Sign in to follow this  
jonesl

Kinugawa turbo's (kando) comparison.

I may look into cams also.

I was told it has 264 hks cams in it but the cams have no markings on them and look standard to me.

Any way of telling what cams are in it?

Hks cams have "HKS" and the duration stamped into them. I don't know if that goes for all the cams they have ever produced though. My JUN cams have no markings at all.

Is the rpm scaling right on that graph? Or are you really reving it to 8400rpm?

Yeah that's why I don't know what cams are in it, I knew hks have it stamped in them.

Yeah it pulls hard to 8000rpm and limiter is 8200-8400. Hard to tell I haven't touched it when it gets grip but when it hits it it's always because of no traction.

I'll chuck my gopro in it to show you guys if you want?

You are getting full boost 16psi at about 4700rpm?

Does it feel laggy?

You are getting full boost 16psi at about 4700rpm?

Does it feel laggy?

Yeah it does feel laggy which is one thing I will look into.

It actually feels a lot laggier with this tune than the last.

So I'll speak to the tuner and see.

It's still not massively bad but yeah could be a lot better.

If your peaking power at 7500 why would your tuner take it to almost 8500?

Peak drops at 7700-7800 and it goes to 8300rpm.

Pretty standard to hold it for another 400-500rpm after it starts dropping if you ask me.

I don't know if this will work.

Nah he didn't but said he couldn't go any more boost as injectors were close to max duty.

250rwkw from 550cc? Happy dyno? I have 220rwkw and my nismo 555cc are at 100% duty. Not doubting the result but if you look at the turbo reference page (excel spread page) everyone with 550cc maxes out at about 220-240.

Edited by s15rocket

Depends on your AFR some people run richer than others and Max out injectors earlier, and other factors

I don't know if this will work.

Nah he didn't but said he couldn't go any more boost as injectors were close to max duty.

250rwkw from 550cc? Happy dyno? I have 220rwkw and my nismo 555cc are at 100% duty. Not doubting the result but if you look at the turbo reference page (excel spread page) everyone with 550cc maxes out at about 220-240.

550cc will max out at 250kw on 98 octane If the car has upgraded cam shafts

With out upgrade cam shafts they normally max out at 230kw

Also some tuners will tune richer then others

i think mine were a 85%~ duty cycle and i made 240kw. i will be getting 1200 top fed. what disadvantages are there for running high duty cycle? can i stuff your injector or cause to run lean?

Also as mentioned fuel pressure I'm guessing you are running a standard fuel pressure regulator?

I'm starting to think of ways to make it less laggier.

It doesn't feel massively bad when you actually drive it but it is noticeably worse than before.

But it felt like this just before the tune so maybe wastegate is slightly stuck open or I have a boost leak somewhere.

I'll sus it out.

Also as mentioned fuel pressure I'm guessing you are running a standard fuel pressure regulator?

I'm starting to think of ways to make it less laggier.

It doesn't feel massively bad when you actually drive it but it is noticeably worse than before.

But it felt like this just before the tune so maybe wastegate is slightly stuck open or I have a boost leak somewhere.

I'll sus it out.

i think mine were a 85%~ duty cycle and i made 240kw. i will be getting 1200 top fed. what disadvantages are there for running high duty cycle? can i stuff your injector or cause to run lean?

u wont stuff the injector u might just run lean which can cause damage i your switching to top feed your better of just going straight to 2000cc injectors

u wont stuff the injector u might just run lean which can cause damage i your switching to top feed your better of just going straight to 2000cc injectors

ok. i have heard running a smaller duty cycle % is better anyway. plus will eventually go e85 so the 2000 will prob be a better option in the long run. cheers

So enough about injectors! Lol, who has modified the internal gate? Who did you use and what did they do?

I'm trying my hardest to avoid top mount or ex gate as I may want to sell the sr20 off soon and would like to keep it easy for someone to just drop in to another S13.

Mine is all off the internal gate mate.

I modified it myself it's quite easy and I can do it for you if you want.

I just bought a carbide bit for my die grinder and got it as big as I thought was safe then blended it in to make it look to me like it flowed ok.

Well was going to finish the install of my tdo6sl2-20g but had a HUGE change of mind. I'm really over working on my car seeing as I never drive and will most likely still won't drive it when it's finished.

So I've stripped all the turbo kit and top feed injector kit off to sell and return the car to a more stockish set up and sell it. So I'll have the turbo kit, including Kelway top mount manifold, Kelway front/dump pipe, tial wastegate and all hose and lines with silicone heat shield and turbo intak and outlet pipies. Also the tops feed billet rail kit, Bosch 1000cc injectors and turbosmart FPR for sale very soon, along with HKS step 2 262 cams and HKS cam gears and more. All parts are brand new and some bolted to the car but obviously never started. More info to follow for those interested in buying parts.

I have time, just lost interest in the car. I've had it for about 8-9 yrs. it's not my daily driver as we have 2 other cars. In the last 2.5yrs its done less than 1000km.

Been wanting to make the move back to a VF Valiant 2 door hardtop as still regret the day I sold the clean one I had years ago.

anyone fitted a td05 18g kando core to a legit t518z pretty sure I mine just went bang

so this \/\/\/\/\/

final run made 355hp at the rears but only got the pics from this run. t0d6 20g 10cm. didnt end up getting the injectors but tuner said the 550's had more in them and the tune was still fairly rich. think he said didnt get it over 85%dc. overall im fairly happy with the result... for now :teehee:

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Edited by ffracer

anyone fitted a td05 18g kando core to a legit t518z pretty sure I mine just went bang

Nigel did, member on here that drifts, t518z replaced with kando core made exact same power, identical. Still boosting I think

They have a specific core for the t518z it oil cooled only

They have a specific core for the t518z it oil cooled only

Nigel did, member on here that drifts, t518z replaced with kando core made exact same power, identical. Still boosting I think

That was a TD06 fitted with a kawabunga TD06 core

hmm research seems to say there's 0.1 and 0.2mm difference in the wheels quoted by kando compared to trust

hopefully just a measuring error by kando

I really wanna see one of these turbos push into the big boost numbers to see how they perform

If they do well in the 40psi range and hold their shit together they could be a really big player on the budget turbo market ( depending on response )

Which one of their turbos is rated in the same size as a gt35 or a 6262

If any one has a turbo in this size that wouldn't mind me borrowing it to test out send me a pm

If I blow it up I'm not wearing it