Sign in to follow this  
asleep

Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)

Episode 1 ran in the states a couple of days ago. Have been waiting in patience a long time for this as I'm a huge fan of the George R R Martin novels as is anyone else here? I couldnt comprehend how they would do such an epic tale in tv and get it right.

If your into sci/fi fantasy (lord of the rings, hobbit, narnia....) then i implore you to read the books or watch this series, theres no way to describe George' literary skill. Saw ep 1 last night in 720 glory and so far staying true to the novels, of course a lot less detail and dialogue, watching one of your favorite books be made by HBO with one of the biggest tv series budgets in history gave me shivers several times.

AGoT_Wallpaper.jpg

got.jpg

got2.jpg

Edited by steveP

All over this; a colleague got me into RR Martin a year or so ago - I read Game of Thrones and am currently 3/4 through a Clash of Kings.

Watched the first episode in 720p also and was blown away; I've lost count the amount of times I have wished for a favorite novel to turn movie or series - to see this epic tale come to life is truly awe inspiring!

I watched it a second time w/the guy that got me into the books; biggest 'punch the sky' moment when Ned drops the first "Winter is coming"!!

I've kicked up my reading schedule so I can burn through the the rest of the books - I'm still struggling with the fact that the Kingslayer somehow redeems himself in later reading!

Awesome mate. I too am speeding up my reading and taking advantage of the easter break to get through more. Was amazing to see a white walker and a dire wolf for real, theres so many scenes i want to see like the cleric with the flaming sword.

I just read online that they have already been approved for season two!

Watched the first episode last night, looks like its going to be a good show. Think I am going to have to go out and get the books, as I haven't read them yet.

watched it, not a fan yet.. has potential.. seems to have a big budget too..

Never heard of it before, but I'm always looking for new shows, so I just added it to Sickbeard.

According to Wikipedia it has been renewed for a second season after only the premiere. :o

Highly recommend anyone picking up the books - seeing the show after reading the book is a surreal experience

Looks good.

Big fan of LOTR, so will get onto this.

^ RR Martin has been described as the modern Tolkien so you're on to a winner

Cheers, downloading the first three eps now.

Yeh downloaded them all but haven't watched them yet. Will get around to it eventually but NCIS takes precedence over this. True Blood also comes back very soon so will be watching that as I have read the entire series of books and want to see how it plays out on screen. So far they have gone off on a tangent in season 3 so hopefully they can bring it back to the books in season 4.

just watched the first 2 episodes, its been really good so far will definatly keep watching

its HBO must be decent, watched first 3 eps, not bad im usually not a fan of medieval etc but this looks like it has potential.

still waiting to see some epic fight scenes!

Ep 4 down, how epic is the scenery. The attention to detail in the costumes is staggering. What a budget...!

I'm really hoping they start the next ep with an extension of the scene of the jousting contest.... :( The Hound....!

Anyway... i'm thinking of ordering my own Damascus Longclaw - sword of Jon Snow :ohttp://www.valyriansteel.com/ !!! But i dont think i'm that CORE yet.

Anyone watching Camelot too? Eva Green is so f**ken hot in it.

it's a pretty awesome series, but there is such a huge ammount of story to get through and all the characters backstories, it makes it very engrossing but it's not hugely entertaining since it's lacking action. It really is a drama show which is weird for a fantasy.

WTF is with that gay scene??? That is not in the book and it is royally gay and drawn out. We were just talking about why they would have that gay scene and cant figure out any benefits to it. Iether is the conversation between cersei and robert. I understand they need to modify it a bit, but why introduce new content and big scenes like these?

Anyone else think the sword fighting is looking over rehearsed and heavy handed (slow) too?

Yeh starks fight with that lanister dude was shithouse, they were slow as fk. The other fight sequences were alright though.

WTF is with that gay scene??? That is not in the book and it is royally gay and drawn out. We were just talking about why they would have that gay scene and cant figure out any benefits to it. Iether is the conversation between cersei and robert. I understand they need to modify it a bit, but why introduce new content and big scenes like these?

Anyone else think the sword fighting is looking over rehearsed and heavy handed (slow) too?

They aren't ninja :lol:

Rehearsed yes but slow is probably part of the brief; medieval swords/alike would have weighed a ton!

new ep was good! i want to see some dragons burning shit up!

still not into it :(

Me either. I keep watching (and will probably continue to) though it just doesn't really grab me.

I think I'm 2 episodes behind (I have them, just haven't watched them yet).

For me it's a once a week show, anymore and it's too much.

It does kind of seem to be getting better but i mean 6 episodes in and its still pretty slow, bit more action would be good.

^Hehe the book would infuriate you

There is very little action/'magic' going on - progresses eventually but it probably falls into more of a drama category than action.

^Hehe the book would infuriate you

There is very little action/'magic' going on - progresses eventually but it probably falls into more of a drama category than action.

I like where it is going, ive never read the books and didnt really know it was a drama so it kinda threw off my expectations.