Sign in to follow this  
Laundo

Disney and Star Wars

Disney has bought out George lucas and all of his property ( ie star wars, the indianna jones franchise, Skywalker sound blah blah blah )

have already announced that they intend to make another three star wars films as a Trilogy ( eps VII, VIII, and IX ) due to be in cinema's

within three years.

Article here : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zaki-hasan/disney-buys-star-wars_b_2052574.html

Edited by Dandrenat
  • Upvote 1

I think this will be hit with a LOT of mixed emotions from people.

I can see why Disney would want to do it as it has money maker written all over it. But I think they have really set such a short time frame

in which to write and produce something that would not dissapoint the fan base.

At the end of the day i believe the Die hard Star Wars FANS will watch this no matter how much they hate the idea, Just because it is Star Wars

I don't think it's really a big thing that Disney bought them out, considering what Disney owns these days and what's been produced under them... Disney does own Marvel for instance.

All I can say is that I hope the new trilogy follows the Yuuzhan Vong saga, as that's pretty much the main think of interest that Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo have done. It's a large story line though so might not be possible over three movies produced in such a short amount of time.

I think its a good move, George would have had to pass the buck one day. The Avengers was awesome so this could be a good move. Kathleen Kennedy is more then suited too.

My only wish, is that they put Kyle Katarn as one of the main characters in the next trilogy.

It could possibly put an end to George making his "changes", and maybe Disney will put out the original cuts of 4, 5, and 6. Here's hoping.

Edited by _R_J_K_

as long as george lucas has nothing to do with it, it'll be arite.

like look at indiana jones...

from what i saw George will still have input into the movies.

he just wont be the controlling factor

It's widely known that the die hard fans only recognise episodes 4, 5, and 6 :P

If they do decide to make more movies, I really hope they don't go batshit with the CG, and keep it looking like it did with 4, 5, and 6.

It's widely known that the die hard fans only recognise episodes 4, 5, and 6 :P

If they do decide to make more movies, I really hope they don't go batshit with the CG, and keep it looking like it did with 4, 5, and 6.

Agreed. My one demand is that it feature Chewbacca!!!! And not the ghey CG Chewbacca, I'm talking old school tall guy in a suit!!!!

Edited by Wannabe S14/15 owner