Sign in to follow this  
robbo_rb180

S14 daily/part time drifter. Now back in Qld.

so here's my new daily '95 adm s14

after all the drama i have had with my sil80 http://www.nissansil...1&hl=sil80&st=0 decided it was time to get something that was built and ready to go.

this had been advertised at work for a while and after debating whether to get another s chasis or try something new. decided to have a look at it one arvo. after a quick look over and a test drive, i was sold.

the paints a bit rough and it needs a rear seat, seat beltsand a power window switch but with all the extras it was worth the money.

01102012294.jpg

01102012300.jpg

so whats it got:

Engine: 220@18psi tuned by East Coast Customs

full hks 2540 kit

3 inch exhaust

hybrid fmic

oil cooler and relo kit

sard 550's

walbro 460L pump

link g4 plugin

yelow jacket coil packs

Handling:

tein ha coilovers

whiteline adjustable sway bars

whiteline front strut brace

R32 GTR brakes all round with dba 4000 series rotors all round,

braided brake lines

gktech camber, toe and castor

new bushes in rear

Inside:

defi triple din gauge

b&m short shifter

sparco steering wheel

Outside:

Navan kit

R33 GTR wheels 17x9 +30

ku36 235 and 255

winton 8.jpg

Edited by robbo_rb180

so after a week and a bit of sitting in the shed its now registered :thumb: passed straight up so pretty happy with that.

the reason it took so long is i decided to head down to matsuri on wednesday night so 18 hours and 1500km of driving later i was sitting in brisbane. did the usual run around chasing everything i needed from the wreckers for both the cars.

after going to short track friday and matsuri, i can't wait to get back down to brissy. was one of the best weekends i have had for a long time.

while it was getting a rwc decided to put it on the dyno to check the tune. first run at 14psi it pulled 168kw and pretty rich so decided to give it 17psi and reeled off 178kw with no timing and still rich. told the tuner give it a few degrees timing and tidy up the fuel up top and straight up 192 kw. after fiddling and tidying up the fuel map netted a healthy 199kw @ 17psi all the way til limiter with a fat torque band which i was chasing.

when i got home found a box at the door with my strut tops from frsport.

finshed up fitting the new camber tops and gktech adjustable arms ready for an alignment in morning

while the wheels were off noticed an adaptor so the car runs 324mmfront rotors so there won't be a need for a front upgrade.

rear

11102012313.jpg

front brake adaptor

12102012315.jpg

front

12102012316.jpg

hey dude, nice set up you got there. question in regards FMIC!

cold side small nipple ----->> wastegate acuator?

cold side big nipple ----->> idle control valve?

what did u do with the stock solenoid piping? and the lines coming off that and the airfilter piping??

^^ sounds right. this was all done before i got so all the solenoid stuff is gone

update time

stole the seats from the sil80 and put them in and got an alignment, so it drives straight now

had the last round of the bituman sprints a few weekends ago and it didn't go so well

i started to have a misfire issue a few days before and it slowly got worse. could only drive the car a few minutes at a time. but i did mange to set a new pb of 44.67 on my 2nd lap, so was pretty stoked but after that the car wouldn't rev or boost.

had it looked at by my tuner the last few days and it goes alright on the dyno but on the street its stuffed. issue is how the microtech is piggybacked to the standard ecu. so tomorrow morning i am picking up a new link g4 with ignitor and expansion loom.

plan is to set it up with boost control and pinch the wideband from the sil80 and get it all going by satday night to do the cruise map before getting it dyno'd during the week.

besides that little issue it was going well, am enjoying having a reasonably quiet car with aircon.

got a few more bits i'll probably take off the sil80 like the defi din and r33 rear brake setup.

pics from sprints

sprints 2012 1.jpg

sprints 2012 2.jpg

will put up more pics after ecu install tomorrow

Edited by robbo_rb180

wel after bludging satday finally got into putting in the link.

cut out the microjunk

11112012349.jpg

took the factory board out of the case and put in the link with expansion loom

11112012350.jpg

all installed, not that neat but will fix that up once its running

11112012351.jpg

just waiting on the laptop to charge and then i'll get it running, will probably start tuning tomorrow night

ohhhh yeah, looks good man.. im gonna be wiring in my microjunk this weekend, make sure you remember which one was mine!!! hahahaha

a bit of an update on the daily.

got it tuned a month ago made more power on less boost and is much better to drive. still have to fine tune cruise load points as its a bit fuelly.

drove it for a day and the issue i had came back, turns out some bright spark had left rubber hose in the fuel tank. so hose dissolved in fuel so bits of hose went through fuel pump :rant:put in a new walbro 355 and no more issues. took it for a drive down to bowen over the weekend and it goes well up the highway.

also took defi din out of the other car and put it in and have also started to tidy up the engine bay to make it standard again.

Hey bro. If you after a rear seat still let me know. I have one from my s14a that is immaculate that I just wanna get rid of.

I got some s14a high spec leather interior so I just want it gone.

Let me know if ya keen bro.

Hey bro. If you after a rear seat still let me know. I have one from my s14a that is immaculate that I just wanna get rid of.

I got some s14a high spec leather interior so I just want it gone.

Let me know if ya keen bro.

thanks for the offer i got one a few months ago. what bits of the leather interior you got?

so update time on this rig,

tidied up the engine bay and painted the pipes black, fitted a std airbox & snorkel with a k&n filter and fitted a gktech neck spacer and temp sender for the water temp for the defi's.

P2120278.JPG

and went for a drive to port douglas and back, did about 1200km. found some great roads up a few hills and along the coast

Capt Cook Highway lookout.jpg

then some genius decided to back into the front of the car and do a runner. got home and fixed it so it doesn't look as bad but still need a new bumper and headlight.

did a full service monday ready for the drive to brisbane tomorrow. will get a tune and will be hitting up QR drift prac and a sprint day over the next week should be fun.

got the car retuned today by east coast customs.

straight up it made 188kw@15psi after a tidy up of the maps made 220kw@18psi. its alot nicer to drive and went down to option1garage and fitted up some atr's.

its now all ready to go for archy & QR prac at the end of the week.

Edited by robbo_rb180

hit up archerfield thursday night, first time drifting and had a great night. car was great and had zero issues.

car now has some extra paint on the rear bar after i tagged a barrier

archy 1.jpg

archy 4.jpg

tonight did QR. again had a heap of fun , car was faultless.

can't wait to get back down here so i can do it all again.

so after heading back to townsville to pack my shit up for the big move to victoria got back down to brissy last friday. drove all night so i could make it too friday night drift prac at QR.

had a good night again, was good to get onto a dry track finally. had a few small issues but sorted them out quickly. ended up off the track a few times

bought a set of skid rims during the week for next friday prac.

hopefully in a month or 2 i'll have the sil80 ready for a winton prac day so i don't wreck this one

Good to hear man.. Where's the pics at?

Good to hear man.. Where's the pics at?

give me a few weeks, will hopefully have some.

did friday night at QR a few weeks ago, had a blast. car was awesome, helped running 205/50/16. finally started using 3rd gear out of dipper into turns 4 & 5.

then drove to albury the next day.

registered for vicdrift prac day on 11th May at winton. going to try some 215/45/17 and get another alignment.

probably will be the last day i do so i can save some $$$ to finish off the other rig.

spent satday getting the car ready for winton this weekend. got some new 215/45/17 hopefully they'll last me all day and a new 1kg fire extinguisher as the old one got knocked off .

vicdrift regs are crazy, they need to take a page out of archerfields book and chill.

hopefully I won't add more marks to the paint

2013-05-04-050.jpg

Winton was great, had a few off track excursions. overall it was good day, just sucks that you only get 2hrs track time

first 2 sessions were pretty average and the last two I felt were heaps better used 3rd gear the whole time.

car had an issue of pushing coolant into the overflow but wouldn't suck it back in so i'll look at that today and rebleed the system.

here's a few pics, got some video that needs to be edited

winton 3.jpg

winton 8.jpg

winton 7.jpg

Edited by robbo_rb180

looks like you got your self a good set up going on keep am eye on that gk tech stuff camber arms ect..

looks like you got your self a good set up going on keep am eye on that gk tech stuff camber arms ect..

thanks, haven't had an issue with the new v2 stuff.

fitted up the meisters off the sil80, put gtr seats back in and gave it a wash.

getting a wheel alignment and gearbox fluid done during the week so its good to go for winton on the 13th.

s14 meisters.jpg

went to winton a few weeks back for another prac day, went pretty well. started to use the clutch alot more to initiate.

broke a tie rod end and the throw out bearing is pretty noise now too. going to wait a while now before i do another day going to try and save some some dollars for a road trip back upto Qld to get some decent track time as i get 4 times the track time for under half the dollars up there.

a few snaps from the day

13jul13 02.png

13jul13 09.jpg

you're a drift king now bro.. full drift king..

been a while since i updated this, haven't done anything to it but drive it and service it.

got defected a few months ago was easy fix just removed bov.

went to a primal drift day at shepparton, was a great day didn't take enough tyres and had to drive home on a delaminated set.

today hit up a local motorkhana, had a heap of fun killed a new set of tyres.

also decided to sell this rig so i can finish off the sil80, so if ya keen pm me.

so haven't been able to sell this so decided to go drifting.

10365820_220619741481484_8441713705755386572_n.jpg

had a good day, was able to link the track we have here in wodonga.

driving has improved a lot and getting more confident to throw the car in with a bit of speed.

the last corner is awesome can't wait for the next event if we can have one again as the owners weren't happy with the noise.

looks like the syncros have gone in the box so have had to be gentle with it since.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=790945357583003&set=vb.100000026398820&type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=790939224250283&set=vb.100000026398820&type=2&theater

its been a while so time for an update.

killed the clutch and gearbox back in late june so had Donny rebuild the box and supply a npc clutch. got it all back in and still had issues, checked out the pedal and i had broken most of the welds :doh:

had a set of s15 pedals laying around so they went in and car has been driving great since.

also bought a 33 gtr in May to part out, put the seats, stereo and gear knob in this rig. has improved the interior a lot.

replaced the front brakes with the old 32gtr stuff from the sil80.

fitted up the gtr wheels with ku36

so thats whats been happening, have booked a spot on the 15th December at Queensland Raceway for all day X-mas bash.

this weekend will be doing rear cradle and diff bushes, r33 rear brake conversion and a service it ready for the trip upto Queensland, should be a great day and hopefully get back to Archerfield for at least one night.

s14 with gtr wheels 3.jpg

Edited by robbo_rb180

just got back from holidays so time for a decent update.

finished the bushes and rear brake conversion.

air chisel is definately the easiest way to get the cradle bushes out

DSC_0120.JPG

started holidays 4 weeks ago by driving upto Queensland straigt after work, loaded the car up with all my wheels, spares and other junk for the track days.DSC_0253.JPG

monday went out to QR for all day bash and had a blast, driving was consistant and had the confidence to throw it in at speed. drove the whole day and only issues were rubbing through the washer hose and bonnet cable.

QR 1.jpg

QR 2.jpg

went back out there for friday night drift prac and was finally able to link turn 3, crossover and turn 6. Am pretty happy with my driving now just need to start tandeming and getting a bit more speed into the corners.

before i headed up there i had a bought navan front bar and skirts so went down to see the guys at JDM garage to pick them up and they also had a set of pods so grabbed them to. fixed up the bonnet cable and hose, rerouted the loom over the top of the guard and fitted up the kit :D

DSC_0284.JPG

navan side 2.jpg

did organiseto have the car painted this week but fell through due the painter having family issues so have organised it for sometime in April.

had a colour picked but after heading to Summernats for work and talking to the house of kolor rep, am almost certain i'll paint it this colour now

New colour.jpg

thats where i am at with the car now, have decided to stop drifting this rig as it is in too good condition to wreck and can't do anymore events for a while.

plan is for later in the year to respray, get wheels fixed up and powder coated (maybe a light bronze), find some boot trims and just enjoy it as a neat daily.

wow, thats going to be an amazing color !

Are you still a Victorian or a QLD'er your threads are like QLD post, Vic Post, QLD post, Vic post hahaha!