Sign in to follow this  
harris.

Harris' steeter/track hack - Type X shiz fitted page 15!

Why do u need 17s bro? have u looked at the enkei rpf01 or whatever their called? Super lightweight... And pretty darn cheap

yeah, but i am still 4 stud..

if you factor in the rims, plus going 5 stud, plus either s15 brakes or z32 or r33 brakes, it ends up being like 2 and a bit grand at the least.. better of just staying 4 stud and finding another pair of 17 x 9..

fark yea.. 245 on 9's all round sounds like the smartest move financially

but if you wanna be badass like me do what dre says.. 275's on a 10inch rear fawkyea biggrin.png

yeah, but as i mentioned, im still 4 stud.. finding ten inch wide rims in 4 stud is never going to happen.. unless its brotas or xxr's..

contact Option1 on facebook - Koyas like mine in 17 x 9, 10 in whatever offset you want, drilled to whichever stud pattern you want.

So i havent updated this for a while as iv been doing other work related shiznit as well as uni, but i got my car tuned the other day!!!! properly!!! on a dyno!!!

ended up with 210kw at the wheels on 18psi, exactly what i was expecting considering i dont have cams, but with the sprints next weekend it will be interesting to see what this extra increase in power will do for my times..

im gonna take a better picture, but this will have to do for now..

1363356317010_zps1e833094.jpg

Car feels much nicer now, on the street tune it was kind of like a light switch, no power then all power and it just shredded tyres.. with this tune its much more gradual now and it feels like it makes torque/power for a lot longer..

thats it for now, i'll have a major update next weekend after the sprints, i also picked up a set of rear 5 stud s13 hubs for cheapcheap (free, thanks robbo) so will source some sort of fronts then the search for real wheel will be on..

drive safe peeps!!!

expected more with that setup, nice curve though!

we live in shitty hot townsville man, every single setup here makes about 10/15% less power than it would down south due to our shitty hot weather year round..

it feels much nicer on the street though, we'll see how it goes at the track but worst case scenario i'll just sort myself out some cams..

And thus i run stock engine management. :yes:

it only goes so far man.. everyone can always do with mooarrrr boost.. ;)

Also the other thing i forgot to mention was i need to buy some new semi's for this season.. and for the price through tyre rack i cant go past a set of these.. They will be about 1400 delivered from the good old US of A..

fs_kumho_tyres_v710.jpg

Not 100% on sizes yet, but i think I will go 235 fronts and 255 rears on my 17's in the photos above.. i ran 16's last year but i think there was too much sidewall or something, as i could feel a bit of flex on mid speed corners..

I had to go back and quote this. I guess we saw how well these tires perform on the weekend.

with who?? lagays in the swift did a time about a second faster than he has ever done on his r888's, and that was the first time out on them..

i think the only other person running these was that evo that spun a few times, but his were like a year old and they were out of juice.. i defs still need to get some though, def's cheater tyres for sure hahahahah

Edited by harris.

When you were sitting in my passenger seat and he was right in the rear vision mirror in his 'Bruised Banana' haha

hahahaha oh yeah, the old bruised banana.. yeah that beast is mildly quick anyways, but with those cheaters on it is ridiculous.. defs need to get onto a set of those asap..

LONGEST TIME BETWEEN UPDATES EVER!!!

alright so it has been almost 6 months since my last update, so i better explain where i have been..

Long story short, i have dealt with pretty hardcore anxiety the last 6 years of my life, and for some reason at the start of May it randomly flared up, so i dropped right out of touch with all my car shit and went about MIA with everything.. but yeah, im dealing with it alright now, im not flawless, but better..

ANYWAYS

So nothing has really happened in the last 6 months, car is exactly the same, i havent done any new mods, havent done any events, but i still used it to get to uni and whatnot so i suppose it hasnt broken, so thats a good thing.. My mate owns a carwashing place so this is a photo just after a fresh wash

clean_zpsfb6715b3.jpg

But last weekend, we had a sprints event on a part of the local V8 track, and since its about a km from my house, i figured it be stupid not to do it..

It was Saturday and sunday, and i was pretty excited to race again as i hadnt competed all this year.. I was a little anxious, but it was all pretty good.. I even got to choose my race number, it was always going to be obvious which one i took (69 was taken by the way)

racecar_zps79addc79.jpg

So every thing was going pretty good, i was mid table most of the first day, and on the second day i started to really push it..

Then this happened..

http://contour.com/videos/watch/file0046--333

Locked my front left coming back through the chicanes, tried to save it but nah..

pic of aftermath

damage_zps0df5e83c.jpg

So yeah, not the best weekend ever hahahaha.. i was a little shitty before i got back to the pits but once i saw how superficial the damage was i was pretty stoked.. Only the front bar and the passenger guard got wrecked, basically everything important was fine so it could have been wayyyyy worse..

So obviously i got straight on the blower, found myself a pair of 30mm wide front guards, and im on the hunt for a new front bar.. Also coincedentally my mate popped up with a pair of S14 lca's and knuckles for sale, so im getting those this week and im just going to go 5 stud so i can get real width wheels and put real width rubber on there.. i figured that i may as well do it since iv had z32 calipers just sitting in my garage for about a million years, so once i have the LCAS and knuckles and track down a pair of hubs i can bang all that stuff on and find some real width wheels..

The downside of that is i have 3 sets of 4 stud jap wheels that i have collected over the years, so i suppose i'll have to suck it up and sell all of those hahahaha

Anyways, thats basically it for now, i'll get some [pics of the guards and front bar once i get it sorted, then i'll need to hunt for some dece wheels..

And here's a pic of me looking spectacular after another mate put his onevia into the wheel, and everyone was walking around helping.. Clearly im mature..

me_zps8ba49402.jpg

TLDR : I went crazy, now less crazy, raced car, crashed car, fixing car..

always enjoy your updates man, good on you :)

I've got rear hubs u can buy cheap as shit ;)

The bar doesnt look that bad actually and its completely salvageable.. You should just make something up from it and away you go!

Just get some Plastic and wrap it around and secure it and your set.

scorch1.221.jpg

HARRIS!!!!

always enjoy your updates man, good on you smile.png

that's right, im back..

tumblr_msu83eiz111rntezlo1_250.gif

I've got rear hubs u can buy cheap as shit wink.png

nah, i already got rears, basically all i need is a front pair of 14 hubs and im good to go.. thanks though drez.. also looks like my car will be off the road when you come here to town..

The bar doesnt look that bad actually and its completely salvageable.. You should just make something up from it and away you go!

Just get some Plastic and wrap it around and secure it and your set.

yeah, that was originally the plan, but when i went back to get the pieces there was just a big pile of white snow stuff there, i swear my front bar was made of papier mache, it literally turned into dust when i smashed those tyres.. hahahahaha.. i scored a new one pretty cheap anyways, so its not a bid drama

SOOOOOOOOOO..

been trying to get my car sorted, i decided i am defs going 5 stud, so the hunt for wheels is on as well.. already sold one of the sets of my volks, so there is no turning back now!!!

also i test fitted one of the guards to see how it looks, it seems to be passable..

no guard :

9255_10201398689183013_288821197_n_zps2099c509.jpg

with guard:

535892_10201398689463020_380315500_n_zpsc53af4ab.jpg

So i also put out a call for another front bar, a mates mate from mackay came through with this one, its basically flawless, no cracks or anything.. 150 dollary do's

bar_zpsff168ad8.jpg

So yeah, iv decided im going to go widebody rear as well, so im on the hunt for some overfenders for the back, once i track those down i will take my car to my mate/panelbeater guy and leave the car there and let him go to work.. im concerned if i did the work myself i would be more worried about binning it and therefor would drive like a girl hahahaha..

Also i forgot that at the start of the year, my car club had a poster made up with all the dates for the race meets and whatnot.. AND LOOK WHO'S SHITTY 180 MADE IT ON DOING A SKID!!!!

1002331_10153099880145525_1940139609_n_zps98820e91.jpg

alright thats it for now peeps, i will update once i find some overfenders or get some wheels or something worth an update.. drive safe!!!

Edited by harris.

hey mate ill be coming down for the meet this month

are you coming up to cairns next month pm if you want to discuss

nice work. what size wheels are you looking at going?

dont know yet bro, it seems like a 9 +20 will run a 255 up front pretty easy, so i need to sort out what size rears im gonna run then go from there.. id like to run 265's at the back ideally so may only need 30mil overs, but i need to do some proper research before i go crazy..

Edited by harris.

hey mate ill be coming down for the meet this month

are you coming up to cairns next month pm if you want to discuss

nah i dont think i'll make the meet next weekend, car wont be ready i dont reckon.. i'll come out for a look though so will come find you, you gonna be in the silver s15??

also maybe we talk deals about the tracers, almost my fave wheels right there hahahaha

ill bring the tracers with me with no tires

you bring the cash i will do you a deal

yeah be in the s15 with black rpf1s come and say hi

ill bring the tracers with me with no tires

you bring the cash i will do you a deal

yeah be in the s15 with black rpf1s come and say hi

hahahaha lets not get too excited, i'll have a suss off my finances this week and i'll pm you.. ;)

So today i went and picked up some s14 LCAS and knuckles, so just need to track down some 14/15 front hubs and then sort out rotors and im good to go on the swap.. apparently our club that runs the sprint series is putting a ban on what we call 'cheater tyres' so basically the V710 idea is gone down the toilet.. basically the only good tyres we are allowed to run you can not get from tirerack, which means im going to be paying through the anus for my tyres for next season..

gay..

stuff the sprints, go down to prossie and drift thumb.gif

since im going widebody now, there is no way im going to go down to drift at prossie.. its already way more expensive to do than the sprints, plus im a terrible drifter, so i'd defs bin the car straight away.. hahahahahah