Sign in to follow this  
- Donny -

The avengers

Looks alright but I still maintain Thor is the gayest superhero ever.......

And without Wasp and the frankly useless Antman the Avengers are NOTHING. (i may have started watching the cartoon :unsure: )

how do they merge that mix of movies together it just doesnt seem right because all the movies worlds just seem so different.

It's like when a train explodes and everyone dies but the hero and his gf. You're not meant to ask those type of questions lol.

Looks alright but I still maintain Thor is the gayest superhero ever.......

Captain Amercia is way gayer. At least Thor has a weapon, Captain America is just 'athletic'.

Saw this last night with free tickets (luckily).

It was very meh to me. I know it's not my type of movie, so I'm probably not the best person to comment on it. It does what it's meant to do; big action scenes, super heros flexing their super powers, and then earth being saved, for now. There is nothing dark or edgy, and no unexpected twists.

There are a lot of cheap jokes like people hitting their heads and predictable one liners coming from a mile away, so beware of that.

Half way through the movie I started making up the rest of the movie in my head because it became so predictable. Like Captain America being a bad-ass army dude/cage fighter whose super power was simply being a super strong alpha male instead of a metrosexual. Then again, these movies are made to be very PG and family friendly. Like when someone is shot or punched, the camera cuts away because of course people don't spill blood in the Marvel universe.

I think if you liked the previous Marvel movies you'll really like this.

Edited by steveP

These is gonna be a number to round about 2014 with more avengers to say. From what I know all the super heros from marvel but wonder man.

All I have to say is. I f**king loved it.

Saw this wednesday night. Id go as far as saying best new movie I've seen this year.

These is gonna be a number to round about 2014 with more avengers to say. From what I know all the super heros from marvel but wonder man.

What was that in english?

There is gonna be a secOnd avengers with more avengers. Like all Heros from marvel but wonder man

I saw it tonight. I went in with pretty low expectations as all Super hero movies espicially Marvel ones seem to be all the same.

And really while it was the same (1. meet the heros, 2. Meet the villans, 3. Villians beats heros and cause some chaos, 4. Heros come back and defeat villians) I found the movie to be pretty dam bad ass.

It really is mind numbing action goodness with a toddler weak storyline but EPIC EPIC fight scenes. Really the new batman has got a lot to live up to to be considered the best super hero movie of the year (even though it has is a totally different feel to it).

Its a pretty dam good watch.

i enjoyed the movie a lot, i went in with bigger expectations also

i used to read the comics a lot, knowing all the story lines and stuff like that

a few things dont sit right:

1) hulk never has control, in the movie at the end he seemed to know who he was fighting

2) they didn't build hawkeye and black widow enough, lots of people i know are still wondering who they are or where they came from

i am curious to how they will play out the next avengers movie, becuase at the end of the avengers they introduced thanos, the only villain to kill every single avenger in one swift move

Hawkeye and black widow don't have super powers and are pretty average tier so who cares.

The hulk thing was a huge plot hole, in the hold where he first goes hulk mode, he can't control it and wont listen to black widow then later on he's suddenly in full control... meh.

It was pretty good flick, I saw it in 3D which I think added to the cinematography.

Thanos hey? I thought it was Galactus - eater of worlds. Also who was the Protoss guy manipulating Loki?

Loved it. Goin to see it again tomorrow.

Loki is sick as.

Overall I absolutely love it.

Except the hulk plot hole. But I seen past it.

Big fan, captain America is a fag though

Hulk bits were real funny, could stare at scarletts bum bum all day, tempted to go see it in 3d just for that haha

loved the movie, had ass action and comedy .. haha !

hulk is the funniest mofo in the movie.

i like captain america....he is pretty boss.....and i love the mix of comedy and action...

f**k tony stark is a fenny kent..

From what everyone has been saying I haven't really heard anyone complain. Some have said it was the best movie this year.

I will eventually go watch it, just hope that I am not disappointed, haven't seen a good movie at the cinemas for months.

Saw it in 3D tonight. Good movie to go and enjoy. Went in there with some expectation after reading this thread but it didn't disappoint!

How funny was it when Hulk manhandled Lockie?? Cracked everyone up!

It has familiar themes from a number of movies (ahem Independence Day) but nonetheless entertaining!

this so deserves its own thread. Hulk - FUNNIEST CHARACTER ! lol

One of the problems I had with it was in Thor, Loki was defeated and Thor was perfectly adequate to defeat him on his own. Now he's returned and it takes an entire team to defeat him this time. They should have had a new villian.

One of the problems I had with it was in Thor, Loki was defeated and Thor was perfectly adequate to defeat him on his own. Now he's returned and it takes an entire team to defeat him this time. They should have had a new villian.

Well, they did, he wasn't on his own he had an entire army of chitauri.

I just found it funny how hawkeye was fighting aliens, and his weapon of choice was a bow and arrow...

other than that, i loved the movie

It was very meh to me. I know it's not my type of movie, so I'm probably not the best person to comment on it. It does what it's meant to do; big action scenes, super heros flexing their super powers, and then earth being saved, for now. There is nothing dark or edgy, and no unexpected twists.

There are a lot of cheap jokes like people hitting their heads and predictable one liners coming from a mile away, so beware of that.

I think if you liked the previous Marvel movies you'll really like this.

Given I've only heard positive things from basically everyone but you about this film I was hoping that you might have been judging it a little harshly. I though that maybe it could make up for it by having a particularly good flavour of zone out cheese.

Sadly I agree with you. It was okay. Scarlet has a nice arse and it does have a few moments to smile at and lots of typical cutty see nothing action. 3d still wasn't worth it imo. Maybe I should just give up on big name pg action films.

The best sum up of this film I've seen was "If transformers is one direction and the dark knight is radiohead, then the avengers is beyonce"

The fact this is at 32 in the imdb top 250 makes me shudder.

Edited by S3 TRXTC

IMDB ratings are kind of weird, they fluctuate when a movie is released because the only people rating the movie are people who liked it and are fans. Then over time the ratings will even out.

watched this last night, CAM version so not the best quality to be judging, was what i expected it to be,

that being said i enjoyed it and will get a better quality version later on

Saw it a couple of night ago. People seemed to love this movie, for me it was missing something. In saying that I did still enjoy it and Tony Stark is pretty awesome.

If i were an avenger i would totally take orders from Tony not from Cap'n America :yes:

Like I said, they need a captain that isn't a metrosexual.

he's the team tactician, team leader

iron man is mainly a solo character, too up himself to be a leader