Sign in to follow this  
RAGER

engine transplants (adelaide only)

hey everyone

just wondering if anyone knows a mechanic that has some experience with 4x4 engine transplants, i am wanting to put a holden v6 in a mq/gq patrol

Adelaide only please !!!!

please help

:)

Im the same but want to put it in a toyota 4runner with ifs so if anyone can help that would be great

Umm what? Why on earth would you want to do that?! The TB42 engines are reliable, has more torque and would probably be better on fuel... Just seems to be pointless to me..

Mq has a l32? And the one I'm looking at is rooted so just seeing what options are available, I thought it was a good alternative as I have seen many of these done :/

mate if your gonna go the v6... just go all the way and get a commo v8....

Lucas has the right idea. My scenario was best case out of the petrol engines in comparison the the commo engine.. I can just see headaches and a budget blowout... If they've been done many times before just buy one of those.. you've save a heap of coin and at least you'll get an idea on what they're like. I can see why people do the v6 commo conversion with other cars... just can't see why you would do it with this..

Yeah your right, decided against it, who wants to buy a car that needs a new engine, not worth the headache.

Anyway, decided to keep saving so I can get a hilux :D

Yeah I know, I wanted to buy your shorty but you don't answer my calls or reply texts