Sign in to follow this  
harris.

Time attack peeps - Let's talk Tyres

Continuing this thread on, has anyone compared the FZ201 and the D03Gs? From my understanding, the 03Gs are up there (but not quite) with the Z221s and A050s.

How do the FZ201s compare to the old RE55s?

I've only used the D03Gs in their soft compound before but it's time to get new semis but I can't afford Dunlop prices :(

And finally, where do people buy their tyres from? :P

Edited by adam.

I can't seem to find much information on them but I think that's enough for me to avoid them. Thanks :P

Looks like it'll be Z214s, V710s or R6s!

so what are the best ?

a050's

any oe got a cheap source in oz

there is a good uk site but i cant remeber the name

yeh just to touch on what every has said,

ive been using R888 in GG (mediums) for the past 3-4 events,

in 245/45R18 n 275/35R18

tbh they not the most stickiest tyre around, but they get up to temp reasonably fast, but you have a short window of high speed grip.

still got heaps of life left in them after 4 events, and 2x dyno sesions

just the R888s response well when you match your cold start pressures up,

if you more after something to shave some seconds off your lap from what I can see from mates cars and results it would be time to go A50s or Z221s (or Z214s if you can afford that jump in price)

hankook got a 55% off sale atm so be perfect time to get some Z221 or Z214s!!

wheres this 55% off sale bro?

Also just for the record, i'v been running Fz201s in a medium at the track, they are ok, not as good as the a048's imo and they take ages to get upto temperature which isnt advisable for people doing short runs..

I'm defs going to try some z221's next..

I've just picked up some 255/40/17 Z221 C70 softs, I'll get a chance to try them out this weekend at Oakey Sprints (no warm lap up so a real challenge) and next weekend at Morgan Park (super sprints).

Neil what's at Morgan park next weekend? I'm so in if something's on! How do I get involved. So desperate to get bk on the track and would love to do Morgan park.

It's the Qld Super Sprint Series. You have to register and pay a fee at the start of the year to compete.

Ive driven back to back on advan a050's vs hankook 221's and the hankooks in my humble opinion are faster, more consistent, wear better, last longer and inspire more confidence.

At WTAC its widely known that the A050's are good for their very first heat cycle and after that they are 0.5-0.8 seconds slower which is quite a lot. hankooks are still fastest in their first heat cycle but taper off significantly less and are still good all the way to the tread running out. The advan's are pretty much for the bin if you cane them in their first heat cycle after a 5-6 sessions on them. Brand new the hankooks are fractionally faster as well but not by much.

The first year of Wtac being advan's everyone who was previously running hankooks was complaining.

Ive driven back to back on advan a050's vs hankook 221's and the hankooks in my humble opinion are faster, more consistent, wear better, last longer and inspire more confidence.

At WTAC its widely known that the A050's are good for their very first heat cycle and after that they are 0.5-0.8 seconds slower which is quite a lot. hankooks are still fastest in their first heat cycle but taper off significantly less and are still good all the way to the tread running out. The advan's are pretty much for the bin if you cane them in their first heat cycle after a 5-6 sessions on them. Brand new the hankooks are fractionally faster as well but not by much.

The first year of Wtac being advan's everyone who was previously running hankooks was complaining.

totally agree. i've never driven on A050 which is why i didn't want to say anything, but everyone else that went from 221 to A050 that i know of said the exact same thing.

and Hankooks are so much more affordable too, which is why i pick them over the better known A050.

funny enough the Hankook RS3 are better then the advan neova AD08 too.. again a whole lot cheaper

Edited by AE86557