Sign in to follow this  
Laundo

Iron Man 3

Saw the preview last night on imdb.com.

I've liked the iron man movies, I think the mix of smartass ism and action make for good viewing.

looking forward to seeing it next year

• Upvote 1

Went and seen Iron Man 3 last night in the Delux cinema ............Fricken AWESOME !!! ...ok , let me start off that if you dont watch it very carefully you miss alot of how it all goes and the movie wont make much sense , the movie seemed to have a Deep and Meaningful side to it this time around , and Stark isnt his normal self . the movie carried well and there was some great action in it , it tied in really well with the Avengers in the way of what it was like after the New York . Stark is suffering a little after taking such a big hit in the Avengers , but any way there are alot of clues that pop up dureing the movie you really need to keep an eye out for . you need to be a big fan of the series and be up with the history of all the charectors involved .

the movie seemed a little slow in places and didnt make much sense til later in the movie , but i think it was just time for you to think about some of the stuff that revealed its self ealier . pepper in the film looks Hot and does some crazy stuff that seemed a little beyond her charector . As for the Villan of the movie you will be shocked as to how it comes about , but in over all of this movie if your a die hard fan you will really DIG IT !! and you will be left going Oh Shit !! thats what that was about and that s how its going to go , I wont reveal any thing about the movie other than the fact you going to like it . My wife sat through it last night with me and not being a big Avengers fan , she still loved this movie .

My Vote would be 7/10 as some of the movie could have been changed to be better suited to all that went on

I thought it wasn't as good as 1 and 2

I didn't like what they did to the manderin... Pretty far away from the source material.. That said, I really enjoyed the movie and recommend anyone that has seen the previous movies give it a look

I thought it wasn't as good as 1 and 2

You have to remember , that with these type of movies , there not based years apart , they have kept going with iron man really well as this takes place just after the new York attack in the Avengers , and it shows Tony Stark clearly shattered afte a big hit .

and his suit quite clearly battered and wearing the scars of war . and wasnt all shinny and brand new wich I thought was a good touch to the movie as well . As for the Mandarin , I thought the way they did that was brilliant , you never suspected it til later in the movie as to how it came about , but I had a sneaky feeling about who was behind it , and how his army came to be after the night in Switzerland ....remember the plant that went boom :)

I went into this movie with an open mind; not being prejudice against mainstream superhero movies. But it was just as horrible, generic and predictable as expected.

The theme and feel of the movie is all over the place. One minute something serious happens regarding a bombing, smash cut to an attempted witty one liner. Are we meant to be taking this movie seriously or as a joke! Continuity is also disjointed. All of a sudden random people know how to fight like a superhero, billions of dollars of research and equipment are blown up for pretty firework like explosions, and one minute the ironman suit is pretty much indestructible, then it can be ripped off the protagonists by mere civilians.

The movie should have been called 'Ironman: low battery'. The entire movie Stark is trying to find enough charge to keep his suit functional. And no, it's not because it uses some fancy power source. Simply hooking it up to a car battery is sufficient. How can such an advanced suit be developed, but not a proper power source! Also, where is the US military! The bad guys seem to be able to fly around the country shooting at ironman with no worry of being shot down or attacked by America's military.

Lastly, talk about a pro-American movie. If I didn't know better, I would have thought this movie was produced by American news channels combined with the government. Everything has an undertone of 'America, we are the best'. The 'bad guy' is a Middle Eastern terrorist, surprise surprise. This is almost a movie to justify America trying to be the world police.

Clearly these are not my type of movies, but it's exactly like every other superhero movie where you have bad guys, good guys and you already know who's going to win.

Edited by steveP

I went into this movie with an open mind; not being prejudice against mainstream superhero movies. But it was just as horrible, generic and predictable as expected.

The theme and feel of the movie is all over the place. One minute something serious happens regarding a bombing, smash cut to an attempted witty one liner. Are we meant to be taking this movie seriously or as a joke! Continuity is also disjointed. All of a sudden random people know how to fight like a superhero, billions of dollars of research and equipment are blown up for pretty firework like explosions, and one minute the ironman suit is pretty much indestructible, then it can be ripped off the protagonists by mere civilians.

The movie should have been called 'Ironman: low battery'. The entire movie Stark is trying to find enough charge to keep his suit functional. And no, it's not because it uses some fancy power source. Simply hooking it up to a car battery is sufficient. How can such an advanced suit be developed, but not a proper power source! Also, where is the US military! The bad guys seem to be able to fly around the country shooting at ironman with no worry of being shot down or attacked by America's military.

Lastly, talk about a pro-American movie. If I didn't know better, I would have thought this movie was produced by American news channels combined with the government. Everything has an undertone of 'America, we are the best'. The 'bad guy' is a Middle Eastern terrorist, surprise surprise. This is almost a movie to justify America trying to be the world police.

Clearly these are not my type of movies, but it's exactly like every other superhero movie where you have bad guys, good guys and you already know who's going to win.

firstly : unlike other super hero style of movies , this one actually carried on from the avengers wich i thought was a great way to continue Iron Man , just as it basically had continued from Iron Man 2 to the Avengers then to Iron Man 3

secondly : the plot of the movie didnt seem to make sense when they cut back to 1999 in Sweden , but when you look at the girl he was rootin and her scientific discovery , then insteps Guy Pierce as a nerdy guy with a scientific break through for wich Stark had no idea of investigating , shoot forward to the future . Stark is clearly battle scared by what happened in New York and his favorite suite clearly suffering from battle fatigue

thirdly: the Attack on his home was was unexpected to say the least but obviously the Villian wanted Stark out of the way to make way for his own Agenda so after being invited by Stark to come to his home they did , destroying all in there path .

fourthly : The Villian in this movie is only portrayed as being middle eastern but is clearly just a pommy actor covering for Guy Pierce ( American scientist) as he tries to get his point across

Fifth: the Iron Man suit does have a sophisticated power source , but why it was never fixed after the battle in New York Im not sure . the system basically ran his command , but clearly had issues when it came to doing any thing more . when it came to power the suit it wasnt clearly that a car battery with do , with its electronics it simply used it as a power source to try to power up the best he could wich you see later as he has troubles with it working , and the internal power source juggles with charging it up .

lastly : The whole movie is about a Billionaire who lives in America , who has a marine best mate who goes by the book who do battle together against the attacks that fall on there home ground so yes Im sure the movie would portray the USA as a great land and not to be messed with

in no way is my opinion against any one elses on here this is simply an over view of how I see this type of movie , and only a general discussion on the quote above .

Yeah I understand all of that. The plot elements weren't all that tricky to figure out. They were just predictable and boring. I just expected more from a mega budget Hollywood film. Superhero movies are meant to be full of action, over the top and scenes that should wow you. This did none of that.

And of course this follows on from the previous movies in the franchise, it's their cash cow. They know pumping these movies out without much effort to story development is making them 100s of millions.

Edited by steveP

I was a little let down but I probably expected too much. If you expect no more than another movie tacked onto the marvel series then you probably wont be disappointed.

I'd say it was better than the 2nd but not as good as the first. About on par with Avengers.

I think the elements were there to make something better. It sort of reminded me of a low rent batman without the execution, but really it's a popcorn film that will entertain kids and those with low attention spans and will sell like hotcakes. Obviously it keeps it light hearted for it's target audience. I think the bad guy's powers were really clever and so was his leverage later in the film. The anxiety thing had potential too. Shame he never really had any justification for why he was mr evil bad guy and the leverage and anxiety thing never really panned out.

If you're picking on a mainstream popcorn movie for technical plausibility then I think you're probably expecting too much. My friend pointed out after the movie that each individual piece of armor that flies all over the country couldn't possibly carry enough propellant individually and that the suit flying as a whole connected would have been much more believable. I said he's over thinking it. Save the analysis for films worth analysing.

Edited by S3 TRXTC