Sign in to follow this  
harris.

1200hp in a 1200kg car... WOW!

alright guys,

i was just watching that Car show with adam corolla and they were talking about this car, the hennessey Venom gt..

specs are below..

The Venom GT is based on a highly modified Lotus Exige chassis. The Venom GT is powered by General Motors' 6.2 L (380 cu in) LS9 twin-turbocharged V8 that can be found in the Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1. The modified engine will produce 725 bhp (541 kW). Hennessey will also offer a 1,000 bhp (750 kW) and 1,200 bhp (890 kW) twin-turbocharged variants. The mid-engine V8 is mated to the rear wheels with a Ricardo plc 6-speed transmission. Hennessey claims that the car can achieve a top speed of 275 mph (440 km/h). This might be possible with proper gearing and perfect conditions.

The Venom GT will have a production curb weight of about 2,700 lb (1,200 kg) aided by its lightweight carbon fiber bodywork and carbon fiber wheels. Brembo brakes with 6-piston calipers in the front and 4-piston calipers in the rear clamping down on 15 in (380 mm) carbon ceramic rotors will deliver the Venom GT's stopping power.

A programmable traction control system will manage power output. Computational fluid dynamic (CFD) tested bodywork and down force also help keep the Venom GT stable. Under varying conditions on both the road and racetrack, an active aero system with adjustable rear wing will deploy. An adjustable suspension system will allow ride height adjustments according to speed and driving conditions. Michelin PS2 tires will also help put power to the ground.[3]

Cliffs -

Horsepower Adjustable with 3 settings: 800 bhp, 1,000 bhp & 1,200 bhp Torque 1,155 lb-ft (when set at 1,200 bhp) Bhp / Weight 767.23 hp per ton or 2.61 lbs / hp - 1200kgs total Boost 16 psi (1.1 bar) Fuel 93 octane

0 – 200 mph 15.3 sec. (Bugatti Veyron = 24.2 sec.)

Video with a review guy in the passenger seat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pE_WFWjsgE

Random pic cause it looks like sex..

1HennesseyVenomGT.jpg

Engine Bay - Twin Turbo LS9

Hennessey+Venom+GT+Engine+Design.jpg

alright that is all..

and just for kemp - They are twin precision's as well, i had a hunt around and can't find which ones they are.. ;)

Edited by harris.

i have one of these :ph34r:

on forza 4 lol

crazy car though

That video was frustrating more than anything. He couldn't get more than a second of full throttle before having to back off, the engine almost sounded like it was idling around the whole track!

I wanna see that thing open up on a wider track!

It's awesome but at the end of the day it's a chopped up elise with a redneck name to boot, so it shouldn't really be compared to a production supercar. I'd much rather see lotus do this themselves.

Whats the retail on one of those? lol

More than you can afford pal, lotus

umm hennessy actually

It's awesome but at the end of the day it's a chopped up elise with a redneck name to boot, so it shouldn't really be compared to a production supercar. I'd much rather see lotus do this themselves.

but the exige just uses a shitty toyota engine (i think)

alot of supercars use parts from other cars in one way or another.. at least they guys substantially changed the car, using only the interior from the lotus and the headlights or some shit.. the car is like a foot longer, you can't just stick a big engine in a car like that and expect it to work.. ALOT of engineering has gone into it..

and for the record, i would kill for one of those "redneck engines".. 700hp out of the crate?? yes please :woot:

that black thing is the hottest car i have ever seen

More than you can afford pal. Ferarri. Lol

Ahhh damnit you beat me to it.

He is lucky he didn't get out of second otherwise he could have blown the welds on the intake!

Spazzo....

put down the crack pipe buddy.....

Here someone has taken the time AND money to create something truly unique.

THATS A f**king SPASTIC CAR!

He is lucky he didn't get out of second otherwise he could have blown the welds on the intake!

:lol:

That thing is amazing, it deserves the venom name IMO haha