Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

World War Z

Ever wanted to see a high budget zombie movie?

Well this is for you.

Looks good. Needs more zombies though.

It looks pretty decent and the zombies look like they're similar to 28 Days Later, not the slow shuffling ones.

Doing a bit of research, it's based off this novel. I wouldn't read too much about it as you might ruin the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z

Apparently it was due to release around now, but they had to rewrite and film the ending. Don't know if that's a good or bad sign.

That was weird. With the zombies being so fast and running over each other. I guess though that's the only way to make the idea of a zombie apocalypse plausible.

Speaking about zombie, Lori is dead. Finally. Oh and that useless nigger aswell.

I havent read it, but have a mate who was very excitied till they revealed the zombies were "runners" Apparently 99% of the appeal / suspense in the books was that they could only walk.... the terror being there was so many, overwhelming etc. I dont like the idea of zombies being able to run either... will probably still give it a look...

Speaking about zombie, Lori is dead. Finally. Oh and that useless nigger aswell.

Spoiler alert!

Max Brooks, who wrote the book "World War Z", also wrote a book called "The Zombie Survival Guide" (which is jizz worthy IMO), but any way, he details in the book Zombie Survival Guide when writing about their movements that they CAN NOT RUN, they are restricted to a slow walk/ shuffle. So the fact that the zombies in his book world war z and the move is kinda condescending i reckon. My 2 cents..

Yeah the book is amazing...if you didn't know the premise of the trailer it'd actually be hard to figure out this was even about zombies at all.

Yeah the book is amazing...if you didn't know the premise of the trailer it'd actually be hard to figure out this was even about zombies at all.

^^

I saw the trailer and was probably three quarters of the way through before it clicked that the Z stood for zombies.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone else even use this ghost town section of the forum?

After seeing this movie, I liked it as it had genuine scares and suspense that has been missing from movies recently. But after giving it some time to digest, I've come to be really disapointed in it.

Most people know the saga of getting the film developed, being hand balled around for years and rewritten multiple times. This was really evident in the 3rd act of the movie. Everything was big budget with dramatic scenes up until then. The ending of the movie was filmed in what looked to be converted office cubicles. It just didn't fit the theme of the movie and was extremely anti-climatic.

Making the film PG-13 (in American ratings) really hurt the film as well. You never see zombie bites, so you're never sure if someone has been infected or not. The zombies are hell-bent on eating people (I assume), but as soon as they attack people nothing happens. Every single person is turned into a zombie and none are eaten. Then there's absolutely no blood in the movie, even when someone gets their hand amputated with a machete, nigger please.

If you've seen the trailer, you've pretty much seen the best bits of the movie. Everything else is just chaos and constant smash-cuts.

I could have forgiven everything above and really liked the movie, but I just can't stand what they've done with book adaptation. I'm not one to be snobby and say the books are always better. You know what I like about movies better; no reading. But after reading bits and pieces of the book, it has been completely butchered so far that it's a completely different story. The book is about how each country dealt with the outbreak. America used it's military might and escaped to the remote North West. Korea made underground bunkers. Europe was mostly a massacre and people ending up stranded on remote islands after running out of fuel for boats. And there was no miracle cure; most of the humans died, but the surviors slowly and systematically fought back and reclaimed land. What I just stated couldn't be further from what this movie is. The original adaptation would have been kick ass, but it ended up a mess, story-wise.

Edited by steveP

Thats what i was afraid would happen. Havent seen it yet and dont plan on seeing it. Why do they always have to ruin things :(

Its the same old story like what they did with hitman, in the games you tactically and resourcefully kill your target in the movie he kills someone and then falls in love with someone involved I guess they just don't think an actual adaptation is always sellable to the bigger movie audience that on the big part seem to like the lame versions

i didn't mind it, apart from the lack of blood and gore as above i thought it was good. although i haven't read the book

I watch it and thought it ended abruptly. I wasn't fully satisfied with the ending, so i went home and read up on it. I reckon they shoud've kept it in line with the book than instead trying to make the storyline more 'audience friendly'

still reckon the walking dead zombie are better why? because they will eat you regardless if you got a fucking cold or not

I didn't end up seeing this movie, the reviews have put me off.

I think any zombie movie that is PG13 rated would feel like i'm watching half the movie.

I might just download this one some day if i'm bored, very disappointed.