Sign in to follow this  
SR S13

Sand flags **Updated with DIY SAND FLAG**

Hey guys going out to robe/beachport in couple of weeks and funds are running a little short and I need a sand flag.

Curious to see weather anyone has made their own or weather everyone just buys them. I have had a few ideas in what to use but not sure yet.

If any one has one for sale let me know, cheers bret

Hey guys, just an update on this thread, made my self a sand flag with ideas from below just thought i would post it up!

Materials :

- 10mm Tent pole ($9.00 from rays)

- Ryco air fittings (threaded male connection and barbed female connection) free from work, but you can probably source for $10-$20

- Universal bull bar mount (37,4mm from ARB $30)

- Flag ($20-$30 for proper high vis one i think) found one at home, or you can cut up a high vis vest.

- Couple of hose clamps and zip ties.

Step 1 - Fit bull bar mount and male fitting to bullbar

P1020191.jpg

Step 2 - Cut one metal holder on a piece of tent pole down the center and fit over female barbed fitting and put two hose clamps on like in the picture, make sure you thread the elastic rope through first before you tighten/

P1020195.jpg

Step 3 - Male tent pole to desiered length, i used three sections, and tie off the end of the elastic. (but dont stretch the elastic to much)

Step 4 - Slide your flag over the top and attatch, i have a zip tie at the bottom and top of my flag to stop it from moving up and down and seems to work well.

ZIPTIES.jpg

Step 5 - Fit to your car and smash some dunes! (here is my finished product at half the price of a pre made one!)

P1020189.jpg

If anyone would like to add anything please do!

Cheers Bret.

Edited by SR S13

Im a fan of the tent pole idea, softy have you got leds on yours?

Cheers for the links

Na i dont, it did have them when the old owner use to own it. All he done was cable tie some of them LED strips to the pole.

cool, would you guys be up for a beach port weekend on 12/13 of november?

Yeah travelling to robe on sat driving to beachport along sand camping then coming back sunday, I havent had all details confirmd yet but.im pretty sure its the gist of it

Yep and hopefully ill have my compressor set up.minus the tank at this stage and my diy sand flag