Sign in to follow this  
dk8184life

2008 370z?

does any1 know wat year is the official release of the 370z,because i heard that there are some models released in 2008.

worst car in stock form to drive. although the interior is awesome. terrible and gutless

worst car in stock form to drive. although the interior is awesome. terrible and gutless

Thats a bit rough... It all comes down to what your used to and what you would consider gutless. It does 0-100 in 5.6 sec all things considered that's not exactly what you would call slow.

Drive an NA CA silvia in stock form i bet that would be a far bit worse.

How can you compare a new "sports car" to a NA CA lol.

I agree 350z, 370z, waste of time.

Tell that to Nismo! Seems they think otherwise!

Are you saying you'd say no to this?

Nismo 350Z.jpg

lol that is definately not stock, but if you spend that much money on a car of course it is going to be awesome...

at the end of the day a bog stock s13 / 14 / 15 is pretty well shit as well... especially s13's with stock suspension / turbo = trying to ride a deflated pool toy... sloppy and inevitably fails...

Thats not stock, mate.

But you said they were a waste of time.... :S

If a 350Z or 370Z are bad stock, then what are S13/14/15 stock?

Do you drive around in a dead stock car?

Agreed.. to be honest i love the 370z.. looks awesome.

and i think it would be a dream to have that car with awesome suspension and an RB30det under the hood.. would be perfect.

Your clutching now.

Obviously, if you throw Hundreds of thousands at any car you'll win.

I drive a stock car daily. My other car is far from standard.

I was simply agreeing in stock form (which most are) they basically suck. Most people who own them do not modify them. They are a brand new car not sure why you are comparing them to stock silvias.

^ refering to Silvias as they were new once too and s15 can pretty much be put in the same boat as a 350/370 being basic in stock form.

^ refering to Silvias as they where new once too and s15 can pretty much be put in the same boat as a 350/370 being basic in stock form.

Bingo, that's my point!

To be honest, in stock form, I'd have a 350Z over a S15 anyday.

Says the guy who drives a 32 gts-t and has a NOS bottle as his display pic ...LOL!

I bet this guy only races for respect, Because to some racer the respect is worth more!

350z and 370z's are great cars, they are just not all about the right foot.

I had a SR20 turbo Silvia for 2.5 years and i haven't regretted swapping it for the 350z NA once

Says the guy who drives a 32 gts-t and has a NOS bottle as his display pic ...LOL!

I bet this guy only races for respect, Because to some racer the respect is worth more!

350z and 370z's are great cars, they are just not all about the right foot.

I had a SR20 turbo Silvia for 2.5 years and i haven't regretted swapping it for the 350z NA once

Why would I have a display picture of an item that wasnt actually in my car? You have no idea.

You sound like every other poser in a 350/370z that is better then the rest of us.

350z are great to drive in my experience. Dunno what you guys are complaining about.

Im not complaining I just happened to agree with someone who said they are boring in stock form. Ive looked at buying these myself at some stage, they look good and probably make a great comfy daily. I guess people dont like hearing others opinions.

Was flogging around in a top of the line 09 model 370z with only 25xxxkm on the clock yesterday.

Manual, with the syncro match rev system on the gearbox it was quite a fun car to drive.

you'd have to have a fair distorted view of what is and isnt a good car to say its rubbish......

^I haven't had a good crack in one yet blind_justice, keen to.

Even 350Zs are great fun, I don't know what the people saying otehrwise are on about? I worked at Nissan for some time and would always prefer to jump in a stock 350 to a stock S15 and this is coming from a Silvia owner. However, if it was a modified S13-15, I'd always grab the keys.

Until you play with either of them, anyone on this forum would think of them as slow in a straight line. Considering most of us have cars under or around 1300kgs with comparitavely large gobs of torque (compared to weight), what do you expect?

I guess it could be considered a preference thing, but I can still appreciate cars I wouldn't choose.

350Z + x2Disco Spud = Best of both worlds :wub:

I owned a 350z for 2 years... I pumped a bit of money into it with basic mods. There not the fastest car in a straight line but take it up into the mountains and they handle like there on rails.

In the end its personal preference when i made my first comment i was just stating that most cars in Stock form aren't that crash hot but a 370z is far from bad. I could think of a lot worse stock sports cars out there.

Here we go again, bagging car model within the same car company, Nissan make great affordable sports cars and I would hope we all share the love and admiration of Nissan sports cars of all model and era.

I have had a S14 and S15 in the past 14 years, I had a Nispro custom 3" front pipe, Fujitsubo Power Getter CBE and boost resticter removed, Whiteline adjustable swaybars, DBA 4000 slotted rotors & Ferodo DS2500 pad etc.... The boost gauge showed just over 1 bar at full throttle, and my stock 370z(not for long) would leave my lightly modified S15 for dead on a straight line and around the bends.

I know the stock 370z may not be as quick as a highly modified 200sx, but it insn't all about straight line performance in my book. The stock 370z is such a well package car from the factory, it has adequate power, excellent handling, powerfull brakes and surprisingly compliant ride, and I still love the S14 and S15 for their good attributes...

Check out the zclub forum, there are many modified 370z in Australia, and one with twin turbo in Melbourne which is being reviewed and will be published in the next month or two by one of the highly regard motoring magazine in Australia.

Edited by s15specrgt

I know the stock 370z may not be as quick as a highly modified 200sx, but it insn't all about straight line performance in my book. The stock 370z is such a well package car from the factory, it has adequate power, excellent handling, powerfull brakes and surprisingly compliant ride, and I still love the S14 and S15 for their good attributes...

+1. If you are just looking for straight line speed, look elsewhere, the 370z isn't just about outright speed.

Thats not stock, mate.

But you said they were a waste of time.... :S

If a 350Z or 370Z are bad stock, then what are S13/14/15 stock?

Do you drive around in a dead stock car?

+1

370z is an awesome car and I still think it is fun to drive.

stock for stock. silvias wouldnt keep up with a Z. i admit i had heaps of fun in my 180's and silvias. but at the end of the day ill always choose a Z.

stock for stock. silvias wouldnt keep up with a Z. i admit i had heaps of fun in my 180's and silvias. but at the end of the day ill always choose a Z.

Wow... Im actually in the different boat.

I want to get back into my 180...

Main reason, i love how much more throwable they are (in other worlds if you dent it its cheap fix) fk everything about the 180 is cheap.

But i do love driving the NA convertable one around (just wish it was a 6sp like my old one)

But fukem both, 600kg kit car + sr20det, should be real nice, just gotta finish (... start) building it.

Oh dont get me wrong. i love 180sx to death. and yes i do agree that its alot cheaper to fix up and fun to throw around. most fun i had was in my 180sx

but then again reason i choose a 350z is thats it suits me alot more. as im getting older i prefer something more stable,classy and more reliable.