Sign in to follow this  
SpotMan

New SA spotlight laws?

regency are a mob of window lickers & wouldn't know if the windows they're currently are licking have already been licked, the only thing the would be 100% on would be what windex tastes like.

speak to an engineer if you want to get the facts.

in saying that i know "someone" that's run roof lights for 6 years & never had a problem, if you using them on the road you just need to dip them WAY early due to the extra height, i tend to do a 3 stage dip, roof lights off, spotties off, then drop back to low beam... which is still pretty gutsy with a headlight loom upgrade & good quality Phillips globes.

yeah same with Atari i know heaps of people that have lights on their roof rack (troopies etc) they have never had problems... Enflamed u might wanna wire them up coz they could get you for the lights not working when all lights should be working (my mate got defected for the light in his ash tray being blown -_____-)

yeah same with Atari i know heaps of people that have lights on their roof rack (troopies etc) they have never had problems... Enflamed u might wanna wire them up coz they could get you for the lights not working when all lights should be working (my mate got defected for the light in his ash tray being blown -_____-)

your mate must have failed the attitude test. :woot:

haha yeah he sure did! there was other shit wrong with the car to they just pinged him for whatever they could, like having only 2 screws in his rear speakers :doh:

(the car was a $500 piece of cr*p)

I have all the gear to do it so there is nothing stopping me. Ill probably keep the covers on most of the time anyway and only use them off road. Maybe on long trips also.

My head lights and spotties arent really that bad anyway. Headlights/looms/globes are upgraded for 100/130w narvas and the spot lights I could probably put a 100w HID kit through and make them even better.

i have sealed beams on my ute so its crap and i dont really see the point upgrade to a conversion kit for $180 altho u can get non approved ones from america for $70....

all my spot lights are broad beams tho.... needa get some pencils :)

a headlight loom upgrade will do wonders, instead of getting 12volts, using a couple of relays, some fuses & some electrical string you can feed them 14v straight off the battery & they'll be a metric truck load brighter...

it might only be 2.4 volts but it will make a massive difference, works out to be something like 500 more lumens out of the same globe

10.5V : 510 lumens

11.0V : 597 lumens

11.5V : 695 lumens

12.0V : 803 lumens- voltage at the light stock

12.5V : 923 lumens

12.8V : 1000 lumens

13.0V : 1054 lumens

13.5V : 1198 lumens

14.0V : 1356 lumens- voltage at the light with a loom upgrade

14.5V : 1528 lumens

might help with the crappy sealed beams ayy?

would that mean that the filament would blow more often as they are 12v or are light rated up to 14ish?

Edited by SpotMan