Sign in to follow this  
Ballinismyhobby

Channel 9's Olympic coverage is terrible.

It all started at the opening ceremony. During the parade of all the countries athletes, they repeatedly showed Australia, quite often missing multiple entrants, yes the majority of them were smaller countries, but still. There's only so many times you can check out the Australian team. I'd rather hear about the entrants, what te country is famous for or who their best athlete is. Not continually check up of Australia to see how they're entertaining them selves.

2nd is showing mutiple sports live, last night for example. Team USA was playing France in basketball, Australia was playing Italy in water polo and the syncronized diving was on.

Now any person with a bit of common sense would be like, ok, let's show one sport live from start to finish then show the next and then the next. Instead channel 9 try and fail at showing all 3 live at the same time. So what we're left with is the first quarter or the water polo, the about 5 minutes of the basketball. The we end up in the late seconder quarter of the water polo again, back the the basketball for midway though the second quarter, back to the polo for the 3rd quarter, then only to skip to the diving for the rest of the night, what happened in the basketball or water polo???? Like wtf? That is f**king bs.

/rant

Channel

7/9/10

They are all f**king horse shit.

7 could show a footy game to save their life

9 suks at the Olympics

10 shows half the f1

I don't have it but my gf does. Foxtel ftw

Quick fix. Buy foxtel. I'm not complaining.

omg a million times this, for the last two olympics me and my boyfriend watch the athletes come out and guess the country by their flag. Plus its interesting seeing the uniforms of countries I have never heard of. Yes its kind of gay, but, we were raging so hard at them showing the australians dancing and crap then shots of the flag.

f**k watching free to air broadcast. Download it as a torrent if you don't have foxtel.

You can't really expect more out of a channel who manage to get an hour and 45 minutes out of an episode of top gear. Just get foxtel, easy fix

CBF watching the olympics. Out training instead.

Yeap Foxtel FTW! 8 Channels of Olympic coverage. I watch what i want when i want.

F**K ME channel 9 is driving me up the wall.....you cant win! Either we win a gold medal and we have to sit through 3 thousand replays and interviews with the f**kers and miss out on the sport happening at the time. OR they f**king get smahsed ( aka the mens 4x100 freestyle relay team) AND THEN WE SIT THROUGH ANOTHER F**KING 10 THOUSAND REPLAYS ON HOW THEY LOST!!!!!!!!!!I DONT GIVE A F**K!!!!!!!!I would rather see ANYTHING else olympic related then 90% australian bullshit and 10% everyone and everthing else....F**K!!!!!!!!

We should get to watch the 'WORDLS' best athletes. Not just Australia's. And what's with having 9 digital and GEM only to both be showing the exact same broadcast?

9 couldn't even organise a root at a brothel... And if they could. The camera man would probably be at the wrong address -.-

i dont really watch enough tv to justify paying for it like foxtel or anything.

We should get to watch the 'WORDLS' best athletes. Not just Australia's. And what's with having 9 digital and GEM only to both be showing the exact same broadcast?

9 couldn't even organise a root at a brothel... And if they could. The camera man would probably be at the wrong address -.-

That is my pet hate! whats the point in having two channels and broadcasting the same thing?

Same here. Got fox in the main room, watch it for footy on the weekend if I'm not working that's it.

Ps. Don't have fox in my room and I'm watching the Olympics as we speak. Don't care what anyone says, EQUESTRIAN IS NOT A SPORT

Yea agree. Coverage is gay. I've lost interest. I'll just go to the folks place an watch it over there.

My mate has foxtel and he was telling me that none of there Olympics showed the USA vs France basketball game anyway?!? Wtf is the world coming too -.-

My mate has foxtel and he was telling me that none of there Olympics showed the USA vs France basketball game anyway?!? Wtf is the world coming too -.-

Your mates talking absolute shit, I watched that game today.

Olympics is homosexual anyway, seriously a horse prancing around in circles for 5 minutes? Wtf? They should have some form of Motorsports then ill be interested.

Your mates talking absolute shit, I watched that game today.

He means when it was live, that game happened 2 days ago now -.-

Olympics is homosexual anyway, seriously a horse prancing around in circles for 5 minutes? Wtf? They should have some form of Motorsports then ill be interested.

I know... Like seriously, how is 'Dressage' an event? Can you train for it? It's more of a pet show sort of thing.

i felt the same way about dressage until my sister started to do it.

its way harder than it looks. i still think its boring as shit but yeah it takes some skill and alot of hard work/training

the race of champions should be in the olympics! best drivers from around the world all compete in identical cars

the race of champions should be in the olympics! best drivers from around the world all compete in identical cars

It's called f1

Disagree. Motorsport should never be in the olympics.

To practise, you require a closed course or track, vehicle worth hundreds or thousands of dollars, fuel, tyres, possibly a crew of mechanics, helmet, suit, etc.

It's not even close to being a world sport, because really only the western world has the potential to get into it, and even then it's outside the reach of the average person.

To be the best, you need financial backing or a fat wad of cash.

In contrast, to run, you just need land. To swim, water. To cycle, a bike and a road. To shoot, a gun and some space. To ride, a horse and a paddock. Play basketball, a ball and a hoop.

It's called f1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNSD1Pau7d4

RoC takes drivers from rally, f1 etc etc and pits them against each other in even cars on the same track.

pmod

did you watch hamish and andy's final episode.

one of the equestrian horses sold for 10million euros...

and considering they all ride carbon fibre bikes, row boats, bows etc etc i dont see the difference

they have bmx now ffs lol

pmod

did you watch hamish and andy's final episode.

one of the equestrian horses sold for 10million euros...

and considering they all ride carbon fibre bikes, row boats, bows etc etc i dont see the difference

they have bmx now ffs lol

Nope.

High-end gear is only needed when people reach worlds-best level, as everyone is using it. I'm talking about the ability to train and hone skills to become competitive enough to warrant the gear. In the case of horses, there are millions of horses across the globe, and the next champion could be anywhere. As many champions have come from farmer brown's paddock as they have from a millionaire's chequebook. You don't need a great horse to train a great jockey either.

People world-wide have ridden, trained and raced horses for thousands of years. Per capita, motorsport doesn't get even close to comparing. Hell, in many countries the average person can barely even afford a 50cc bike, yet they've ridden a horse or donkey.

Edited by pmod

The people making the decisions what to watch must be chicks. Channel 9's moto should be 'Showing the sports sport fans don't want to see'.