Sign in to follow this  
millerman

Laser pointers

Does anyone know where/if you can get the green powerful laser pointers in/to Adelaide?

I bought one in Bali and it was so good haha but unfortunately got it taken away in customs :(

Pm me if you have contacts.

Cheers

I have one. Just wanted to brag :P

p.s. You can't bring them in unless you are very sneaky. I disassembled mine and put the parts in with my shaver and electric tooth brush. You won't get them in via postal order either. Customs will tell you they are testing its output then send you the results which of course will show that they are 49mw over the legal limit of 1mw.

Yeah I was going to try that but being first time overseas didn't have the balls lol

I'll buy it off ya ;)

Yeah mine was 50mw

Gotta a nice a4 certificate to go with it haha

I cant sell it! Always provides entertainment at parties. Just have to be careful not to let knob heads use it. A brother of a mate began beaming it into car windows at night on Main North Road immediately after I let him have a crack. I lost my shit at him and then made him sit in his car while I stood back 100m and aimed it through his window to show him why what he was doing was retarded.

my brother got his one from ebay, it got through customs?

this one is already in aus

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Stylish-532nm-Green-Laser-Pointer-Light-Pen-Lazer-Beam-1mW-High-Power-/110927559203?pt=AU_LaserPointers&hash=item19d3cc3a23

i might be talking about the wrong ones,you looking for one with heaps of power?

Edited by Barbie princess

I cant sell it! Always provides entertainment at parties. Just have to be careful not to let knob heads use it. A brother of a mate began beaming it into car windows at night on Main North Road immediately after I let him have a crack. I lost my shit at him and then made him sit in his car while I stood back 100m and aimed it through his window to show him why what he was doing was retarded.

sounds almost a dumb as the losers that point them at landing aircraft :hammer:

Arnt lazer pointers now banned anyway in Aus now?

my brother got his one from ebay, it got through customs?

this one is already in aus

http://www.ebay.com....hash=item19d3cc3a23

i might be talking about the wrong ones,you looking for one with heaps of power?

That one is legal.

Anything over 1mw is illegal. The ones millerman and I are talking about are 50mw. They emit an intense green beam as far as the eye can see and supposedly have a range of 15000ft. They easily reflect off clouds and the beam can be seen at close range in day light.

my father in law has one thats apparently over the legal power and he got it from an astronomy shop (proper telescope type shop). Since no kids are going to go into the shop, they trust the old boys who buy them wont be getting up to any mischief.

had mates order them off a website. 150/200mw ones. they got through customs.

sometimes you get lucky

Was going to buy one of these, then decided that it was probs too dangerous lol... drunk mates and all...

I didn't realise it would be such a hassle getting one in...

buy parts and build your own.

i've toyed with the idea of making a "laser lighter"

I got mine through customs no problem, it's 1000mW green. Green ones are a bit rarer cause of the internals to get the wavelength

Edit:

I can use it to light a cigarette aswell

Edited by -cj

you can get them if you have a valid reason ie astronomy/building/engineers etc.

i got a 100mw green one somewhere, got it before they went nanny on them.

twin city camera house can get them, but you need credentials, cos you go on a register or something. they're classified as a prohibited weapon

Use to own one before it was banned. I shined one on my dad when he was on the other side of the street at night in his car (it was planned), he said his whole window was green and was completely blinded (the dot gets wider the further away you point it).

Sucks people abuse it though. Hey the worst i did was shine it in hotel rooms or houses, but i guess people wanna bring down planes <_>

p.s. You can't bring them in unless you are very sneaky. I disassembled mine and put the parts in with my shaver and electric tooth brush. You won't get them in via postal order either. Customs will tell you they are testing its output then send you the results which of course will show that they are 49mw over the legal limit of 1mw.

Friend of mine who knows someone in Customs was told that most of that sort of hardware finds its way into employees pockets. He was importing 3 for a science class (legal) and only one made its way through customs. All three were tested, but two magically disappeared. Customs. lol. On the bright side, if we were in South Africa, nothing of value would arrive at its destination.

Edited by pmod

On a side note, Wallace Bishop's wife imports commercial quantities of dildos. Contacts in customs told me that. Carry on

Friend of mine who knows someone in Customs was told that most of that sort of hardware finds its way into employees pockets. He was importing 3 for a science class (legal) and only one made its way through customs. All three were tested, but two magically disappeared. Customs. lol. On the bright side, if we were in South Africa, nothing of value would arrive at its destination.

thats probably where my old mans ones ended up. He tried getting a few through.

my brother got his one from ebay, it got through customs? this one is already in aus http://www.ebay.com....hash=item19d3cc3a23 i might be talking about the wrong ones,you looking for one with heaps of power?
That one is legal. Anything over 1mw is illegal. The ones millerman and I are talking about are 50mw. They emit an intense green beam as far as the eye can see and supposedly have a range of 15000ft. They easily reflect off clouds and the beam can be seen at close range in day light.
yeah i realise now, i can't imagine how powerful those ones would be.