Sign in to follow this  
buoy

PROMETHEUS Movie - Update: Extended edition breakdown explains almost ALL bs stuff in theatrical release. Vids within.

Before Prometheus, there was Blade Runner. That 1982 film was THE LAST sci-fi film Ridley Scott produced.

I have never really appreciated Blade Runner until perhaps 5 or 6 years ago. Before that, it was dark and bleek and I didn't understand it.

Now it, more than ever, is making me salivate over what potential Prometheus has.

To mull over some of the shit they went through to make Blade Runner, it may give you some sort of insight as to the genius mind(s) that will be at work on Prometheus.

The Dangerous Days documentary is actually quite long and has many parts. I've selected 2 parts that, at least for me, really drum up the awesomeness. You will need the better part of an hour should you decide to click on these 2 clippets. Be warned, you will be looking forward to Prometheus incessantly after watching some of these production doccos.

Part I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xn4kYIoUc0&NR

Part II

Saw this on IMDB the other day by accident. Looks like the only decent movie coming out so far this year. Don't think it's due out until June or something.

I think Blade Runner is overrated, especially in this day and age where movies have really taken the dystopian/AI concept to the next level with The Matrix, Dark City, Gattaca or even The Terminator. When I watched it, I remember wishing I was watching Logan's Run instead regarding the age termination angle.

Edited by steveP

Promethius looks like a new age Aliens.

"humans explore new panet, bring back nasty aliens"

On another note, i could never understand the fanfare around Blade Runner, the whole movie felt B grade to me.

Promethius looks like a new age Aliens.

I think it's the actual prequel.

i am waiting in great anticipation Ridley scott don’t let me down on this one.

Yeah promethius is a prequel to the aliens series. If you watch the HD trailer it has snippets of the ship that they find when the mining ship responds to a distress call in the first movie.

Coolmagool.

It's not actually a prequel as such. It was originally planned to be a prequel to Aliens, which would explore the origins of the Space Jockey (the race that built the crashed ship) seen in the first film, but once they started writing it developed into it's own separate story.

It takes place before Aliens and is still set within the same universe but does not directly relate to events that occur within Alien.

Edited by SIR ASHMAN

Now that the director's cut is out, ComicBookGirl19 (a youtube erm... girl who posts videos about comics, movies etc) has shed some light that gives some input about what this film was trying to achieve. Lots of info from the director's cut dvd.

I've included 2 videos from her exhaustive series of about half a dozen clips (an hour's viewing time for those of you who have time) but here is a 20 min summary broken up into 2 of the clips that will help you get "the jist". If you watch these 2 clips and like to know more, go ahead and watch the rest :thumbsup:

I don't have time to watch those videos, but Prometheus didn't seem that complex to understand. It was essentially theorising the origins of intelligent life on earth. It's pretty much 2001: A Space Odyssey told in another way with new CGI. It's a shame they didn't hit the mark with this movie as it had huge potential. I wanted to really like it, but the generic action scenes and lack of philosophical meaning took away from the movie. It's like they dumbed it down for a broader audience.