Sign in to follow this  
Alf Stewart

Nav D40

What's everyone's options on the d40 STX Autos, thinking of getting rid of my r32 golf for one as the missus has just got her work car back,

Thoughts ?

As a dual cab ute, they are damn nice. Drive pretty sweet to. As a offroad machine, they are capaable for a lot of the normal stuff, beach, hills etc. The problem they have is the front diff is a little weak, driven carefully will be fine though. Both diesel and petrol are fine.

Lol and lol

I worked at Nissan for over 10yrs and I would not recommend buying a d40 navara :(

Yes they drive nice and yea they can 4wd, apart from being as long as a cargo ship and ground clearance of about 4inches, great.

But in my opinion I would purchase something else. They are plagued with electrical gremlins, fuel consumption is through the roof, genuine Nissan service costs are insane, engines well let's just leave it at that.

If your heart is set on a D40, only buy new and sell it within the warranty period and before 100,000km

If you have any questions about certain things feel free to pm me or post it here, I will assist in any way I can

I love you Nissan but Carlos really destroyed you :(

Does it have to be a ute? Have you thought about a 7x series ute?