Sign in to follow this  
SIR ASHMAN

I Need More TV !

I need to "purchase" some more TV shows.

Have Bandwidth, Have Astraweb account, Have TB's of storage, Need more TV!!!!

Here's my current library (according to my media manager program):

Andromeda

Ax Men

Bad Universe

Band Of Brothers

Battlestar Galactica (2003)

Being Human

Boston Legal

Breaking Bad

Caprica

Charlie Jade

Chuck

Dakar

Dead Set

Defying Gravity

Doctor Who (2005)

Dollhouse

Earth 2

Eureka

Farscape

Firefly

Fringe

Futurama

Future Weapons

Gruen Nation

Haven

Hawaii Five-O (2010)

How I Met Your Mother

Human Target (2010)

Hustle

Into The Universe With Stephen Hawking

Invasion

Jake 2.0

James May On The Moon

Jeremiah

Jericho (2006)

Life After People

Lost

My Family

My Hero

My Name Is Earl

Nip/Tuck

Odyssey 5

Oz

Persons Unknown

Pioneer One

Primeval

Riverworld

Rubicon

Sanctuary

SAS - The Search For Warriors

Scrubs

Shit My Dad Says

Space

Special Unit 2

Stargate Universe

Starhunter

Supernatural

Survivor

Survivors (2008)

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

That '70s Show

The Big Bang Theory

The Chaser's War on Everything

The Colony

The Gruen Transfer

The Pacific

The Unit

The Walking Dead

The Wire

Through The Wormhole

Top Gear

V (2009)

Warehouse 13

Weeds

Yes We Canberra

Have on DVD

Stargate SG-1

Stargate Atlantis

Tour Of Duty

Still to be "purchased" (never seen them, found them in a list of recommended shows on google.)

Being Erica

Total Recall 2070

Hyperdrive

Painkiller Jane

Now And Again

Do Over

Seven Days

Eleventh Hour

Not Interested In

Dexter

Star Trek

Buffy / Angel

Anything pre 90's

I watched one episode of Deadwood from HBO in the USA and have since bought both series on dvd and am currently watching it at the moment. Not sure where you'd find it online but worth the time to watch it.

i agree Entourage mate....

aswell for a laugh, Jersey Shore :shades:

quick question, any probs with astraweb lately? Just asking cause mine is like shit house speed. from 2+mb/s to 800kb/s which it has been since dec last year..

Entourage and Blue Mountain State for something funny. Sopranos, The Shield and Sons of Anarchy. I'm also really into Mythbusters lately but not everyone likes that.

Can't stand mythbusters now. They always put that stupid pirate voice on that makes them look like even more geeks

Flashforward was a great show, but they only made the 1 season still a good watch

I didn't read ur list but the wire, inbetweeners, arrested development, modern family, Boston legal, chapelle

I enjoy these

also the hills, jersey shore, gossip girl

yes I'm a closet

Sons of Anarchy as mentioned and Boardwalk Empire if not mentioned, this is starting to get good now.

Southland looks good too i'm trying to get it now.

"a raw and authentic look at the police unit in Los Angeles. From the beaches of Malibu to the streets of East Los Angeles, "Southland" is a fast-moving drama that will take viewers inside the lives of cops, criminals, victims and their families.

Michael Cudlitz ("A River Runs Through It") plays John Cooper a seasoned Los Angeles cop assigned to train young rookie Ben Sherman (Benjamin McKenzie, "The O.C."). Cooper's honest, no-nonsense approach to the job leaves Sherman questioning whether or not he has what it takes to become a police officer."

I'd recommend Man vs. Wild, there is 5 seasons of it at the moment. His pretty kamikaze and eats some weird shit :)

Thanks guys, there are some shows there I had never even heard of which is great. keep the suggestions coming.

quick question, any probs with astraweb lately? Just asking cause mine is like shit house speed. from 2+mb/s to 800kb/s which it has been since dec last year..

No, no problems. Maybe try switching to the general or the EU/US server to see if that is any better? I'm using the US server currently.

how can you not be into Dexter!

I watched the first season (or most of it atleast) when it was on free to air. I never really got into it though. I found it quite dull especially for a show about a serial killer.

Rescue Me - Dennis Leary plays a NY firefighter post 9/11. The show is seriously f**ked up - it looks at his character's alcohol issues, his cheating ways, the boys club that is his firehouse, all the issues of everybody in the firehouse and there's plenty of fit chicks with a bit of tits and arse for good measure.

The Inbetweeners - English comedy about 4 high school losers and their exploits surrounding girls, alcohol, etc. f**king hilarious show.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand - first few episodes are full of bad acting and lame CG but it improves. Plenty of violence, language and tits & arse.

Deadwood

The Shield

The Wire

Terriers

Generation Kill

Life

Oz

All of the above are f**king brilliant viewing, some are by the same producer.

I can't stand bullshit shows like Jersey Shore or The Hills so can't recommend them, LA Ink & Miami Ink are fairly shit though - full of pointless drama and sob stories.

A few others based around martial arts that are on Discovery, more of a doco/science look (to an extent);

Human Weapon - 2 guys travel to different countries to study a martial art for a week then fight in that style

Fight Quest - same as above

The Ultimate Warrior - compares weapons and techniques of various 'warriors' Aztecs, Ninjas, Maori, Viking etc and assesses the weaponary of each then stages a computer battled (acted out on screen) to determine the result.

Lawman with Steven Seagal..

Its a cop TV series that follows him around in his daily job(a cop, I didnt even know he was a cop) apparently has been a cop for 20 years.

Its a good series and u see some pretty cool shit..

Black crack head from the bronx:''OMG your Steven Seagal, I love your movies''

Steven Seagal: ''Get the f**k on the Ground''

lol Classic

Noticed no car ones

I recommend Chasing Classic Cars, Overhaulin even the new series of Orange County Choppers is good Jnr Vs Jr, Wheeler Dealers.

The Black Donellys - Irish brothers growing up in Hells Kitchen and getting into organized crime

Just discovered a show called Pawn Stars great show.

Just now ? Found that a while back.

ph34r.gif

a new series called 'lights out' has come out about a washed up boxer - its only up to its 3rd episode but its showing some promise

So you have Earth 2 i used to love that show, where did you get it?

Dexter is a must watch it gets better and better.

Bobs Burgers is a new cartoon that has started which is good so far and also a cartoon called Archer is well worth watching.

a new series called 'lights out' has come out about a washed up boxer - its only up to its 3rd episode but its showing some promise

I watched the first episode this morning, i like it and will be giving it a chance to do some character building, did feel like each of the characters so far were a bit bland, not enough individuality....?

Great thread! Im a huge tv ep watcher, seen most of yours.. some weird shows you have picked and you have missed most of the best shows in the last 10 years.. most are already mentioned but

Dramas

Sons of anarchy, great drama around bikey club

the wire (greatest drama ever.. I mean look it has a 9.7 with 30,000 votes on imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0306414/)

Entourage (bit slow to get going, but first few seasons are great, prob one of my fav shows.. gets abit crap ~season 6)

Skins UK (bit teenage drama, but its a really good and pushes the boundries of what can be shown(

Funnies

it's always sunny in philedelphia is great, especially s2 on tho its very trainwreck humor so you have to be into that.

Blue Mountain State like american pie mixed with entourage, funny as

arrested development, such a great comedy one of my fav and once again rated huge on imdb 9.6 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367279/

Also some shows mentioned I want to watch, so got a feeling ill be busy

Lawman with Steven Seagal..

Its a cop TV series that follows him around in his daily job(a cop, I didnt even know he was a cop) apparently has been a cop for 20 years.

Its a good series and u see some pretty cool shit..

Black crack head from the bronx:''OMG your Steven Seagal, I love your movies''

Steven Seagal: ''Get the f**k on the Ground''

lol Classic

LOL, i'm interested now :lol:

Thanks to you guys I have now run out of storage space (the 2 TB drive in my HTPC is full and I've had to start storing stuff on my main PC and streaming it across). :thumb:

I've got it already. Haven't watched it yet though.

So you have Earth 2 i used to love that show, where did you get it?

I got it ages ago from a nearly dead torrent. It's probably impossible to find now.

Community

IT Crowd

Just "obtained" them both.