Sign in to follow this  
SR S13

Mk triton reviews/opinions

Hey guys only starting to get into this 4x4 stuff and looking to buy one sometime over the next couple of months. I wont be going serious 4x4ing just small stuff, its mainly for towing my bike places, im looking at spending 15,000 and have been looking at tritons just wondering if anyone has owned or driven them and thier opinions,

Im looking at dual cab gls 3.0 petrol or 2.8td. Even if you have any other suggestions for about the 15k mark would be good cheers!

Check if this ad is legit http://adelaide.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-van-ute-GU-2000-NISSAN-PATROL-DX-TRAY-BACK-W0QQAdIdZ294726705 seems pretty darn cheap for a GU.. but it wouldn't hurt checking.

yeah i seen that the other night and thought it was pretty good/cheap but im really after a duel cab but cheers for the heads up, what model pajero do you have?

I've got a NJ 3L petty. It's pretty hard to compare to the triton if that's where you're leading.

Nah im wondering about the 3lt, fuel usage, reliability etc.

fuel economy would be roughly 13-15L/100kms. Reliability wise you don't want to get a petrol one thats over 300,000 or near it. I've heard of some passing 400,000 without a rebuild but yeah.. only a few cases. But yeah as I said earlier it's pretty hard to compare the Pajero engine to the Triton engine they do vary a bit. Should check out here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10 pretty good forum and yeah I'm sure triton owners will be able to answer your questions a little better.

Mate that came out today with a MK Triton, has the 3.0ltr V6 in it, went really well. Goes pretty hard, just has 2" lift and 32" muddies, just floats over everything.

fuel economy would be roughly 13-15L/100kms. Reliability wise you don't want to get a petrol one thats over 300,000 or near it. I've heard of some passing 400,000 without a rebuild but yeah.. only a few cases. But yeah as I said earlier it's pretty hard to compare the Pajero engine to the Triton engine they do vary a bit. Should check out here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10 pretty good forum and yeah I'm sure triton owners will be able to answer your questions a little better.

Cheers for the website, i have done a bit of research and they have better fuel consumption than my cressida.

Mate that came out today with a MK Triton, has the 3.0ltr V6 in it, went really well. Goes pretty hard, just has 2" lift and 32" muddies, just floats over everything.

well that sounds promising, wouldnt mind putting muddies on it and body lift

A mate has a single cab 2.8td. Goes very well, no lift just a decent set of muddies.

Interior arn't bad, easy to get clean but the seats are pretty hard in them.

Imo i would go the 2.8td over the v6

A mate has a single cab 2.8td. Goes very well, no lift just a decent set of muddies.

Interior arn't bad, easy to get clean but the seats are pretty hard in them.

Imo i would go the 2.8td over the v6

i have heard about people wanting to change seats in them, so the td didnt seem to sluggish, obviously there not the quickest thing around and arent going to push you back in your seat, but for overtaking purposes on the free way and so forth

cheers for your input to.