thinkig of putting my patrol shorty on gas

Opinion on duel fuel for my 4x4  

4 members have voted

1. 1. should i make it dual fuel ?

• yes
    • no

edited4x4.jpg what do you guys think ?

good or bad idea ?

Its just that petty is so god damn expensive and this is currently my daily...

if there are heaps of issues with doing this dual fuel, i wont if there are heaps of bad issues but just wanted to ask and see if anyone has done it and what the pro's and cons of this conversion are, besides cheap fuel(gas)

cheers boyz

This is my beast :D

Have a search around on PF

I'm sure it will give more answers there then here

Patrol4x4.com

I'd say not personal opinion

I'm sure those things would be easy to put on gas. Depends on how you wanted the tank setup etc and who you got to install it for you. I know a brand new Jeep got a gas setup done for around $5k. I'm sure you could do your shorty for $3.5k, thats just a guess tho.

Really ? That much ? My mate got his commowhore done for like $1000 is there a difference between sedans and 4wd in gas conversions ?

Xheers

Really ? That much ? My mate got his commowhore done for like $1000 is there a difference between sedans and 4wd in gas conversions ?

Cheers

Probably because of the gas rebate scheme, would have cost him more like $2,700 then got $1700 back from the government.

You would be eligible for $1500 if you get it done before June, although I believe they have capped the amount of cars that can get it per year

For a LPG conversion or new LPG vehicle purchased on or after 1 July 2009, you may be eligible for one of the following grants:

1. For the LPG conversion of a registered vehicle:

· $1,750 for a conversion completed between 1 July 2009 and 30 June 2010;

· $1,500 for a conversion completed between 1 July 2010 and 30 June 2011;

· $1,250 for a conversion completed between 1 July 2011 and 30 June 2012;

· $1,000 for a conversion completed between 1 July 2012 and 30 June 2013;

· $1,000 for a conversion completed between 1 July 2013 and 30 June 2014.

Ive had a quote of $500 to have my hilux put on gas

im doing it for sure

250kms to 40 litres is killing my wallet :lol:

any places you guys recommend ? as i would like to call around and inquire about pricing :)

would be interested to see how much it costs too... just bought a 4.2 gq shorty.. $50 premium got me 150K's..

s.a autogas , somerton park

was the cheapest so far

$2900 installed under car

$3000 installed in car

*gas tank

and then the $1500 rebate after completed

so only costs like $1400/1500

not too bad for cheap fuel ahha

that would wanna be gas injection...because that is f**king abysmally expensive!

call this bloke: 0412 973 257 - Steve Round

$500 he quoted to put my hilux on Gas with a 2nd hand 140 litre tank (10 year tested though so same as brand new)

that would wanna be gas injection...because that is f**king abysmally expensive!

$500 he quoted to put my hilux on Gas with a 2nd hand 140 litre tank (10 year tested though so same as brand new)

nah man, the direct injected was like 4000 ish and i cant have gas injection as its a carby

then call that bloke

thats retarded expensive

had my old patrol on gas, was sweet. just run it on petrol every now n then to lube the valves abit.

lol, it's a TB42, hope you're good a reconditioning heads & doing head gaskets.... should go around #5 cylinder. :rant:

mine was on gas for over 200,000kms and never did the head. and if your resonably confident with cars changing the head and headgasket over isnt a biggy. do it, will save you heaps of cash, i worked out that to drive my patrol on gas was the same as driving a mates vt commo on petrol

if your 4x4 is petrol with a carburator then going duel fuel is a compromise at best. mine was duel fuel but i was only getting 2-3 kilometres per litre on LPG so now i'm petrol only. from what i understand the only way to get decent LPG milage is to have LPG injection or to remove the carburetor completely and have a throttle body under your LPG mixer, then your LPG only. but then you have the problem of limited range...

Thanks for your info.

Today I drove my dual falcon to fix shake + misfire problem, steve tune up the gas system and charges only $30. A week ago, another mechanics charged me $200 for changing spark plug but still not slove problem.

In addition, he quoted me 1999 camry $1000 to add a new LPG system or $700 for tested 2nd LPG tank seperately. So far, I am happy with his service. If one month later, the shake + misfire problem really gone, I will install LPG for my camry in his store.