Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Cranium

New training log for 2012

Well after 2 years i decided to go back to the gym. Working 60-80 hours a week and studying did not go well together, and unfortunately my weightlifting career took an epic back seat (completely dissapeared).

Went back in today;

BW: 69.7kg

Powerclean and Jerk

60*3

60*3

60*3

65*1

65*1

This is down from 117.5kg.

Standing military press

40*3

40*3

40*3

Down from 75*5

Squats

70*3

70*3

70*3

Down from 170*3, 180*1

3 sets of chins and dips.

Strength and size should come back relatively quickly!

Back off to the gym tonight.

Started today with 1l of milk and 3 bacon and egg sandwhiches.

1-2 days per week to start with until life settles down a bit!

Program;

3 sets to fail, weight goes up 2.5kg every session. Aim is 6 weeks.

Squats - start at 60kg

Standing military press - start at 30kg

SLDL - start at 60kg

CGBP - start at 50kg

Chins - 3 sets to fail

Dips - 3 sets to fail

Squats

60*10

60*9

60*7

SMP

30*10

30*10

30*6

SLDL

60*7

60*6

60*5

Chins

CGBP

50*6

50*7

50*4

Deep Deep burn. Didn't do dips as i ran out of time.

Every 6 sessions i am going to do an olympic lifting session.

Cleans; 7X2

Hang snatches: 7X2

Front Squats: 3x2

Back squats:3X3

Push jerk: 3X1

Thought you boasted that you gained 14kg within 10 weeks and you were 92kg.

But anyway I'm not going to make fun of you, what are your goals? to bulk or to weight lift/lift heavy?

By the looks of this, it seems you have more of a strong man training routine/ or lifters routine and if you are, I would lower the reps. Push for no more than 5 reps

Tbh, this routine looking at it like this without knowing your diet/ goal is fairly confusing.

Thought you boasted that you gained 14kg within 10 weeks and you were 92kg.

But anyway I'm not going to make fun of you, what are your goals? to bulk or to weight lift/lift heavy?

By the looks of this, it seems you have more of a strong man training routine/ or lifters routine and if you are, I would lower the reps. Push for no more than 5 reps

Tbh, this routine looking at it like this without knowing your diet/ goal is fairly confusing.

That was in 2010, did you actually read my posts?

Goal is to hit 80-85kg and maintain that bodyweight and go back to competing in weightlifting again next year when i head back to UQ.

I have been doing this for a while, this isn't a random program i have thrown together, tried and true method ;).

lol that was bs too. you were never 92kg because i can guarentee you if you were you would not be lifting what you are now and would not be at 69kg body weight. 2nd. your standing military press and clean and jerk are total bs in relation between the weight percentage difference. So let me be honest with you. From a person who has lifted for a fairly long time, what you have previously stated and boasted of is bullshit.

Anyways about your program. It's up to you what advice you want to take and i know we had our previous arguments. But tbh, as i said, ive lifted for about 7 years now. Ive also talked to competitive weightlifters and strongman's. I have not done competitive weightlifting but Ive done BB.Your routine is quite flawed and confusing particularly if your intentions are to compete.

Whether you take my advice on board is up to you tbh.

lol that was bs too. you were never 92kg because i can guarentee you if you were you would not be lifting what you are now and would not be at 69kg body weight. 2nd. your standing military press and clean and jerk are total bs in relation between the weight percentage difference. So let me be honest with you. From a person who has lifted for a fairly long time, what you have previously stated and boasted of is bullshit.

Anyways about your program. It's up to you what advice you want to take and i know we had our previous arguments. But tbh, as i said, ive lifted for about 7 years now. Ive also talked to competitive weightlifters and strongman's. I have not done competitive weightlifting but Ive done BB.Your routine is quite flawed and confusing particularly if your intentions are to compete.

LOL.

I put 130kg overhead from the rack, yet could only military press 80kg. Do you know why that is? I am guessing not.

I can take a photo of the scales if you want, 24 months of not lifting or eating properly is more than enough time to lose 20+kg. You can talk all the crap you want, not really phased as there are people on this forum and on others that know i am not full of crap.

You say you've been bodybuilding for 7 years. You have never powerlifted nor followed a program structured for powerlifting, which is plainly obvious by your posts. Dont give advice/comment about shit you have no clue about.

In regards to the program, designed to get back into training build fitness and muscular endurance as well as muscle mass, once i have a good base to build from i will go to a 3X3 weighlifting program or something similar.

No point jumping straight into a low rep program straight up.

You say you've been bodybuilding for 7 years. You have never powerlifted nor followed a program structured for powerlifting, which is plainly obvious by your posts. Dont give advice/comment about shit you have no clue about.

LOL coming from you?

I said I've never competed in powerlifting. When have I said I have not done the program. On ur training log you said you have just started BB. So stfu and take advice from younger people who are bigger/lift heavier than you.

As to dr cranium. You know why i critiqued your program and said it was shit? Coz The whole point of powerlifting is to stay within your weight class and category. If ur lifting that many reps you are mores bulking rather than increasing max. The whole point of weightlifting is to lift as heavy as you can in ur weight class.

There is a 17 yr old in my gym that can deadlift 270kg at 67kg. He can also bench 135kg, and squat 210. He has the world record for his weight class and age for deadlifts. Why is that I ask you?

f**king idiots these days. Online, all you think ur king dk. But u only squat 60 kg. So take a little fkig advice from people better than you.

Edited by Rasian

TROLOLOLOLOLOLL

Name/ videos of said 17yo pulling those weights

A guy in my gym benches 200+, are we comparing gym here? First session back in 2 years. hence the 60kg squat. did you read my post? The program is designed for me to get some mass back and when important ready ill go back to the 3-5 rep range. Give me 14 weeks and ill squat close to 4 plates again.

prove that you are better than me and i might listen. all I've heard so far is bro science advice and criticizing me.

Ok now that i am on the computer.

Let's get a few things straight;

1. If you want to be taken seriously, learn the difference between a military press and a Jerk.

2. I have around 3000 posts in this section, if i was bsing surely somebody would have ousted me by now? I have competed and trained with guys on this forum that no longer come here because of people much like yourself (as well as trained them in my gym).

3. You're 20, you don't know everything. There was once a very wise man who ran these forums who i had the same attitude towards, once i got over myself i have never learnt more from anybody than i have done from him.

4. I have trained hundreds of people, sporting teams, athletes, mums dads blah blah, i don't write programs out of thin air, i have tried every program you could ever begin to imagine, discarded the crap and kept the good.

I havn't stepped foot in the gym for 2 years, that session was simply to test the waters and see where my minimum was, hence the 60kg squats. They will be at 100 in the next week or 2, i guarantee it.

Coz The whole point of powerlifting is to stay within your weight class and category. If ur lifting that many reps you are mores bulking rather than increasing max. The whole point of weightlifting is to lift as heavy as you can in ur weight class.

I don't plan on lifting at 70kg, i plan on lifting at around 85 or so. I also explained why i was doing the program in my earlier post, but you seemed to have skipped over it.

I would love to see a 4X BW deadlift at 17, i think you may exaggerated but would love to be proven wrong.

I have tons of journal entries i can post up, all the way back to 2008, have trained for no longer than 14 weeks straight in that time.

Todays eating was average, still don't have the time to organise meals and what not;

4 eggs, 2 wraps

500ml milk

2 Coffees

300g chicken, spinach, bacon, pumpkin, 1/2 avocado, tomato, pine nuts etc.

300g chicken, ^as above

5 boiled eggs, 1/2 avo, 2 pears

Protein in water

Protein in water

Gym tomorrow, legs are not feeling good!

Just going through old journals and training logs and found this;

January 27 2010 - 76.8kg in the morning

March 6 2010 - 86.4kg at 9am.

COME AT ME BRO

Old bulking diet :lol:

Meal one:

6 Eggs, 100g Baked Beans and 2 peices toast.

One litre milk.

88.7g Protien, 80.3g Fat and 107.9g carbs.

1508 calories.

Meal two:

360g Tuna, 55g Pasta.

55.2g Protien, 32g fat and 10.8g carbs.

738.2 calries.

Meal Three:

1/2 chicken, 1 serve rice paper rolls and one serve vermicilli noodles.

138g Protien, 22.3g fat and 72.6g carbs.

1043.1 calories.

Meal four:

1/2 chicken, 1/2 avo and vegies.

137.7g Protien, 1g carbs and 64.6g fat.

1135 calories.

Meal five:

350g rump, one potato worth of mash and 10ml olive oil.

69.1g Protien, 54.8g Fat and 36.6g carbs.

916 Calories.

Meal 6:

6 eggs, 100g Baked Beans and 1l milk.

75.5g Protien, 79.6g carbs and 67.6g fat.

1177 calories.

Total:

564g Protien.

321g Fat.

308g carbs.

6517 calories.

Thought i should set some short term goals; 4 weeks or 12 sessions.

73kg bw

squat; 100x10, 110x5, 120x1

Bench: 70x10, 75x5, 80x1

Deadlift; 130x3, 150x1

Overhead; 90x1

Clean; 80x1

Think i can hit all of those. we Will see. all well below previous pbs at that body weight.

Todays session:

71.1kg bw (69.8kg on wedensday).

CG Bench

52.5*10

52.5*7

52.5*5

Squat

70*5

70*6

70*5

SLDL

60*10

70*6

75*4

Next session i will go to 70, need to get some chalk when the weight starts going up.

SMP

32.5*7

32.5*6

32.5*5

Chins

Grip strength was shattered

Dips

Simply had nothing left lol.

Post workout meal;

Large coffee

3 chicken sushi rolls

protein in water

banana

500ml milk.

Todays workout

BW: 71.9

CG Bench;

55*10

55*7

55*7

SMP;

35*9

35*6

35*6

Chins

Squat;

75*7

80*5

90*3

SLDL;

80*7

90*4

Conventional deadlift (just to get a base strength level)

115 (1.6X BW, confident of 130 if i had chalk).

Dips

Good session overall, not good at training first thing in the morning, will train Wednesday night to maximise recovery and energy! Will keep throwing in a few conventional deadlifts after my SLDL as i love that shit.

Strength is coming back relatively quickly, might try a few max benches to gauge a base level.

Edited by Dr. Cranium

Probably my best day of eating so far

Bacon and eggs on wholegrain bread, coffee.

350g chicken breast, salad

150g chicken, 100g bacon, mushrooms onions etc. 3 eggs

2 cans tuna, banana, 2 boiled eggs, banana, 150g yoghurt

2 cans tuna, banana, 2 boiled eggs, banana, 150g yoghurt

Protein in water and 500mL milk before bed.

Todays training;

BW;72.1

CG bench

57.5*7

57.5*9

60*4

70*2

72.5*1

Squat

90*3

90*3

100*2

102.5*1

SMP

37,5*7

37.5*6

40*3

42.5*1

SLDL

80*5

80*7

90*5

Conventional Deadlift

110*1

117.5*1

120*1 (1.67 X bw, went up with relative ease)

Felt good to put some relatively heavy weights up again. Didn't chin or dip as i was knackered, will throw them in earlier next time.

Todays session;

BW: 72.3, not the greatest couple of days of eating.

CG Bench

60*9

60*6

65*4

72.5*3

75*1 (1.03 * BW)

Squats

92.5*5

92.5*4

105*2

107.5*1 (1.48 * BW)

SMP

40*6

40*5

42.5*3

BTN Jerks

Left it there due to wrists hurting.

SLDL

82.5*7

82.5*5

90*5

Traditional Deadlifts

135 (1.87 * BW)

Dips/Chin super set

Edited by Dr. Cranium

Lol so you are taking my advise haha.

In relation to your comment above, tbh the reason why I've had this account for 2 yrs and don't have many posts is because of skinny/little dudes like you that think you know it all. I cbfed arguing with you guys all the time.

Anyways. In relation to ur diet. If u are taking ur old diet, I'd prob eat more carbs and a little less carbs.

But it's pod to see that ur taking that much protein. I mean FFs, I don't even take that much.

How are ur rest periods? If prob keep it to 2.5-3min rest for around 80-90% atpcp recovery. (I've talked to some competitive litters who takes 5min break after each lift)

And if u do get bored of Normal dl's. You can even give halting/romanian or rack pulls a go.

I'd prob stick to wide/normal bench rather than close, coz ur working less of ur shoulders and tri's and the point of benching is to smash ur chest.

I'm not sure entirely what it trying to get out of chins/ dips. I'd prob place more emphasis on lifts.

Make sure u have plenty of rest after training. Sleep 8-12 hrs. I know BB that take sleeping pill tablets to get this. Plenty of anti oxidants for

Muscle recovery. I drink 2L of green tea every day. And glucose after training for glycogen restoration. ( this is a big mistake for most BB.) they cut out all their sugars but doesn't realise that after training it takes 12-14hrs for glycogen restoration for food but sugar it's more immediate) that means ur lose 1 day of muscular growth and recoveries in every 2 weeks for each muscle group)

Look mate, this will prob be my last post coz I just cbfed arguing with ignorant people like u. Whether u like it or not, with ur SMP and ur squats, not many people are going to respect what u have to say. U just look like one of those skinny dudes in the gym that tries to tell people what to do.

Anyways good luck with ur program. I'll be following it lol

In relation to your comment above, tbh the reason why I've had this account for 2 yrs and don't have many posts is because of skinny/little dudes like you that think you know it all. I cbfed arguing with you guys all the time.

Anyways. In relation to ur diet. If u are taking ur old diet, I'd prob eat more carbs and a little less carbs.

But it's pod to see that ur taking that much protein. I mean FFs, I don't even take that much.

How are ur rest periods? If prob keep it to 2.5-3min rest for around 80-90% atpcp recovery. (I've talked to some competitive litters who takes 5min break after each lift)

And if u do get bored of Normal dl's. You can even give halting/romanian or rack pulls a go.

I'd prob stick to wide/normal bench rather than close, coz ur working less of ur shoulders and tri's and the point of benching is to smash ur chest.

I'm not sure entirely what it trying to get out of chins/ dips. I'd prob place more emphasis on lifts.

Make sure u have plenty of rest after training. Sleep 8-12 hrs. I know BB that take sleeping pill tablets to get this. Plenty of anti oxidants for

Muscle recovery. I drink 2L of green tea every day. And glucose after training for glycogen restoration. ( this is a big mistake for most BB.) they cut out all their sugars but doesn't realise that after training it takes 12-14hrs for glycogen restoration for food but sugar it's more immediate) that means ur lose 1 day of muscular growth and recoveries in every 2 weeks for each muscle group)

Look mate, this will prob be my last post coz I just cbfed arguing with ignorant people like u. Whether u like it or not, with ur SMP and ur squats, not many people are going to respect what u have to say. U just look like one of those skinny dudes in the gym that tries to tell people what to do.

Anyways good luck with ur program. I'll be following it lol

No, i have 6 sessions of this program left and i want to find absolute maximums to set percentages for the next program. Hence why i am doing max reps at the end.

I'm not eating that diet, it was a diet from 2008 when i was around 85kg and training 6 days a week.

I take about 3 minutes rest, depending how I'm feeling on the day.

I haven't stepped foot in a gym in 2 years, and you are giving me shit about what i am currently squatting, give me 12 or so weeks and i will be back to squatting 170+ at under 80kg. I don't tell people what to do, people ask me, heck they pay me and have done for a long time. I could rattle off qualifications, the fact i have had my own gym, that i have trained power lifters, bodybuilders, the obese etc. But clearly you won't take that in.

My shoulders are stuffed and i can't bench, hence the close grip.

Don't need advice on diet, even though it's correct so i will give you points for that.

And i only use dead lift as a measure of strength, as stated in the above post i need to find 100% maximum in order to set percentages.

For the record, what do you lift?

Care to put your money where your mouth is? Little friendly competition, 14 weeks time, you after 7 years of solid training, me after 16 weeks after 2 years break.

Surely you should win ;)

For the record, what do you lift?

Care to put your money where your mouth is? Little friendly competition, 14 weeks time, you after 7 years of solid training, me after 16 weeks after 2 years break.

Surely you should win ;)

Well now I'm training to fight mauy Thai. Should get first pro fight end this year, thats also why I'm only 87kg ish after starting training since 13/14.

I got max bench of 135. Squat I can 3 rep max 185. Mac I've done 200 but I recon o can gp little higher. I can dead about 240 no straps 3 rep. Never done max. And SMP 3x 120.

But again how do u know I'm not talking crap lol. Not to be big headed but I was always one of the strongest in hs. And I think there Is only 1 or 2 people stronger than I am in uni. I don't look big but I'm cut.

Now I'm doing 4 days a week weight training, 3x cross fit.

And 4x mauy Thai or 3x and 1 boxing a week. I do 1-2 Cardio sess a week either big swim or jog. I've just started mma last week again only did 1 day last week so yeh.

I was prepping for BB comps last yr but then doing law at uni and shit I didn't have Enoung time to diet etc so I had to pull out of 2 and my attitude is, if I don't win for certain I won't bother participating But yeh. I used to teach mauy Thai/boxing for about a yr. So I've trained a lot of people too lol. Im not qualified to be PT but pt's do ask me for help occasionally lol and I have trained a fair amount of people mostly chicks tbh lol. I think u know the reasons why. I've just trained/guided this chick for comp and she placed 3rd but only

Coz she isn't have fake tits. I would have given her 2nd at least

So yeh that's my story lol.

Are you talking strict military press? As that is a huge inconsistency from your bench, i can understand if it's push press.

16 weeks, highest % over bodyweight over 5 lifts - clean, overhead (from rack), bench, squat, dead.

A little friendly competition is always good. Will prove neither one is talking shit ;).