Sign in to follow this  
RAGER

what do we think of the new FJ Cruzer?

These were in Lebanon when I was there in 2009 they look cool but when you see them up close I thought it looked a bit small especially compared to some of the other 4wds going around.

Edited by saadn

got to hop in one and go for a drive when a rep dropped one off at work for a look. Surprisingly roomy inside and they go pretty well with a V6 under the hood. It sits on a 120 series prado chassis so its fairly capable offroad even with independent front suspension and because its a Prado chassis a 1KD diesel should slot in very easily.

It kind of looks like Toyota tried to make their own take on a Hummer.

Saw 2 around Adelaide now (Blue and an off Yellow one) and don't like how they look at all.

They just look too soft

The front end and those big ass indicators kills it, all too rounded

Stock = average.

Modified = tough.

5335196292_13423b5f74.jpg

preparacion-toyota-fj-cruiser.jpg

puke.gif i think they are terrible

+1

I think they look like a beetle on roids. its something barbie would drive around in. just looks stupid

i have no idea how it would perform offroad though.. could be good.. but seriously.. whoever designed that must be a retardredededed

yeah not too flash looking stock, however, modified :quagmire:

fjcruiserlift.jpg

Looks like it has a solid diff conv?

yeah not too flash looking stock, however, modified :quagmire:

fjcruiserlift.jpg

Looks like it has a solid diff conv?

now that i look again, yes it does. solid axle swap wouldn't be hard. like i said, they are a prado chassis. That means things like the solid axle hilux kit that a company produces using 80 series gear is only 6k as a kit, and would bolt right on :)

seen a few of these recently, when they are stock.... bit fugly really....

If I was going to get a new toyota 4x4 it would be a 70 series, these FJ's are ugly as f**k even modded

They are pretty big in person. Seen a few driving around. They look abit to city orientated. Not ready to get muddy or bush.

They look like a jeep from the front and a hummer from the back. Garbage!! 

Saw one today driving up goodwood road, they're actually quite a lot larger than i thought, has the presence of a hummer =/

If I was going to get a new toyota 4x4 it would be a 70 series, these FJ's are ugly as f**k even modded

If those 70 series came with coils all round in the ute, I'd be selling my maverick for one. They are the bees knees of cars. Fcken lv them. Taken 2 to loveday now

Only thing is the exhaust laps over he gearbox so it's harder to make it 3" unless u change were it goes

im a huge fan (for some un-known reason) will look at trading in my titanium d40 nav hopefully in the next few weeks.... :beer:

Hummer wannabe, looks cheap as too.

If those 70 series came with coils all round in the ute, I'd be selling my maverick for one. They are the bees knees of cars. Fcken lv them. Taken 2 to loveday now

coils in the back of a ute are no good as they reduce the load capacity, the 70 series are comercial vehicals even though the 79 troopie has rear passenger doors now.

I realize that but some of the patrols came out with coils :P

My ute is coil, stil carrys more then enough and is a lot friendlier to drive on the road then any of my previous utes. Plus a set of airbags will fix any ride height issues when loaded

Exactly. Like I said if Toyota bought the 70 series out with coils all round I'd heavily consider buying one now

im a huge fan (for some un-known reason) will look at trading in my titanium d40 nav hopefully in the next few weeks.... :beer:

yeah i like them too, just dont have the cash hahahahaha

Only thing is the exhaust laps over he gearbox so it's harder to make it 3" unless u change were it goes

thats the only fault you can find with these cars?

prado chassis and diffs (weak as piss)

no deisel

no manual

f**k off back to faggot land if you buy one