Sign in to follow this  
saadn

things that annoy you

Sure, if something has been overpriced based on the market value or condition, then it's entirely appropriate to bargain it down to something realistic. Should the seller refuse to budge, then as I see it, they just aren't that interested in selling. Walked away from many a sale for that reason.

I don't generally waste my time dealing with tools like Mike Scotto, who want the world for a crapped-out piece of junk, and I generally avoid dealing with Indians for the same reason. I don't have all day to argue with idiots over their stupid pricing or absurd offers.

Edited by pmod

people who cant barter or dont set there price allowing to barter

That's all well and good, but some people prefer to end up with LESS stuff than what they started with.

Hence NO SWAPS, etc.

I think he misunderstands the term 'barter' and really means 'bargain'. If not, then I completely agree that it's entirely ridiculous to expect any seller to want to trade your crap for theirs. I never sell items with bartering as an option, as in most cases, I don't want the junk they have to trade and they overvalue its worth. Not to mention, if you're selling a car and end up swapping it for something else to sell, you then lose money on the transfer of ownership with the RTA.

As for bargaining, well I tend to set prices that represent good value for a quick sale, so there's no option for people to offer less. As I see it, if I sell something cheapish for say $30 less than the comparable competition, and some dick thinks that they can lowball me whilst knowing it's already good value, then he can get f**ked. I'll just sell it to the next guy that calls me instead.

How is that even an issue, let alone something that annoys you? Do you try to haggle price at the supermarket too? I highly doubt it.

The reality is that if a seller lists something you want at a reasonable price, and you're interested but don't have enough money, then that means you just can't afford it. Earn some more money and try again; they owe you nothing.

I have a whole load of shit roughly for 1/3 of what they go for on SAU, advertised on facebook. I've had this one chick message me three times over a fortnight asking for prices, and then not replying. Last night she asked me what's the lowest I'd go. I told her I'd sell them for the prices I have advertised, and linked her to SAU if she felt like paying more. Cue criticism of my sales technique...

Not to mention the amount of people that wanted me to put aside windows and subframes and hold onto them for a month. Like f**k. I'm not a wrecker, I don't have space for this shit - and I'm asking for a LOT LESS than a f**king wrecker. Speaking of wreckers - I had one *milkshake* line up half the f**king skyline, then f**king ask me when I'm coming to Sydney next. The f**k. Shit *milkshake* f**k.

I had a guy telling me for a week he's really interested in my VS XX with various conversations on details of them etc etc

Then he asked me where exactly in located and I said Hornsby NSW, he replied with 'oh I'm from Northern Queensland, that's way too far'

Da f**k I had the location on my ad the whole time

That's all well and good, but some people prefer to end up with LESS stuff than what they started with.

Hence NO SWAPS, etc.

I think he misunderstands the term 'barter' and really means 'bargain'. If not, then I completely agree that it's entirely ridiculous to expect any seller to want to trade your crap for theirs. I never sell items with bartering as an option, as in most cases, I don't want the junk they have to trade and they overvalue its worth. Not to mention, if you're selling a car and end up swapping it for something else to sell, you then lose money on the transfer of ownership with the RTA.

As for bargaining, well I tend to set prices that represent good value for a quick sale, so there's no option for people to offer less. As I see it, if I sell something cheapish for say $30 less than the comparable competition, and some dick thinks that they can lowball me whilst knowing it's already good value, then he can get f**ked. I'll just sell it to the next guy that calls me instead.

How is that even an issue, let alone something that annoys you? Do you try to haggle price at the supermarket too? I highly doubt it.

The reality is that if a seller lists something you want at a reasonable price, and you're interested but don't have enough money, then that means you just can't afford it. Earn some more money and try again; they owe you nothing.

Don't worry.

He'll be the first guy to get shit-canned from the forums for lowballing in the new (old, old?) classifieds.

Haha yeah, had one guy whinge about not wanting to drive an hour down the Hume HWY to pick up some free wheels.

Then I read that he drove 2 hours across Sydney for a set that he paid for :doh:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

wtf?? ^

google is watching us

#illuminati

Do you mean bartering, as in, I'll trade you some pottery and some sharp rocks for those there wheels, or do you mean bargaining, as in, you want 500 for those wheels, but 500 is fair for mint wheels, and these aint mint?

The barter system went out of fashion when widespread coinage was available. It's only come back since houso's found gumtree.

ok i see it i meant bargaining i have never tried to trade random stuff nothing more annoying

-AFL

-Facebook

-soccer

-Facebook

-rugby (and the fact they call it footy)

-Facebook

-Adelaide drivers

-Facebook

-government spending money in cities and not regional centres

-Facebook

-living 700 kms from a track

-Facebook

-horses

-Facebook

-horse people

-Facebook

-commodore drivers

-Facebook

-injures

Edited by country drift
  • Upvote 1

i dont know why it bugs me so damn much, but when people explain where they purchase their products from, write i bRought this, instead of bought.

where did you bring it from?

• Upvote 1

This was shown to me recently and because I'm not on Facebook i didn't realise our youth got this bad.

I'm gonna recreate a typical profile pic post from most females between the ages if 16 and whatever.

*profile pic*

Description: I'm so fat

Comment 1: no you're not, i wish i had your body

Op: look who is talking. But thx hun

Comment 2: shut up you're gorgeous

Op: no you are

This goes on for some time, for many pics.

Are all teenage girls that narcissistic and stupid.

Facebook: shit invention designed for self gratification and flat out shit talking

• Upvote 3

I just like seeing a chesty girls' profile pic, and all her female friends are commenting TIIIIIIIIITS, or OMG WISH I HAD UR TITS LOL. Makes me feel near sensible.

• Upvote 2

Cyclists in the hills.

It is worst ten the rodent problem of '72

• Upvote 1

Cyclists in general.

I just dropped my car off for a wheel alignment, on the way a mature middle aged cyclists was just stopped in the middle of the road and yelled abuse at me as I drove (40kmph) around him.

he wasn't stuck, or in trouble or hadn't just been hit by a bus, but felt it necessary to abuse me for not stopping and going around him at 40.

I've had many run ins with cyclists and usually I'd abuse them back / run them over but today I was barley awake and just wasn't worth it. :/

This was shown to me recently and because I'm not on Facebook i didn't realise our youth got this bad. I'm gonna recreate a typical profile pic post from most females between the ages if 16 and whatever. *profile pic* Description: I'm so fat Comment 1: no you're not, i wish i had your body Op: look who is talking. But thx hun Comment 2: shut up you're gorgeous Op: no you are This goes on for some time, for many pics. Are all teenage girls that narcissistic and stupid. Facebook: shit invention designed for self gratification and flat out shit talking

i have facebook but i couldnt agree more dude.

dumb sluts will be dumb sluts.....

Cyclists in the hills. It is worst ten the rodent problem of '72

how bad is it around tour down under time... farout they're the biggest PITA

i dont know why it bugs me so damn much, but when people explain where they purchase their products from, write i bRought this, instead of bought.

where did you bring it from?

Yes! Now that I've noticed it, I can't 'unnotice it'. I'm surprised how often it slips through on TV shows.

shudder.jpg

Here's another. people buying imports/performance cars and then winging about fuel economy.

there's also generally arrogant people that know everything about everything. shit me the most.

I just like seeing a chesty girls' profile pic, and all her female friends are commenting TIIIIIIIIITS, or OMG WISH I HAD UR TITS LOL. Makes me feel near sensible.

Oh man, that would be such a good string of comments to post on the Facebook page of a really, really fat guy. Sadly, none of the people I know are big enough for it to work :(

Cyclists in general.

I just dropped my car off for a wheel alignment, on the way a mature middle aged cyclists was just stopped in the middle of the road and yelled abuse at me as I drove (40kmph) around him.

he wasn't stuck, or in trouble or hadn't just been hit by a bus, but felt it necessary to abuse me for not stopping and going around him at 40.

I've had many run ins with cyclists and usually I'd abuse them back / run them over but today I was barley awake and just wasn't worth it. :/

F**king cockroaches at the best of times. Makes me want to share my most amusing cyclist story...

On one occasion, I had some prick charge though a roundabout I was on without slowing down or giving way to me (I entered long before him and was on his right), I had to brake to avoid hitting him and as I followed the curve and passed alongside him, I casually said "the road rules apply to you too buddy". The guy then shouted a whole bunch of profanities at me, I just said "whatever man" and continued on my merry way. Cyclist followed me, and when I turned off onto a suburban side street and got stuck in traffic a lot further down the road (only one car could pass at a time due to a bottleneck), he came right up to my window on his bike and started hurling abuse and shouting accusations at me.

I responded fairly calmly, since it seemed clear to me that he didn't actually want a fight, and was just a 40yo middle-eastern f**khead that figured that he could get away mouthing-off since he was in decent shape. The idiot got louder and louder every time I responded to his bullshit, trying to shout over the top of me, to the point that he was literally screaming at me and sprayed my two-thirds-exposed window with foaming spittle. At that point, residents from the houses nearby had come out to see wtf was going on.

After accusing me of not giving way to him (incorrect), trying to kill him (wtf), claiming I'll get bashed by a cyclist one day with my attitude (hilarious) and saying that my Honda was a piece of shit (I agreed with him lol), he finally told me to f**k off back to America with my dumb f**king American accent (I'm not American). He then rode away and I hopped out to explain to the residents what was going on, and later got ribbed by my friends for not knocking him over by kicking my door, then kicking his ass. Yeah, so I dent my door and then get charged with Assault if I win, or get injured and can't train if I screw up and lose. Reaaaal smart people <_>

Edited by pmod
  • Upvote 1

I get sick of shit *milkshake* cyclists giving good ones a bad name running red lights jumping in front of cars etc I never do any of these things if I have to wait a minute for a light or road works thats fine, its an argument that has to be seen and understood from both sides, both sides arent going anywhere so they need to co exist, I understand theres roads that people shouldn't ride two abrest on let alone 3 plus so I don't do it and I try to disencourage it when I see it, but on the same token its not a nice feeling when you see people threatening to kill cyclists I know most of them arent serious but you might get one nut case who thinks he should do it, I have enough trouble keeping an eye out for people not paying attention whilst driving ive already been hit by a woman not looking

So you're part of the problem.

Across the road from my house is a 15km bike track. Cyclists refuse to use it because they hate walkers/joggers/whatever getting in their way and slowing them down. So the *milkshakes* ride on the road, NEXT to the bike track.

Not to mention the cyclists that ride past my house at 5am having a conversion at the top of their lungs...

• Upvote 1

The thing is Chris_c30, in Sydney the bad cyclists outnumber the considerate and law-abiding ones by a massive amount. I see cyclists run red lights on the Pacific Highway intersection near North Sydney station on a daily basis. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to dodge them (they don't stop, and most swear at you when you say "what the hell man?") whilst I've been legally crossing that road, and I've seen so many other pedestrians nearly hit it's not funny.

On the M4 in Western Sydney, they will ride on the white line despite having an entire lane's-worth of hard-shoulder, forcing cars to merge to the middle lane to avoid them, and when I head to the gym in Olympic Park, they will ride 5 abreast in the inside lane, completely blocking it, when there's actually a dedicated bike lane for them that's fairly spacious.

I rode bikes everywhere when I was a kid, so I know the deal, but I for one am just sick of their attitude. They pay nothing to be on the road, completely screw the flow of traffic up, and are rude as f**k. Every time I see one running a red, I have my fingers crossed that a cop will book them, or a car will collect them, but it hasn't happened yet. Do they deserve to be killed? Certainly not. But given what they do and how they do it, they can expect that misfortune will eventually catch up to them, and I for one won't shed a tear at their funeral as insensitive as that may be.

Edited by pmod
  • Upvote 2

Best is the m7 where they spent hundreds of thousands creating a 2 lane bike road running along side the road yet separate. Yet still ride on the highway

• Upvote 2

We need to start doing what the Irish do. I went for a trip to Ireland and stayed a few days in Dublin and noticed on most corners there is a pile of smashed up bikes. I couldn't work it out why so during a tour I asked the tourist guide why there are so many damaged bikes on so many different corners and all he said was "We hate bike riders ridding on our roads so we just run them over" I love the Irish

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Irish people... Gotta love them!

Call a spade a spade (even is it's probably a broom)

Don't like cyclists so i moved to the country... So much more abuse hurled their way here

What shits me off is how cyclists claim the fact that most of them have cars means they already pay rego.

If we were to use this logic then people who own a daily driven car should not have to pay rego on their weekend thrasher, or their motorbike.

Fact is, most of the shitty cyclist behaviour would not happen if they were required to have a number plate or other form of ID visible.

• Upvote 2