to order one now.

Should fit nicely in front of the stock cluster without obstructing veiw I assume?

yeah look at the measurements :)

Also request for both 1/8 npt sensors if you like instead of that probe sensor. There's no extra charge.

Best part of it, it allows you to set a 2 stage alarm.. a slight beep when say it hits 100 degrees then a constant annoying beep at 110 degrees.

Also allows you to set a temp for fan/water spray relay to kick in for each sensor. So you potentially could you use it as a fan controller and also a water spray controller

I use that engine guardian to control my thermo fans. Works very well!!!

Edited by ru55kj

I run parts shop max digital engine vitals gauge, its been really good for me, would get it in all my cars

nice and small so sit it on the cluster and only blocks the fuel mileage on s13. reads 1xtemp(oil or water), 1xpressure(oil or fuel) and volts

paid $220 delivered which included top rad hose adapter for water. Good gear and you can also calibrate it yourself

Edited by Phoenix Silvia