Sign in to follow this  
s14ntd

HELP! blown clutch or gearbox?

Hi, Friday night I was driving an suddenly lost 5th gear, then I woke up next morning only had 1sT and 2nd and then I checked again today only 3rd.

My reverse was starting to play up before this happened if that hElps.

It makes a noise under the car like a ticking noise but when I put clutch in it stops.

ALSO CANT PUT ANY GEARS INTO GEAR!!! Only 3rd ATM unless it changes it's mind again.

So what u think it is?? Thanks

pull the box off and if ur clutch is sweet, id say its ur box ;)

also check ur master and slave cylinders before cracking the box

Edited by JDM~180

Knew it was comming. Thanks for the help.

how did you know this, power output you have atm that caused this ?

Yeah you should really check other things before you call judgment. A box is not the only thing that can go wrong you know.

Na I was just giving the box a hard time. And Im running on wide tyres with not enough power..

I had an issue similar to this with my s15 after doing a exedy single mass conversion for my clutch. the spigot bush starts to wear causing main shaft play making it very hard to select gears. over time my gear box developed alot of main shaft play making it impossible to select gears.

I got the same problem now :( s14 with around 200rkw and 9.5" rims. Cant even wheel spin into second just hooks up, good for racing evos lol. My reverse is sometimes ridiculously hard to get into which has developed since big wheels :( no problems with anything else though, thought the s14 5 speed was meant to be strong. My cars got 70,000 on it. Ne one know a good place to get it rebuilt in Brisbane? just incase ...