Sign in to follow this  
Veafo

N/A JZX100's. Thoughts?

Looking to get a JZX100. Unfortunately as a P-plater, I'm restricted to a non-turbo model for a few years.

Was original thinking of getting a 180SX, but the chasers are nice cars too. Some comparisons between the two are...

- More doors/space in the JZX100. Can use fixed back seats with no rego problems.

- JZX has a better power to weight ratio.

- N/A JZX100's are rare, but can be found.

- N/A JZX's are auto only. Would have to do a manual conversion for full enjoyment (hard or easy?)

- My knowledge of the JZX's is pretty small. Familiar with SR's though.

Is a non-turbo JZX100 a good idea? Do you guys attract much attention from the po with a JZX100?

Cheers.

lol.. jzx is huge compared to s-chassis/skyline!!

and a na jzx100 would be slow.

2JZ-GE making 160kw's would be slow compared to a 110kw SR20DE? Considering the JZX100 only weights 240KG's more than the 180sx, not sure how it'd be slow.

2JZ-GE making 160kw's would be slow compared to a 110kw SR20DE? Considering the JZX100 only weights 240KG's more than the 180sx, not sure how it'd be slow.

That would be a 1JZ-GE in the chaser

2JZ-GE would be in a GS300 or Aristo which are a little more luxurious and just as cool

Edited by Rifleman

That would be a 1JZ-GE in the chaser

2JZ-GE would be in a GS300 or Aristo which are a little more Luxurious

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/toyota-chaser-1998-11831978?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=14&eapi=2&__N=1246%201247%201252%201282%204294962861%204294959904%201216&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,Max~0.5&sort=default

That has a 2JZ-GE. The 1JZ-GE Chasers can't be complied, unfortunately.

ahh well there you go.. my bad.

i'd sooner get a GS300 tbh.

manual conversion will cost you around 3k....

that is madness that a chaser only weighs 240kg's more than the 80, in my mind the chaser is like falcodore sized..

either way, if i was on my p's, i would get like a NA sil for cheap cheap, jack around with it, do rims, coils and arms and shit.. 2 years later, pull that shit, sell the car with stock shit in it, sell all the random shit, then get a chaser that isnt NA.. ;)

that is madness that a chaser only weighs 240kg's more than the 80, in my mind the chaser is like falcodore sized..

either way, if i was on my p's, i would get like a NA sil for cheap cheap, jack around with it, do rims, coils and arms and shit.. 2 years later, pull that shit, sell the car with stock shit in it, sell all the random shit, then get a chaser that isnt NA.. ;)

Yeah I was genuenly surprised to see that the KZX was 200kg's heavier than the 80, but still 200kg's lighter than a Commopoor.

I've had some offers for turbo 180's at around $4500. With an engine conversion to an autech sr20de I would probably be looking at $2000+.

The chasers can be found for $10,000. No matter what option I'll go for I'll be doing a 1j conversion once off of my P's.

What would be the advantages of a 180?

why bother with the conversion? would be just as easy to sell it off to the next p plater and just buy a turbo one

why bother with the conversion? would be just as easy to sell it off to the next p plater and just buy a turbo one

That's true.

Yeah that's a JZX101, thought we were talking JZX100. Anyway its still cool :thumbs:

i daily a gs300 which is 2jzge it goes alright. I wouldnt say its 'fast'. Its enough for a daily/ tow car though. I wouldnt bother with any conversions with it, its nice to drive and its nice having everything working and having it reliable.

ADM are selling a s13 with coils/ sr20de for 4.5k atm

Edited by ziptie

i daily a gs300 which is 2jzge it goes alright. I wouldnt say its 'fast'. Its enough for a daily/ tow car though. I wouldnt bother with any conversions with it, its nice to drive and its nice having everything working and having it reliable.

ADM are selling a s13 with coils/ sr20de for 4.5k atm

Have you driven a N/A s13 before? How do the two compare?

And are those N/A s13's manual or auto?

manual. here it is; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=296128643807112&set=o.218853184881091&type=1&theater.

I have. You cant really compare them gs is more luxury and the s13 was a pigged out drifter.

Its not about which is faster really its more about what you're after. Something to get from A to B comfortabley or something to thrash?

manual. here it is; https://www.facebook...type=1&theater.

I have. You cant really compare them gs is more luxury and the s13 was a pigged out drifter.

Its not about which is faster really its more about what you're after. Something to get from A to B comfortabley or something to thrash?

A combination between both. Wanted to get a daily driver, that would be enjoyable to drive on some mountain roads, and able to take to a track for drifting. Doesn't seem like the JZX100 would be suited for drifting unless it had a 2JZ-GTE though, due to its weight.

end of the drive neither is going to be fast

and i wouldn't bother with 'performance' upgrades for a NA

the different from a na chaser or s chassis won't be much...

if you are on more of budget just go for an s13, abundance of cheap parts.

You could daily an NA S13 as well as skid it, just go fast. S13 for sure, cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, just as easy to skid.

as long as you dont do anything stupid to it to make it look like a 'drifter' keep it clean coils, wheels, locker youre laughing

Edited by ziptie

I'm still so stuck on my options haha.

Here's what I have available.

JZX100 Non-turbo ($9500):

- 80,000km's

- Good panels

- Some shitty rims that I could resell

- Comfortable

- Practicality (4 doors = more whores).

180SX ($7500):

- 130,000km's

- Hail damage on the roof

- mismatched panels, requiring pant work

- will need an SR20DE dropped in

- Type X, so better trim/seats

I'm kind of leaning towards the JZX100. They're nice cars and fly under the radar providing you don't go all out with them.

As much as an S13 is a decent idea, they seem to attract a lot of attention from the police. A lot of them seem to have been thrashed a lot too, which only makes it harder to find one in great condition.

Edited by Veafo

if those are the options, i would go jzx100

if those are the options, i would go jzx100

I'm thinking that too. JZX100's in N/A are pretty hard to find though.