Sign in to follow this  
jayj

D21 Pathfinder thoughts/experiences?

Howdy fellas,

Wondering if any one has had any experience wih D21 pathfinders specifically the V6 vg30 model?

Reliable, good to live with, towing, off road capabilities?

Info seems to be pretty thin on them which makes me sceptical.

Cheers

We have heaps over here, The V6 is pretty thristy, manual gear boxes are pretty weak, the diffs are pretty strong, rear diff is a h233b pretty much the same as the patrol, good LSD in them, front steering is pretty week if offroading tie rods need replacing often, 31" tires fit straight on 33s need a body lift and a guard cut to fit. They can get rust under the rear seats I think it was a problem in the early models, lots of people seem to use them over here they are called a Terrano they are pretty cheap have a look on offroadexpress.co.nz there is a few projects on the go.

Thanks man,

Yep heard to check for rust under the rear seat and rear arches.

Just wondering how they tow. Whether the vg30 is up for it. They seem to be pretty light so im unsure on how it would cope with large loads.

I wouldn't tow anything heavy with a manual, they tend to sh*t gearboxes easly, auto aren't to bad just need to fit a trans cooler.

How about the V6 4runners? any experience?

I suppose the diesel would be the pick but they're a bit hard to find and tend to be far pricier.

I'd imagine they'd drink a bit of fuel.