Sign in to follow this  
jonesl

Kinugawa turbo's (kando) comparison.

If its ported then you have given it its best chance. As far as I know there has been no "fix" without going to ex gate. Wait and see how it goes

With the recorded boost creep issues people have had with the TD06 int gate. Was this able to be rectified properly or did we all come to the conclusion that its something we cant fix?

I have installed mine and i ported the gate a little. My car is still not tuned for the new turbo yet but have already noticed that it boosts above the 14psi actuator i have?

Will a tune be able to sort this out properly or not? I have an AVCr but have just turned it off until i get it tuned, so it is just running off the actuator pressure spring.

Mine stick to 14.5psi, I did port it out to 32mm so the flap only has 2mm to sit on all round, I also smoothed out the entry into the wastegate

Before I ported the wastegate hole my TD06 would run unlimited boost as in over 25 psi, once I ported my wastegate hole and then drove the car, I think I adjusted the preload on the actuator aswell, the max boost it would run off the actuator was a steady16 psi, my car is still untune like yours...I have a 12 psi actuator,

try adjusting your actuator rod so spring pressure is less, you will loose some response but power will be more linear...

Realise that a 14psi actuator will hold double the amount of boost its rated at, usually 14psi actuator will hold 28 psi..

What is the max boost it will make if you keep your right foot in it?? Does it hold or feel like it will keep going sky high??

I don't know what its max boost is as it isn't tuned so I'm not going to risk it. It builds boost bloody fast though. I'm getting about 1.2 bar at about 4k or just over, but that is when I take my foot off the pedal. It may stop there or it may keep going I'm just not sure. I guess I'll just have to wait and see when Trent tunes it.

TD06SL2-20G 10cm. powerfc, 265 12mm pro cams. 550cc inject. although i want to put 850 in. hop[ping for 250+kw. but not with the 550 i dont think. :/

Yeah 550s are gonna let you down. They will probably do 250 on 98 but that turbo/cam setup will really wanna go a fair bit further.

With the injectors and ecu's being made today i dunno why people bother with 500cc injectors

2000cc injectors on 98 octane are so tuner friendly these days

With the injectors and ecu's being made today i dunno why people bother with 500cc injectors

2000cc injectors on 98 octane are so tuner friendly these days

Exactly.. And Bosch EV14s are so cheap as well. Rail and 2000's for $800.

Stilvia......not on topic but your sig really mate me laugh!! Story of my life.

Every new part i get is either dirt cheap or i swapped it for one of my existing parts!!

Mine is the opposite.. We have a joint account.

I resolve by telling her the stuff was worth a great deal more than what I paid for it. So I just couldnt pass up the deal!

She will have the opposite problem, trying to sell something for 4x what its worth. LOL

give the 550's a little more pressure and as long as you have a decent pump it will be ok.. just wont go too much more than 250.. 550's at stock pressure will hanle 230 - 240 ish.. comfortably.,,

making 240 now but i thinkg there at 80% duty cycle.. i think. so wont get much more out of them. wanted to go 1000cc but cant find a decent side fed injector. has anyone used the 5ive-0 injectors im seeing on ebay atm? look to be ok..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-1200cc-JECS-Fuel-Injectors-Nissan-SR20DET-180SX-240SX-KA24DE-Matched-SET-/270991700680?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item3f185d32c8&_uhb=1#ht_1550wt_919

I'm using xspurt 1000cc from injectors online.com with no complaints.

Edit- ah side feed my bad.

Edited by INMATE

I'm going the 1000cc deutsch-works ones. Heard good things. Donny sells them and says they get good results with them, so I'll trust his opinion.

^ why not the JECS 1200cc side feds? Last time I asked Deustchworks about there injectors they said single nozzle, so prob not as good idle.

Plus 1200cc JECS are cheap :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-1200cc-JECS-Fuel-Injectors-Nissan-SR20DET-180SX-240SX-KA24DE-Matched-SET-/270991700680?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item3f185d32c8&vxp=mtr

The Jecs ones are highflowed, whereas the Deutschwerks ones are not......I'm pretty sure anyway.

Edited by greens14

The Jecs ones are highflowed, whereas the Deutschwerks ones are not......I'm pretty sure anyway.

Jecs and Deutschwerks are both high flowed injectors. The cool thing about them is they flow match each injector and give you a flow report and match the injectors equally before putting them in sets. The biggest non high flowed side feed injector for the SR you can get is Sard 850cc. But most people steer clear from them because of their crappy spray pattern. So the next best is Nismo 740cc which is what I decided to go with. I noticed there is a cheap set for on ebay right now for $400 in Greenvale if ur interested. I actually would of bought these if I hadn't of bought new ones already.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nismo-740cc-Injectors-for-SR20-Includes-fuel-rail-and-fuel-pressure-regulator-/130807976088?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e74c35098

Yep both are just a small cc JECS injectors high flowed to 1000cc or 1200cc. I'd give them a miss and go top feed Bosch 1000cc or 2000cc if needed.

Aeroflow billet top feed rail kits for S13 are less than $200 delivered and top feed bosch injectors are also cheap.

I still think they will do you.. you can also get them flowed.. or get some s15's on the cheap and get them done.. normally they go to ~650cc as long as they are done by someone that knows what they are doing and checks the patterns and flows your in the clear..

you just have to think if you will be happy in the 250kw region.. cause If your not then it could be a waste of money.. both ways..

Anyone got an info/data on the 6cm housing you can now get for the td06l220g? Slightly more response would be awesome.

probably be to restrictive in the top end though surely to look at a 8cm pretty small already

Anyone got an info/data on the 6cm housing you can now get for the td06l220g? Slightly more response would be awesome.

What's your response like now? 8cm?

It's not too bad. Can always be better. My car dusnt need 300kw. A more responsive 260 would be sweet.

TD05 then?

Surely it would end up a little mismatched with a 6cm

Interested to see some results/a graph.

Just another option if it works well