Sign in to follow this  
Jason12

Prometheus

Calling it early, but i think this will be the best movie of 2012. Trailer out tomorrow, but for now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6MHAm9LUDpA

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=SnfvUihkX0o

Ps can someone imbed these still cant fkn figure it out...

Edited by Jason12

I think it's going to be interesting! We don't know where the aliens came from so who knows where the story is going to go

f**k yeah! Love movies about humans looking into space and this sort of stuff!

Yeh its meant to be the prequel to the Alien series. In the clip u can see gun/seat that the alien/figure is sitting on in the first Alien movie. Talk in the office is that its going to be the movie of 2012 !

Nah I think it has the buzz but from the Trailer looks boring. But that's probably good unlike most trailers which tell you the whole movie in the damn trailer!!!

Only reason I would go see this is because it's an Alien movie. Charlize Theron is in it too. MMM. But yeh from the trailer you kinda go ok a lost in space movie cool I guess. But when and if you know it's an Alien movie like us fans do, then you salivate over it because you just know it's gonna be epic. But to average joe out there they are like WTF?

Reminds me a little of Event Horizon

We watched alien 1,2 &3 the other day to get refreshened after we saw the trailer. i cant wait.

Smart move not watching alien resurrection, they never should of made it

f**k yeah! Love movies about humans looking into space and this sort of stuff!

dido. Even the bad ones :lol:

We watched alien 1,2 &3 the other day to get refreshened after we saw the trailer. i cant wait.

hahaa we got it in the download quadrilogy but yeah it sucked. I think Winona Ryder was the worst choice.

I liked the story kinda of Resurrection but yes the acting sucked major!

Still reckon Aliens was the best of the lot

Edited by J's 180

hahaa we got it in the download quadrilogy but yeah it sucked. I think Winona Ryder was the worst choice.

No Doubt. Winona knows damn well that Ron Perlman is not the man with whom to f**k.

I read that it might draw a rough line between Blade Runner and the first Alien, so in effect a possible prequel to Alien

Either way I've been hanging for this for ages, yeah I'm a nerd what of it

it was originally planned as a full on prequel for Alien, but then they changed it what it is now which is still slightly prequel, but not as much. the ship they go to is the same as in the first one. anyway it looks awesome!

new trailer up now

Still so incredibly keen for this... Cant wait for June 1

Dead Space the movie.

That would be INSANE!!!

But this movie looks cool, hopefully it delivers.

I couldn't care less about the whole Alien movie thing (I guess because I haven't seen the movies). I can't wait for it to see some awesome spacecraft, some cool looking aliens and some good action with top quality special effects. Bring it on!

you NEED to see alien and aliens. Seriously.

Havent seen it yet but hearing decent reviews so definately excited to go see it.

Watched it tonight. Pretty good but it is not scary at all as the trailer led me to believe, which was a real shame sorry for the disappointment. There were some things that pissed me off, such as the Biologist. It leaves a lot of questions to be answered.

The acting was good and it was interesting throughout the movie so I would recommend going to see it. Watch it in 3D because it is actually done very well in this film.

Edited by ChiefStudly

Saw it last night I actually found it pretty tense, not a scary film but lots of edge of the seat sort stuff.

Whole thing was left wide open for interpretation. So many theories about the plot that have popped up all over the net.

Was hoping for so many questions to be answered and most of them were,

However I came out of the cinema with more unanswered questions than I went in with...

Saw this last night after hearing from everyone that this movie doesn't live up to expectations, so wasn't expecting anything fantastic.

Right off the bat the movie felt like it wasn't thought out properly. The humanoid character at the start looks like he's made of plastic and rubber, like something you would find on Mythbusters, not a $130 million movie. Then his DNA double helix, which is molecular based turns into an organism, what the hell.

The movie has some pretty cool concepts, like those infra-red cave explorer devices uncovering a secret underground base and the idea of the humanoids creating weapons of mass destruction to wipe out planets. But these ideas take a backseat to all the back and forth meaningless dialogue. There were some great opportunities to create suspense and genuine scares, but the film didn't capitalise and honestly there was nothing scary in this movie. Where the original Alien film was high on suspense where the space team were being stalked and killed off, the story line here just jumped all over the place and it was hard to get into it.

It's been a long time since an awesome sci-fi movie has been made, and this hasn't changed that. I would say this is more of a sequel to Contact than a prequel to Aliens. They could have make this so much better if they focuses more on the the origins of other life in the universe instead of trying to tie this into a creature we've all seen and know about.

Edited by steveP

Saw this last night after hearing from everyone that this movie doesn't live up to expectations, so wasn't expecting anything fantastic.

Right off the bat the movie felt like it wasn't thought out properly. The humanoid character at the start looks like he's made of plastic and rubber, like something you would find on Mythbusters, not a $130 million movie. Then his DNA double helix, which is molecular based turns into an organism, what the hell.

The movie has some pretty cool concepts, like those infra-red cave explorer devices uncovering a secret underground base and the idea of the humanoids creating weapons of mass destruction to wipe out planets. But these ideas take a backseat to all the back and forth meaningless dialogue. There were some great opportunities to create suspense and genuine scares, but the film didn't capitalise and honestly there was nothing scary in this movie. Where the original Alien film was high on suspense where the space team were being stalked and killed off, the story line here just jumped all over the place and it was hard to get into it.

It's been a long time since an awesome sci-fi movie has been made, and this hasn't changed that. I would say this is more of a sequel to Contact than a prequel to Aliens. They could have make this so much better if they focuses more on the the origins of other life in the universe instead of trying to tie this into a creature we've all seen and know about.

geeze, spoiler alert.

I had to watch Alien again last night to see where the connections between the two movies were made. I think they should have made the ending of Prometheus line up a bit better with the start of Alien. Just for continuity. Not that it really matters a whole deal and I am nit picking some minor differences in continuity.