Sign in to follow this  
Red_Gem

New Classifieds

actually waste a lot of time trawling through the SAU classifieds to get my parts fix/impulse buy needs these days - not sure if it's directly related to the classified issues here but the SAU ones seem to be going off!

Same, SAU classifieds are a million times better than here. No bullshit insistance on having pics in the thread title (which takes up a stupid amount of space per page). A simple formula that works. All this f**king crap started with trying to change something to show off somebody's graphic design/page layout skills & has resulted in a complete shitfight that most members hate and don't want to use. As a result the classifieds will get whored up with boostcunts trying to swap their g/f's thrased vibrator for a set of VL commo venetians.

Created a Local Cars For Sale thread in each state section and pinned it should members prefer to advertise locally in a forum rather than on gumtreecruising.

Really dislike the new classifieds. I don't want a commodore...

For the trouble of having to filter vehicles, I'll use carsales. Very disappointing.

^^^^not sure why it posted me as a guest

Really dislike the new classifieds. I don't want a commodore...

For the trouble of having to filter vehicles, I'll use carsales. Very disappointing.

actually waste a lot of time trawling through the SAU classifieds to get my parts fix/impulse buy needs these days - not sure if it's directly related to the classified issues here but the SAU ones seem to be going off!

^^ this. I find I'm heading over to sau and others more and more because i can't stand all the new shit layout changes.

Subsequently, not as many items being sold on here anymore making people want to look elsewhere.

Edited by young-gun

I for one would like an option to hide the BC sales and not have to sift through hundreds of commodores and stupid parts just to find something I need.

We will be working on a far better search option, and better parts sales system.

1: The site has had no issues from hits to pay, and it's going pretty good, with Loz spending endless funds on "New classifieds"

Correction, most of that was out of my own cash, and the hosting for this site is about the same as my morgage - site sponsors don't even cover the hosting.

A lot of members are turning to eBay because this site doesn't help sell the cars.

Not just members, but non members browse this forum mainly for the cars/parts

hence why we need this system to move forward and compete.

2: Paying members pay for this site a lot more then hits.

not true

Hits make money, money pays for the site, with out the hits no one will be able to read your dribble.

true

i remember when the very first classifieds change came in, when they got rid of the cars for sale forum, every mod, every admin, loz, anyone to do with the site said "give it a chance", "use it and see it works" blah blah blah.

now answer me this, how long ago did the original change happen? a year ago? longer? and it STILL is being changed and not used.

Even i can see that if something isn't working after all that time, and you are STILL trying to fix it/get it to work/whatever a year down the track then perhaps the old forum, that DID work, is the best option?

i dunno, i don't think it's really such a hard thing to figure out, but i don't run this site so WTF do i know?

i brought the parts forum back for regulars, but in my mind i still think a full and complete classifieds system is the way forward.

The Bottom Line

Forums are getting quiter accross the board due to the advent of social media such as facebook.

Platinum / Regular members who contribute and have a "voice" on the forums actually only equate to less than 5% of the total hits on the site.

Of the 500,000+ people that visit the site monthly, how many of those post?

Most people that visit the site would only come back every week or month.

Parts forums do not appeal to this wider general browsing audience, as the searh functionality is limited.

Right Now?

Yes, i realise the new classifieds are broken...

i will be working flat out so that they are better and easier to search and use over the next week.

Snip

So are you retaining the parts forum or not, because you advertise them as *back by popular demand* and stated in this thread they are staying.

Platinum / Regular members who contribute and have a "voice" on the forums actually only equate to less than 5% of the total hits on the site.

This seems like a bit of a contradiction as I'd say it's your regular members who rack up a tonne of hits by using the site flat out all day. But if you ignore that, they also contribute the most content in your most popular sections.

Again providing the highest hits from them and others who want to read the content.

We're not idiots, you should respect what your high contributing members have contributed aswell as sticking by you and the site.

Even the moderators volunteer for yourself and everyone elses benefit.

Edited by brent47

This seems like a bit of a contradiction as I'd say it's your regular members who rack up a tonne of hits by using the site flat out all day. But if you ignore that, they also contribute the most content in your most popular sections.

Again providing the highest hits from them and others who want to read the content.

We're not idiots, you should respect what your high contributing members have contributed aswell as sticking by you and the site.

Not trying to discount the contribution of members by any means... without members there is no site, and members are what MAKES the site.

Overall total hits of members vs. guests is literally 1 vs 200 with over 75% of hits coming from random searches people have done on google.

Out of legit interest

What is the highest hit part o the forum?

new classifieds. hence the investment in making it better.

Snip

So are you retaining the parts forum or not, because you advertise them as *back by popular demand* and stated in this thread they are staying.

i would take a guess and say that "hits' would mean unique hits so "new users", users on here daily don't really contribute to this number.

Out of legit interest

What is the highest hit part o the forum?

new classifieds. hence the investment in making it better.

new classifieds are the highest hit part, now just imagine if they actually worked, you would be rolling in cash!

I will be keeping the beloved parts forum though.

Im going to cling to this hope. We can't go wrong if the forum sales stay and we continue on with a different type of classifieds for other listings like the last month or so. But I must say an have said it elsewhere on the site today, I recently had no luck with the new classifieds.. Only to get a sales enquiry 10 weeks later, but the parts had already sold 8 weeks ago via S15oc.

Forums do work for many, a sales enquiry from a probable dreamer months after wasnt what i wanted. However in defense of the new classifieds it would have been fine if I hadn't moved the parts and the enquiry was genuine.

(was an enquiry done through the option btw, not direct to mobile etc. Came as a pm or notification can't remember)

end of the day people are basing their assumption on what they are seeing in it's present state.

once we get the new menus in place, once we clean up the searching functionality to work as we are planning... it will all work GREAT.

give me 7 days. Then comment.

for now im closing this thread, because I agree *at present* the classifieds is broken, but we only implemented in 2 days ago and we have been flat out every day since getting it working properly!

the more I spend on this thread defending myself, the less time I am spending developing the new menus and getting all running nicely.

*thread closed*