Sign in to follow this  
johnkor

Found a JZX90 Chaser Tourer V Automatic but need transplant to manual ?

HI there i found a Toyota Chaser Tourer V with automatic transmission but than i have decided to go for a transplant to a manual , can it be done and usually how much it cost to get everything done as i got a quote from KYP manual trans cost $1800 not sure if is worth getting it done or not

R154 manual box will range between 1500-2500 alone, not inc anything else. So that's a decent deal.

And yes, manual is always worth it...

well what did their quote cover?

supply all the parts and fit? or just fit if you supply the parts??

I bought a conversion from an X90 for my x100 for 2k shipped. That included everything except the dash, but the auto one will still work fine. I bought new flywheel bolts, rear main seal and had the clutch rebuilt. The conversion kit should also include a piece of transmission tunnel. They're different between auto and manual, but the x90 one fits x100.

If you want to do up the box, get your bits from drift motion, don't bother with marlin crawler directly because they won't reply to any of your emails. Driftmotion have the rear main and flywheel bolts too, plus most other things you could want for Toyotas :) also check out North Shore Toyota on jzx100.com for parts. They sell oem stuff for cheap.

Locktup4x4.com in Perth stock the Marlin Crawler bits (thrust washer, bearing retainer, shift fork). Free/fast postage, good price and local.

Just search R154 once you're at the web page.