Sign in to follow this  
Jap.SpeC

Toyota Chaser - What power are you making? With what mods?

Looking into getting a chaser, Just trying to gather some info on some of the first mods I should be making,

Obviously the usual, ECU, Injectors, Cooler, Exhaust, Fuel pump are the first mods on the list, But I wont be able to do them all at once..

Soo I thought I ask the question,

What power are you getting out of your Chaser..? And with what mods?

At the moment, Id be happy with 200 - 220rwkw what needs to be done to achieve this? Would I be able to achieve this with just an ECU upgrade?

Cheers guys, any info is much appreciated :)

power fc, 1 bar boost, full exhaust, front mount cooler. done and done

i have a vvti 1j in my s14 and my old setup consisted of:

hypergear high flow turbo

40mm external gate on stock manifold

high flow injectors (700cc)

exhaust and cooler

autronic SM4 computer

280rwkw on 18psi

why a power fc blingy?

why not just a re-map?

without a pfc, would be cheap as f**k to get 200kw!

Dont think any one does a remap in aus for chasers? In mine I have power fc, 2835, Exaust, cooler, fuel pump made 250rwkw on 14psi

Might throw little question related myself in here.

Are they much easier and more reliable to get a responsive 300 out of over an SR?

I'm tossing up whether to drop back to an S14 and build to around 280-300 or go chaser with the same.

don't have to worry about building the engine, beefier gearbox. will cost the same for the bolt ons

Just wanting to get the chaser n maybe get a tune for now..

How much power you think i could make with just a computer? ... Standard injectors,fuel pump, cooler and exhaust?

Ive got the non vvti 1j in my cressida and made 204.6kw with the std cat... Got exhaust with std dumps, cooler, 040 ,emanage blue running 17psi with a boost tee. think itd be a similar story with the single turbo 1js?

exactly. who does a re-map for them??

Nobody does it in Aus, not sure if it's possible at all. You'll easily get up to 200rwkw with just intake and exhaust mods and 14psi, a power FC or emanage ultimate tuned will get you the sort of power you're after.

I've got 271rwkw with the basics plus GCG highflow, 525cc injectors, EMU and 20psi (turbo is already out of puff at this level)

I maxed out my completely standard fuel system at 243kW with a highflow turbo and a powerfc.

Mates car has the standard turbo with an emanage and has 233kW, 20psi midrange tapering to about 14psi up top.

Both of our cars have a profec b, 3.5" dump with 3" for the rest, fmic and intakes.

Many Toyota ECUs including the 1JZ's cannot be remapped. Look at getting Power FC, Greddy E-Manage, HKS F-Con etc.

was a rhetorical question... but it looks like high 200s are the limit of the manifold and exhaust housing no matter what high flow you go

Stock non vvti 1jz in my z20. Twin intake set up, trust front mount, Kakimoto Y-pipe back exhaust with high flow cat (stock dump), blitz access ROM, eboost2@15psi. I'm making 232rwkw and its still quite fat on the fuel side.

I managed 202rwkw with only Turbo-back exhaust & Air pod, running around 10psi so that power level is easily achievable with very little mods.

P9260005.jpg

1JZ non vvti in JZX90

253kw at 13 pounds

china spec T70

Ext gate

Helps manifold

2JZ injectors

600hp pump

straight through 3" exhaust

FMIC

Full zorst, fmic, gcg highflow and safc did 245 kw in a auto on stock ecu,fuel pump, injectors. Put power fc in and did f**k all. Manifold and rear housing won't flow any more

Full zorst, fmic, gcg highflow and safc did 245 kw in a auto on stock ecu,fuel pump, injectors. Put power fc in and did f**k all. Manifold and rear housing won't flow any more

errr. they have run out of puff dude, as well as the standard AFM if you still have that

Well my mate owns it now there was a build thread for it. I think it was "kintama jzx100" or something. Jrs31 or jrsA31 had it anyway it made just over 300rwkw with STD airflow meter.

Yer injectors are maxed out that's for sure. Trying to find the right size ID1000 that will fit so I can go E85

You can get 300 out of the stock AFM. Most keep it so you retain the air temp sensor

I know a guy that made 300kW at the wheels with the standard AFM as well, my injectors were maxed at 240kW though according to the PFC hand controller.

1997 JZX100 - 170rwkw @ 10psi running a Power FC and HKS Legal exhaust

2 friends of mine both tuned this week.

One is gtx3076, fc, standard AFM, injectors etc. Made 255rwkw.

The other with blingcommanders old turbo setup mate a very safe 262rwkw.

Edited by Red_Gem