Sign in to follow this  
bluereality5

Building Up my S15 to beat RS Turbo Subaru

So the saga continues...

After being publicly challenged to a race by Marty in his Subaru RS I'm happy to say I destroyed him and as per the rules he had to sell his car.

But then he bought another one (EXACTLY THE SAME), and got a whole bunch of guys from the Subaru Forums to help him build up his car. They did an engine swap, bigger turbo etc and challenged me again, this time on the track so it was time for some mods of my own.

Certainly that stuff I've done is mild compared to heaps of the cars here on NS.com but has made a huge difference, was lots of fun and a good start.

Got more going in now and some more bits on their way over from Japan which I'll do next time

For now though, here is my JDM S15 build up, which I'm confident will destroy Martys RS around the track… even though the guys on the Subaru RS Forums seem to think otherwise…

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-bcPNJzwtA&hd=1

Awesome, loved it!! Had heaps of laughs watching this lol!

Looking forward to the RS ass kicking!!

Marty has got 4wd on his side, But it all depends on who is a better driver imho.

Good luck moog.

very nice! entertaining and very informative at the same time

wow - so much hate from the Subaru forums:

"I'm confident his oh-so-superior S15 will shatter its weak as piss 6-speed or dust a rocker arm before mounting any sort of challenge, however I'm planning on jamming a decent gearbox and diff into the wagon. In the spirit of fair play, I think we should delay the bits going into Not-So-Burgundy Ron and put it in your wagon for this race.

I feel safe writing this here, because Moog is, after all, one of those mouth-breathing Datsun owners who still require their mothers to tie their shoe laces for them. Let's face it - anyone who likes that SR20 exhaust note is clearly struggling with their mental deficiency."

Great video but I would like to point out that in Victoria any chassis cutting on a car with an airbag is illegal and can not be engineered. No matter what that product claims. At least from my interpretation of the law.

LOL he's got a point about the SR20 note and 6 speed :P

You already beat him though..

Will watch when I get on the laptop! Sounds promising

out of curiosity. is the race going to be a time attack style (opening lap, flying lap then a closing/pit lap) or a standing start 3 lap race kinda thing?

and id just save some coin for some decent sticky tires..

lol @ subie owners talking about how weak our 6speeds are when their gearboxes are dogshit

yeah, regardless 6 speeds are pretty shit though

Whats a gearbox?

Asked a dude named Rallye, The only answer I got was "Duct-tape".

out of curiosity. is the race going to be a time attack style (opening lap, flying lap then a closing/pit lap) or a standing start 3 lap race kinda thing?

They should take it to the track, best time wins. Whole day to set times.

True time attack style is for professional racers, they also have practice days as well. Bit unfair for enthusiasts with minimal track experience.

Great vid! Rocker arm stoppers? Not that expensive. So no date for the race yet?

Whats a gearbox?

Asked a dude named Rallye, The only answer I got was "Duct-tape".

lol, +10 good call

Depends on the driver though.. you need the stig for this!

Out of curiousity.. wideband sensor is that something useful? What's the difference between running 1bar with or without wideband?

love this shit.

will watch when i get home from work

We don't have a date yet but we will be on the track - still gotta sort out the nuts and bolts.

Got semi-slicks already so that should hold up well against the shitty tyres on the RS but now a bunch of guys on the RS forum are donating more parts for his gran wagon.

Even if the S15 loses by 1 second around the track (which I doubt) it wins the other 365 days of the year, if for nothing else, than by not looking like a rolling brick with the sex appeal of a mollusc

We don't have a date yet but we will be on the track - still gotta sort out the nuts and bolts.

Got semi-slicks already so that should hold up well against the shitty tyres on the RS but now a bunch of guys on the RS forum are donating more parts for his gran wagon.

Even if the S15 loses by 1 second around the track (which I doubt) it wins the other 365 days of the year, if for nothing else, than by not looking like a rolling brick with the sex appeal of a mollusc

if their donating parts... hit some peeps up on here for some proper shit for the day man hahaha

i would have layed down some more rules before going for it haha

Out of curiousity.. wideband sensor is that something useful? What's the difference between running 1bar with or without wideband?

how do you know your running 1 bar safely without a wideband? :)

wide band just confirms the fuel air ratio so you know how safe the tune is.

That Subaru is ghey it's always gonna be a loser

what does the winner get? or loser lose? at the end of the day?