Sign in to follow this  
Jack_1

J Lil's Onevia Build - fromda4rumz

Hey all,

A few of you may know me, but some may not... I'm Jack, I've been into imports for a few years now. When i started looking for my first import i was looking all over for an s13 or onevia. I ended up buying an r32 gtst because i just wanted a car fast and i wanted to start learning how to drift. Been drifting for 3 or so years now and the car got out of hand very quickly. Its sporting a heap of mods, and is a full track car now. I love the car to pieces, however being a track only drift car i have no import to drive on the street anymore. I figured, the whole point of owning a car is to drive it around, but because i no longer have a jap car on the street its pretty depressing i have to drive my commodore ute around. As much as its a good daily, i get zero enjoyment out of it and its not who i am. Sooooo... That has bought me to this new project.

I bought this s13 off a mate the other week. it has a large range of mods and i got it at a reasonable price due to it being unregistered. He had owned the car for a few years, but wasnt massively into cars. It came to an abrupt hault when he got defected for too low after just installing brand new bc coilovers... Due to his lack of motivation for the car to be on the road and going overseas and stuff, the car sat in storage for almost a year. So i picked it up the other week, and drove it to my garage where i work on my cars. Below ive posted a current mod list, it has lots of goodies which was almost too much for me, but it will be good in the long run.

Current Mods:

rebuilt blacktop sr20det

garrett t28 ball bearing turbz

dr drift daughter board ecu tuned at 198rwkw

brand new hks evc6 boost controller with hand new z32 afm

front mount intercooler acid dipped to clean the crap out/off it

greddy catch can metal intake pipe

blitz pod filter

metal intake pipe

aloy radiator

split dump pipe

3" zorst with dump stile muffler so not to loud and discrete

oil filter relocation kit with oil cooler front mounted

bosch 910 external fuel pump 450hp

jap s15 480cc injectors

engine brace

modified vn thermo fan

turbosmart plumbback bov blocked off

drive line:

BC coils

aftermarket camber, castor and tie rods arms all pilow mounted

tie rod spacers

r32 skyline front brakes

proffesionaly welded r180 diff with 4'3 ratios plus some others

s14 box

rear subframe pinapples now soild bushs

heavy duty button clutch

front and rear strut braces

exterior:

two tone champaine over grey

new rear window seals

repaired front window seals

new wipper blades

jap 17"x8 and 17"x9 rims

granador mirrors

rare wind deflector

new clear front bar indicators

new clear corner lamps/indicators

j's square headlights

interior:

new s15 front seats

drift shift light

nardi steering wheel

3X genuwine greddy oil press, oil temp, water temp white face gauges with sencors

hks evc6 control unit

sony head unit

alpine type s 6" fronts

alpine 6x9" rears

drift hand brake

Plans for the build:

The main aim for this build is to make an (almost) legal street car that i can have abit of fun with in the hills(not drifting), go to meets, really nice clean s13 that i am proud to drive around and something that will make me happy whenever i drive it. A lot of people are against street cars now due to our harsh road rules and laws, but this car will only be a weekender. The look i am going for is an oldschool usdm inspired onevia. For those that dont know, it will basically have the roof racks, lowish, balloon tires on 15's, front lip, etc, but i want to keep it simple and old. If any of you are like me, as soon as i had the idea of buying the car in my head i just went crazy(cray cray) and started buying stuff, before i had even put a deposit on the car. hahah

The beginning:

The first thing i began to to with the car was take off all the parts i didnt want...

This consisted of

s15 front seats

weathershields

Weds wheels

FMIC

BOV

POD

s13 front end

carbon boot

I sold the parts and started looking for replacements for them all to suit my style/needs.

Parts aquired so far:

So i set off looking on Yahoo Japan for wheels first, cos lets be honest wheels make a car and it would be a good start to the build seeing as tho the car currently had poor offset and sized wed's wheels.

I found some SSR MKII in 15x7.5+6 and 15x8+13 which i quite liked, so i contacted Jesse streeter and we got the ball rolling. i ended up winning the wheels for abit less than i thought they wre going to go for. Which is always a good thing. So they are on the way over from Japland now. :)

I got a ripper deal on a whole 180 front from a guy up in the hills, who was parting a whole 180 for a track car, he gave me all the panels, lights, fuseboxes, looms, etc which i needed for the conversion. I am still yet to put it on because there are a few things i need to fix first.

I got an r32 gtr sway bar off my cousin for the rear to stiffen that up abit.

Pignose front bar and ca front lip, both genuine.

Apexi turnflow FMIC

standard air box

R32 gtst front seats

Nismo aero skirts for s13

Standard mirrors

GK tech radiator overflow bottle

GK tech radiator shroud

Also currently have a mate over in the us who may "aquire" some californian plates for me... could be a good little touch to the car at the end. :P

i attached some pics of the car as i bought it, and the wheels, new fmic, and what i hope it will turn out like.

Parts still needed:

Origin roof spoiler

jdm square fog lights for inside the front bar

Tires for the ssr's

Thule Roof racks with a custom wind fairing

Change front brakes back to standard sr to clear the wheels.

Will keep updating as i go. Hope you enjoy the build as much as i hope to. Jack.

post-71352-0-04349800-1347852551_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-48328000-1347853575_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-08588000-1347853583_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-19462500-1347853783_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-67335400-1347854031_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-43163400-1347872408_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-45124800-1347872420_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack_1

if onyl i could read your profile... still dunno who it is :( damn snwfek

Haha just look at his build may just give it away

How do you plan on making it almost legal and look good on 15's?

Don't put roof racks on it.

Edited by frenchie1001

baloon tires! depending on wether i get club rego or not will change the height of the car probably... haha roof racks = baws.

if onyl i could read your profile... still dunno who it is :( damn snwfek

Haha just look at his build may just give it away

i cant find it :(

roof racks are only baws when there used...

build has potential. but being on dope 15s myself, no way can a street car be low enough to pull them off. my shits slammed and struggles on a track.

good luck, ill be watching this one haha

ahhh its f**kin alex peeman! hahah

Cheers WPN-X7.. i was actually gonna buy ur onevia when i was looking around for cars, was gonna come over, i think u ended up wanting to keep the car or something!?!?! cant quite remember....

but yeh, being on 15's will be interesting. i think ill go 195/60 just so it doesnt have to be as ridiculously slammed sa with 55's still probs will be slammed in the end anyway. we shall see. wheels are on the way, 6-9 weeks and ill start testing heights and stuff out.

got some goodies off gk tech, replacement radiator overflow bottle and a radiator cover/shroud. Should clean up the engine bay a fair bit.

post-71352-0-83412100-1348121448_thumb.jpg

but yeh, being on 15's will be interesting. i think ill go 195/60 just so it doesnt have to be as ridiculously slammed sa with 55's still probs will be slammed in the end anyway. we shall see. wheels are on the way, 6-9 weeks and ill start testing heights and stuff out.

I got 15s on 195/60 man, it was struggle town having it slammed as a daily. Was about 50mm off deck from rails and beached it over a few speed humps and shit. Eventually got told by a cop to raise it because he was surprised I could even get it out of the driveway and it felt way better at 130mm haha. But f**k, they look so good slammed, I miss it a little bit.

get club rego or not

1987 S13?

I got 15s on 195/60 man, it was struggle town having it slammed as a daily. Was about 50mm off deck from rails and beached it over a few speed humps and shit. Eventually got told by a cop to raise it because he was surprised I could even get it out of the driveway and it felt way better at 130mm haha. But f**k, they look so good slammed, I miss it a little bit.

yeh i will test it when i get the wheels and shit. i think ill have to go 195/60 just so it gives me a little bit more height than if i had the 55's like i orginally planned.

yeh 1987 is this yr, but in a few months 1988 is 25 years, they started making them in 1988... got a loop hole through the system i believe with a mate... will be interesting to see if it works for a nissan. haha has worked with bmw's and stuff before.

Intradesting, is that because there's no actual build plate on them?

You going to track this at all? And what's happening/happened to the 32, fix the overheating issue and replace the box?

Intradesting, is that because there's no actual build plate on them?

im not sure exactly. all i inow is that my mate may have a loop hole through it and he will try get my sil through. hoping it works like it has previously. if not. ill legit rego it for a couple of years till i can get club rego legit.

RYAN I HATE YOU! :)

and snwfek - alex peeman i blew up that motor and box last winton i went to, so it needs a new 25 motor and box... and all new turbo, gate, tune, injectors, cage, etc... gonna cost abit so i bought this as a part time project and streeter. this sil wont be slid at all. just want something i can have fun with driving around etc.

Got abit done on the sil this arvo... i started with switching over the mirrors to the standard ones, still need to wire them in. but at least they are on...

i changed the interior center console and dash surround because some moron had previously painted it silver. so replaced with the black ones in mint cond i got off a mate. Just need to change the one around the cluster now.. I also put my r32 seats in, interior is coming together really nicely. Im going to get the door cards re trimmed in coal colourd cloth to match the dash mat i have bought and am waiting for and change the shift knob and drift button then that should be it for the interior.

I started putting on the 180 front end. so i fitted the guards and lights.. i removed some parts and gave them a quick coat of black paint, so the previous colour didnt come through when u open the bonnet and have a good look in the engine bay.. will look alot nicer for $5 and 30 mins of time... wacked some of the parts on a realised i had an sr front reo. so i nede to get a ca one for the pignose bar... then it is almost ready for the wiring to begin tomorrow which a mate is helping me with. the guy i got the front end off was wrecking his 180 so ihe gave me all the looms and fue boxes which will be a massive help.

Tomrrow after i finish this gey uni crap im gonna get started on the wiring with my mate helping me. and hopefully finish off the front end conversion if i find a reo..

Its coming along pretty quickly, i cant wait for the wheels to get here...

Also went up the hills the other night with some guys.. made me want to push to get this car on the road so i can go join in... dont think ill skid it.. but just cant wait to be involved in the street scene again what is the roots of our sport.

post-71352-0-51989600-1348308588_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-84733700-1348308604_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-10614600-1348308618_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-37517300-1348308630_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-91263600-1348308643_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-63313300-1348308660_thumb.jpg

So i started the wiring with a mate yesterday on the conversion for the 180 front... i must say, HOLY f**k i got no idea how the wiring loom to a car work and f**k learning it. lol lucky roman is helping me with it after he recently re did his whole loom or else i would be screwed.

Also worked on getting the lights properly fitted up and aligning the guards and stuff.. found the hinges on the doors to be completely shagged. so i will need to replace them $30 from nissan appaarently.

THE LIST has began to grow though thats for sure... added heaps more stuff the more i pull apart the car..

re trim door cards, rear sway bar bushes for the gtr sway bar, finish replace gear knob, door bolts for hinges, change front brakes to sr brakes to clear the 15's, tires for the ssr's, fmic piping, s15 intake pipe to fit air box, roll guards and respray whole car, fix the aero skirts and pignose bar.... and tahts just stuff off the top of my head. hahah

its coming along tho thats for sure.

looks shit, doesn't even have back doors.

u look shit. hahah my cars gonna be cooler than urs soon ur just jealous!

when are you adding the back doors?

until it has 4 doors don't talk to me

i like this man. i've always wanted to do pignose front on my 2 tone s13!!

havent been able to find a cheap pignose front bar though :/

can't wait to see how it turns out!

Edited by Machinegun Mike

cheers, should turn out pretty nice i hope with the two tone champagne over grey and the pignose/ca lip and aero skirts and slammed on the ssr's...

THE SSR's ARE ON THE WAY FROM JAPAN AS WE SPEAK!!!! hopefully they take the minimum 6 weeks to get here. so i can fit tires and get an idea of what the car will sit like so i can paint it in the next couple of months. WOO!!!!

hahaha.. nah f**k that... i want it all working mint.. it could have been alot easier tho if i mounted different lights infront of the rad support and then put a silvia bonnet on it. but it looks to illegal and pox for a clean street car.

bit of an update... i bought some more parts yesterday for the sil... bought standard ca front bar indicators and the front bar foam i think i needed and a intake hose for the cooler piping i also needed. so more parts to get ready to go on in the next couple of weeks :)

i ALSO got those Cali plates i was telling everyone about off my mate, he sent these back from the states for me... he said some Land Rover Sport donated them in la or something :P haha

i also saw this f**king cool tree today.. great combination of the synthetic between man and mature. cray shit! haha

sooo hopefully me and roman finish doing the 180 front wiring soon and i can get started on putting stuff back on... :)

post-71352-0-86470600-1349255157_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-91003800-1349255307_thumb.jpg

post-71352-0-71028400-1349255319_thumb.jpg