Sign in to follow this  
steveP

Disturbing Movies

I've recently been on the hunt for disturbing movies and can't quench my thirst. I don't mean full on f**ked up gore/slasher movies, but movies which mentally mess you up for the rest of the day.

So far I've sourced and seen.

Requiem For A Dream

One of the best directed movies I've ever seen. Follows the stories of 4 individuals as drug addiction cripples their life.

Requiem_for_a_dream.jpg

Marytrs

A seriously f**ked up movie which is the new measuring stick for horror flicks. The chick a JB covered in tattoos and piercings warned me about the movie, so that validated the movie before I even watched it. Such a well written story which takes a 90 degree turn half way through the movie.

220px-Martyrs_tp01.jpg

The Human Centipede

Just a freaky concept. An ex conjoined twins surgeon decides to start stitching people together.

220px-Human-Centiped-poster.jpg

Kids

Not a gory movie at all, but a harsh truthful look at the extremes in youth culture.

220px-Kids_film.jpg

Antichrist

A surreal story about a grieving couple after the death of their child. They enter a forrest of hallucination and very weird happenings.

220px-Larsvontrierantichristposter.jpg

Still to find and watch.

- Ken Park

- I Spit On Your Grave

- Cannibal Holocaust

- Salo

- Last House On The Left

- Eraserhead

- A Serbian Film

- A Clockwork Orange

- I Stand Alone

- Irreversible

Discuss.

Movies you recommend, f**ked you up or wish you never saw.

Edited by steveP

thats a good list man, requiem for a dream really messes people up it's not for the feint hearted

TBH i stopped watching last house on the left, it was pretty foul

i want to add

-Oldboy

awesome korean movie that is worth a watch, guy gets locked in a room for like 15 years then gets out and has to find out why he was locked up

-soylent green

really old film from 70's about overpopulated future and everyone lives off these mysterious biscits

Checked out JB in my lunch break and found:

- Cannibal Holocaust

- I Stand Alone

- Irreversible

Looks like some good watching tonight. I've been looking for Irreversible for a while now, seeing it's had such good reviews.

It's pretty hard finding most of these movies. Seems like luck of the draw in the restricted section of JB and The Muses.

soylent green is pretty cool,

ken park had too much cock for me..

i spit on your grave, clockwork orange and last house on the left are both great IMO

irreversible was average

ive only seen the Last House On The Left remake. Wouldnt say it was disturbing at all, pretty cool movie though.

Grotesque

If you like a bit of full on japanese torture

Seen:

Requiem For A Dream, Very good and dont plan on watching it agian.

Human Centipede, Funny because it was so bad, will watch the 2nd movie

A clock work orange, Weird but well made

Old boy, One of my favorites movies of all time

Have but haven't seen yet:

A Serbian Film

Irreversible

ive only seen the Last House On The Left remake. Wouldnt say it was disturbing at all, pretty cool movie though.

can't really compare the 2

Tokyo Gore Police

If you like a bit of full on japanese mutant gore... stuff... I dunno, watch it if a mutant vagina chair or guy with mutant penis cannon peak your curiousity.

p.s. anyone seen 3 guys 1 hammer? I'm curious as to what it's like but I'm hesitant to watch it with it being real and all.

Guinea pig films

Japanese gore films

The films received additional media attention in the U.S. in 1991, when actor Charlie Sheen watched the second film of the series, Flower of Flesh and Blood, and mistook it for a genuine snuff film, immediately contacting the FBI to report it

I've seen all of the ones you viewed plus most of the ones on your list.

-Cannibal Holocaust: this is only good for historical value (originally believed to be a documentary, thus a criminal investigation was undertaken). Definitely view the extras and coverage of the making of the film.

-Last House on the Left: once again, only good for historical value. This would probably only receive an M15+ rating these days. There's a rubbish remake floating around also.

-Clockwork Orange: this is an important piece of cinematic history and a cut above the other films listed.

-Eraserhead: seriously weird, but also an important piece of history.

Check out the bloodydisgusting.com forums for other suggestions, although most of those suggestions are covered (A Serbian Film, Salo, guinea pig, etc.).

Being a horror fan I can tell you that gory films are a dime-a-dozen, however scary or disturbing films are few and far between. Some others to consider are...

-High Tension

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/

-Frontier(s)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814685/

-The Last Horror Movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319728/

-Seed (Uwe Boll's an idiot and the film is mostly rubbish but is known for its intensity)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758781/

Where can I rent these movies??? At my local DVD store or do I need to dl this stuff?

Dear mr gracy is f**ked and disturbing I love a good f**ked movie but this one I ended up going to bed half way through just put me of

I watched i spit on your grave last week and i dont rate it. The human centipede was an interesting watch. Still trying to find a serbian film.

I watched i spit on your grave last week and i dont rate it.

yeah i agree on i spit on your grave

was expecting it to be more brutal, but yea, not as i expected (maybe the original was better, i can't compare)

Eraserhead and A clockwork orange are great films, A clockwork orange was directed by one of the all time great directors Stanley Kubrick, it was quite shocking for 1971 but now seems a bit tame, eraserhead is just plain weird but has a great "feel" to the movie which makes it worth watching even though it is quite basic and made on a shoe string budget

was expecting it to be more brutal, but yea, not as i expected (maybe the original was better, i can't compare)

The original was what me and the others were referring to. I hear the remake is crap, like most remakes.

Watched a few new movies over the past week:

Irreversible

One of the best opening 20 minutes in a film I've seen. The story line didn't have much substance, but the way it was told was awesome. The director of the film f**ks with you throughout the film by starting with the credits scrolling on a slight angle and plays a frequency for the first 30mins of the film which humans cant really hear but makes us feel uncomfortable. The film is played in reverse order and crazy camera work.

220px-Irreversible_ver2.jpg

I Stand Alone

From the director of the above movie. Wasnt anywhere near as good as I was expecting. The subtitles go way too fast so you either miss half of what they are saying or have to stop and rewind. Near the end of the movie it warns you have 30 seconds until hell breaks loose and to leave the cinema. I wouldn't recommend this movie.

SeulContreTous.jpg

Cannibal Holocaust

This is a f**ked up movie if you ever wanted to see one. Documentary footage has been found of a team who went out searching for a cannibal tribe in South Africa. They were found eaten and you watch the footage they recorded up to their death. Basically the original Blair Witch Project concept. When the movie came out in 1980, they advertised it as real documentary footage and the director went to jail being accused of really killing people.

Cannibal_Holocaust_movie.jpg

The Mist

Found this movie by mistake. Stephen King wrote this film years ago and kept getting rejected from studios due to the ending. It was rated number 1 as the most bleak ending to a movie. It's a horror movie about a mist (military project gone wrong) which entraps a town releasing creatures from another dimension which attacks everyone. Good old fanshion horror movie.

220px-The_Mist_poster.jpg

Edited by steveP

Where can I rent these movies??? At my local DVD store or do I need to dl this stuff?

Try the restricted section at JB hifi. Or yeah, online.

The Mist

Found this movie by mistake. Stephen King wrote this film years ago and kept getting rejected from studio's due to the ending. It was rated number 1 as the most bleak ending to a movie. It's a horror movie about a mist (military project gone wrong) which entraps a town releasing creatures from another dimension which attacks everyone. Good old fanshion horror movie.

sounds really bad but i was laughing at the ending, thinking what a bunch of dumb shits. Not a bad movie actually, never really heard of it before just showed up on Foxtel one night

After reading the Wiki on "A Serbian Film", I REALLY don't want to see it...

After reading the Wiki on "A Serbian Film", I REALLY don't want to see it...

pussy.

just watched the uncut version of a serbian film and fark me it's one messed up film the most fuked up film to be ever made