Sign in to follow this  
loz

Should we remove the "featured" rides in members rides forum?

should we remove the top "featured" rides?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. should we remove the top "featured" rides?

• Yes
    • No

Hey Guys, am thinking of neatening up the members rides area and removing the "featured" rides at the top....

should we remove it? have your say!

isnt it just ones with the most views that are still fairly new ?

It seems to be either cars that are in the first couple of topics anyway, or are burried a few pages back but for some reason are still featured

I think so, but mainly because i think it just doesn't look right.

Returning the view to the same for all could also increase responses to threads under the features.

It might be better if its somewhat random?? iv never understood how a car gets up into that section.. there are plenty of really good builds in that section that never get to be the 'featured ride' or whatever..

it goes on "views, replies, and date last posted"... which unfortunately when things are up the top, get more views, and therefore stay up there too long...

i think we might remove it, and then make everyones pics a little bigger... that might be better overall

yeah true, if you could sort out a way so that everyones little picture would be a bit bigger that would probably be best..

Good idea.

If it is based on constant replies as one of the factors, that's reason enough to not have it there.

Some build threads have 8 pages of shit talking between mates before an actual car related post is made with progress pictures etc.

Loz should reply to PM's or refer the problems to admins who can actually help...............focus on the functions of the site not primarily the way it looks. Search function still sucks considering most of our cars are 3 letters or less ( eg s14 abs brake bleeding ) and Unless my price is too high I've had one person contact me about my driftworks knuckles in 616 view since September....so maybe the new improved classefids are just not settling in properly with members and the general public?

On topic yes drop the featured rides and let the builds that are alive and kicking stay on the front page in a normal way ie active topics get bumped to the front.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this