Sign in to follow this  
harris.

Harris' steeter/track hack - Type X shiz fitted page 15!

I think he just means they see an import and class it as hoon comparing it to racial profiling like they see a black person and think they are a thief etc. S15 seats are so much better instant update on the s13 interior.

hahahaha yeah man, car looks a million times less gross just because of the seats.. amazing what a simple mod can do..

I think he just means they see an import and class it as hoon comparing it to racial profiling like they see a black person and think they are a thief etc.
This. If you look up "Grunt Files" and have a read, you'll understand more. They way they instantly target a modified vehicle (Paint, wheels etc) compared to standard cars. Basically, it's the same as pulling an Arab person from an Airport line - Racial profiling. Making us a part of a "minority" But yeah, side tracked. Love this car haha

yeah its not awesome, but too be far we have it pretty good up this way.. people RARELY get defected, and as iv said iv driven the car daily for about 18 months, 12 of which the car has looked exactly like it looks when it got defected, and most times iv never even gotten a second look from coppers..

It sucks, but its the way it is..

thanks for the words on the car btw.. :)

How is targeting cars that don't conform with the law even comparable to racial profiling?
the laws are a joke and have nothing to do with safety and the targeting of cars like ours only happens because of the hoon hype, people love to blame others and we are a easy target to blame for the road toll even with we (hoons in high powered modified cars) represent a very very small perfect of the road toll and even less of those deaths are caused by illegal mods, the driver is the issue not the car the op could and probably has been driving this car for awhile and will keep driving it with illegal mods and they will never cause a crash anyway 180sx looks good, love watching raw in car footage of other drivers even if its not drifting :P

yeah, and thats what made this whole thing far worse.. of all my friends, i cop regular shit because i drive around like a grandma, and somehow im the one that gets pinged.. as i said above though, its just the way it is, i play the game, so i have to live by the consequences..

Yeah incar footage is my fave, ESPECIALLY when its not shitty drifting :P hahahahahaha

SO DEFECTS ARE CLEARED and rwc has been obtained and sent away to whoever i needed to send it to..

Thank god for that, car looks pretty plain now.. hella gay sunkness, blue bonnet again, s15 seats so no outrageous race seat..

still, im glad to have it back on the road.. i actually went for the first drive today since the roadtune on street tyres.. it shreds first second and third but it still needs a bit of touching up in areas..

also my new actuator showed up so once i get some motovation i will take the old one off and stick the new one on, hopefully that solves my boost control issues..

So i had a look at the new actuator yesterday, the part with the spring in it is substantially bigger than the old one, and its already pretty tight down in that area so it might not be as straight forward as i was hoping it would be..

dont want to attempt anything this weekend as iv spent all week getting the car back on the road, so will probs attempt to swap them over this week sometime and will then call the tuner and get it all cleaned up running real amounts of boost in all gears..

So i just made a thread about my passenger headlight not working on regular beam.. it works fine on high beam but otherwise it just doesnt work at all.. i went and got another bulb thinking it might be that but that was a no go, so now im stuck trying to get the wiring for the light sorted out..

i dropped the bottom part of the dash to look at the wiring under there, and it looked like this..

IMAG0100_zps7dd080ea.jpg

IMAG0101_zps07dc2181.jpg

Honestly, i have no idea what i am looking at there.. there is like 4 or 5 wires i could see in there that just didnt go to anything, as well as random plugs that dont have anything plugged into it and a fuse randomly attached to two joiners on two different wires..

WHAT AM I LOOKING AT HERE???

Also some random pics i took since i had my thinking hat on..

Where I sit..

IMAG0105_zps4cb7d1b4.jpg

My engine Bay now..

IMAG0106_zpsc9739794.jpg

Some random photo..

IMAG0097_zpsb787af4c.jpg

finally, being hellasunk on the front wheels..

IMAG0098_zps3b06de5e.jpg

Alright thats it boys, i still havent addressed the actuator situation as the tuner isnt free for another week or so, so iv just been trying to fix up a few other issues i have noticed over the last few months (IE HEADLIGHTS)

peace fullas..

Its probably dead wiring from the 30 turbo timers and shit it's had over the past 20 odd years man.

On another note did you ever get a cage?

Its probably dead wiring from the 30 turbo timers and shit it's had over the past 20 odd years man. On another note did you ever get a cage?

nah not yet, i ended up hitting a wall as far as dollars go and the guy i was going to get it engineered through went on like a 6 month holiday to europe or some shit.. so the plan is still there to do it, i just have to wait til April for him to get back so i can get it all mod plated and whatnot so i dont have to go through the whole defect situation again.. I do daily the car to uni and work basically everyday so the less illegal it is the better..

I really only wanted the cage so i could do the hillclimb events that are local, but to be fair, i dont know that i would have money for the hillclimbs and the sprint series, and i like the idea of crashing on a race track way more than going off the side of the hill :lol:

The lads at Bonds were so helpful though, and the prices were awesome.. WHEN the time comes for me to buy the cage it will defs be through them..

Edited by harris.

Also the other thing i forgot to mention was i need to buy some new semi's for this season.. and for the price through tyre rack i cant go past a set of these.. They will be about 1400 delivered from the good old US of A..

fs_kumho_tyres_v710.jpg

Not 100% on sizes yet, but i think I will go 235 fronts and 255 rears on my 17's in the photos above.. i ran 16's last year but i think there was too much sidewall or something, as i could feel a bit of flex on mid speed corners..

Edited by harris.

Wait, im an idiot.. those tyres dont come in those sizes. i was thinking of something else..

the sizes i could use are either in 225/45, 245/40 and 275/45..

does it matter that i have 8 inch fronts and 9 inch rears, reckon i could get away with 245's all round so i can rotate them front to rear if need be??

+1 on the s15 seats - one of the 1st things i did and an all round cumfy seat aye!

Nice car all round bud

How much does the Bonds cage cost? Looking to get one from them but haven't contacted them yet

Also the other thing i forgot to mention was i need to buy some new semi's for this season.. and for the price through tyre rack i cant go past a set of these.. They will be about 1400 delivered from the good old US of A..

FYI get them split your order/invoice so it's under 1k or you'll get raped by customs & GST.

+1 on the s15 seats - one of the 1st things i did and an all round cumfy seat aye!

Nice car all round bud

yeps, s15 seats are amazing compared to the stock seats.. cheers man :)

How much does the Bonds cage cost? Looking to get one from them but haven't contacted them yet

around 800 for a basic half cage with a harness bar iirc, obviously it gets more expensive the more indepth with the cage you go, give them a call man, they are extremely nice guys and were very helpful when i called..

FYI get them split your order/invoice so it's under 1k or you'll get raped by customs & GST.

good thinking man.. thanks for the headsup.. :)

alright so after googling around on the internets it seems like its a mildly common problem for s13's for their headlight stalk to get some shiznit on it or something and make one of the headlights not work, so i went and picked up another stalk from a mate and am going to swap it in to see if it works..

Also got a set of electric ganador copies as i am sick and tired of my sweet aero mirrors that are USELESS for actually seeing things behind you..

will whack those on tomoz and get some pics..

Alright, so, the headlights..

went and picked up a spare stalk from my mate, pulled the steering wheel column cover off, unscrewed the stalk and unplugged it..

and the plug looked like this..

IMAG0118_zpsc6eba782.jpg

All burnt and shit.. So i sussed out the plug on the stalk and it was burnt even worse, so who knows what happened there.. stuck the new stalk in and flicked the headlights on and BAM!!!

now the other headlight would only work, so i was still stuck in a situation of being with one headlight, but it was the opposite one that was working now..

So i decided to track all that extra shitty wiring that was under the dash of my car, it turns out whoever owned the car before me did some stupid wiring to get the headlights to be able to do lazy eyes.. i dont know why but there was a spare little button on the dash that when i clicked it would move the headlights down, but it was like hard wired into the actual fuse board down in the drivers footwell..

idiots..

here's the wires that i took out that were either not attached to anything, or randomly attached to the fuse board thingy..

IMAG0114_zps4fae346f.jpg

So after cleaning it all up, and making it look semi neat again, i realised that there was a random wire just sitting there that went to nothing, got power to it, and my other headlight that wasnt working switched on!!! HOORAY!!! so worked out where that was supposed to go and i was laughing.. i now have two working headlights again!!!

Also, i picked up a set of ganador copies from a mate as i was sick of constantly adjusting my awesome little race mirrors.. At one of my last track days i hit the left side mirror on a bollard and it was never the same, it just used to slowly slide lower and lower til i couldnt see anything, and then i would need to get out of the car and fix it again, and it was just a pain in the arse..

dont know if the ganadors make it look better, but at least i can actually see behind me now when im driving..

IMAG0115_zpsb5e9cbd5.jpg

Anyways thats it for now, still havent done that actuator to see if it fixes my boost control issues, so i'll get on that in the next few days when i get some time..

PEACE!!!!

I think every car ive owned ive had to pull out the same amount of wiring for some dodgy thing. Mirrors look good man.

yeah, its just so stupid how much wiring iv pulled out of that car over the time iv owned it.. there was like 3 sets of wiring for various stereo systems that previous owners had just left in the car and wired in their own shit.. people are sooooo lazy..

mirrors do look good, so good to be able to see behind me again :lol:

So another little update, i got off my arse and did my new actuator yesterday..

pretty straight forwards, initially i just pulled the old actuator off the bracket and planned on sticking the new one on, but i hadnt thought about the fact that the new one was so much longer so once i had the old one off and compared them i realised it wasnt going to work with the original bracket..

You can see the size difference in the pics below..

IMAG0120_zps48f1aa93.jpg

IMAG0119_zps2584b84b.jpg

So i pulled the old bracket off the turbo as well, installed the new bracket that came with the actuator and everything worked out pretty well.. i havent run the car yet as i want to get a new silicone joiner from the cooler pipe to the turbo outlet as it was all hard and cracked and looked gross.. so once i get that today then i will put it all back together and then will get my tuner over on the weekend to see if the boost control issue has been rectified..

It looks ok, it just seems weird that the bracket makes the actuator sit out on an angle away from the turbo, meaning that the connection to the wastegate flap is on an angle as well.. i suppose it works though, i havent read about anyone having dramas with it so we'll just have to wait and see..

Here's a pic of it installed..

IMAG0123_zps76759448.jpg

Alright thats it for now, hopefully the boost issue is resolved and i'll get the tune sorted then get it on a dyno to see what number it puts out.. not expecting too much, no cams, and we regularly have 35 degree temps here so around 200-210ish is what im assuming i will get..

drive safe peeps!!!

What's the current engine setup?

Like what mods does the engine have??

Nothing major, or even minor for that matter..

Just all the normal shit, exhaust, cooler, 3 inch intake, z32, 850's, power fc, and TD05-20G running 20 psi..

we'll see how this goes at the track once i get my semis on and get some times down, if i did a 45.6 before with absolutely no power and rooted semis, hopefully i can go a lot faster with 200ish kw's and brand spankin new v710's..

What's the current engine setup?

Like what mods does the engine have??

Nothing major, or even minor for that matter..

Just all the normal shit, exhaust, cooler, 3 inch intake, z32, 850's, power fc,  and TD05-20G running 20 psi..

we'll see how this goes at the track once i get my semis on and get some times down, if i did a 45.6 before with absolutely no power and rooted semis, hopefully i can go a lot faster with 200ish kw's and brand spankin new v710's..

fark yeah bro makin progress now woohoo :) what diff gears does this thing have? U might find putting a higher diff gear in will knock that little bit of time off that you were chasing if the new power level doesn't... :)mirrors look sick. Its a shame you can't run that other bonnet

4.1 i believe.. yeah i made a thread about it ages ago but for some reason its not in my content or whatever and i cant remember what it was called.. it was about changing diff gears and whatnot.. i'll try and find it now..

yeah gay about the bonnet, i'll just stick it on for events and whatnot..

and i just found it.. apparently i should make the switch to 4.3 and see how that goes, this year will be my first season with a tuned car so need to work out whether the diff gear change will help me or hinder me.

v710's = win

go 225 and 245 on 8 and 9 to keep them pulled tight, dont want these feeling baggy

v710's = win

go 225 and 245 on 8 and 9 to keep them pulled tight, dont want these feeling baggy

yeah im just seeing if i can find another pair of 17 x 9's so i can run 245's all round and then can rotate tyres need be.. v710's do seem to be the go though, we had a guy last season on his first day out with them set the RWD track record and dropping about 4 tenths of his previous PB..

Well its a tight little track so I definitely reckon look into a 4.3 or higher, u will only be faster, might even need to run a 275 wide rear with 4.3 lol she'll probably smoke 3rd piece of piss

Why do u need 17s bro? have u looked at the enkei rpf01 or whatever their called? Super lightweight... And pretty darn cheap

Edited by DRE20

fark yea.. 245 on 9's all round sounds like the smartest move financially

but if you wanna be badass like me do what dre says.. 275's on a 10inch rear fawkyea :D

3681_10151171817401107_1006281476_n.jpg

Edited by scooby36