Sign in to follow this  
DISH-oh

12v Air compressors

Hi all,

My old man is after a decent 12 volt air compressor for his 4WD.

He doesn't do any serious 4WDing, bought it for towing and touring, but equally he doesn't like to buy cheap crap.

Probably aim to spend a few hundred? Not sure if that's enough or not. It won't be mounted in his engine bay if that matters.

Basically I'm looking for any info on what models to go for, best places to buy from, links to any good articles/ other forum's topics etc.

Thanks for any help or info.

I think I paid about $150 for the yellow TJM 72Lpm compressor which is all I need. You could get 72Lpm compressor from ARB for about $400 although I don't see the point spending this much on a compressor.

You can also get them from supercheap for about $99 but i think TJM is better quality than supercheap stuff and they come with 5 year warranty

iv got the arb ckma12 i think it is, retail at around 370 bucks, there worth it though, or if your cashed up go the new twin motor arb compressor, you can run air tools off it aswell, but thats about 800

Borrowed my mates Projecta Typhoon when i went away on the weekend, did a decent job, about 3-4mins per tyre from 11psi back up to 32psi.

I bought a TJM one for $200. Was abit more then I was going to pay but its normally $225. Going to fraser island for 4 days so looking forward to testing it out abit.

Had a look at the Projecta Typhoons today, 72LPM one and a 150LPM one.

150LPM was around $250 from memory, seems rather fairly priced.

I have a viair 400c, starting to wire it up behind my back seats, which it will the fill a tank under the car and t piece to connectors on each side of the car. Ill post up progress pics when I get around to it.

Edited by SR S13

Keen to see progress pics, i want to do something like that myself.

If anyone wants a good price on ARB bits lemme know.

Might be able to help out.

Keen to see progress pics, i want to do something like that myself.

No dramas when done I can even give you a hand, it draws about 30amps so ill be running a switch, relay, fuse and some half decent wire. Just need time to start it!