Sign in to follow this  
Bennybear

Foxtel - better rates & services

Quick pro tip for anyone with foxtel

I recently cancelled my service as new work conditions mean I am in hotels more often than home; seems foxtel are having a customer retention problem as the customer service rep was desperately throwing discounts and additional packages free of charge to try and keep me signed up.

It may not work for everyone but I highly recommend any subscribers to call and 'disconnect' your service to see what you can get - by the end of the call the guy was offering me a $10/month discount and an extra free movie (per month). I was on the platinum ~$130/month package for about 5 years.

Post up your results!

bring your services to telstra and you can get platinum for $110 per month on IQHD,

FetchTV from 9.95/month is probably why they are trying so hard!

Yeah Fetch is cheap but the channels are still shit.

I just dont see the point in paying for TV. when you can download the latest movies and tv shows direct from overseas minutes after they aired. Stream them over a media server that will cost you a couple hundred dollars to set up.

The only thing I enjoy about foxtel when I go to a buddies house is either LIVE PPV. (which PPV Zone you can stream them free anyway). and the convenience of flicking through 100 channels hoping you might find something to watch. but in all honesty Id rather surf the net or play a game.

Is Netflix in Australia yet?

Foxtel used to be worlds ahead of free TV, but TV 10 years ago it way different to TV of today. When it was 100+ Foxtel channels vs 5 analog channels with endless sitcome reruns, Foxtel was the only way to go. But now you get around 30 digital channels. A lot of it is still sitcom reruns, but at least you have enough variety to find something decent. Plus there's a lot of recent US shows we get without a huge wait.

Then throw in the internet downloads, where you can watch any show at any time, usually ahead of what's on TV. Foxtel and pay TV are hurting like the music industry when MP3s became mainstream. They need to change the entire way we watch TV. They need to stream any show at any time.

Edited by steveP

I was paying $120, after doing this I'm now paying $80 so thanks, full package too

Wtf with foxtel and all the ads now . I don't have it but my Gf does so Idc . I thought the best thing was no ads

Yeah Fetch is cheap but the channels are still shit.

I just dont see the point in paying for TV. when you can download the latest movies and tv shows direct from overseas minutes after they aired. Stream them over a media server that will cost you a couple hundred dollars to set up.

The only thing I enjoy about foxtel when I go to a buddies house is either LIVE PPV. (which PPV Zone you can stream them free anyway). and the convenience of flicking through 100 channels hoping you might find something to watch. but in all honesty Id rather surf the net or play a game.

i just do it for the live sport man, namely football (soccer) there is no other way to watch it, i want to watch it live, and streaming shit is gay compared to watching it in HD on a television.. Foxtel is pretty shit these days though, but im so addicted to watching football that i think as long as it continues to exist, i'll keep paying the 100 bucks a month or whatever i pay.. :lol:

Has this worked for anyone with their foxtel through Telstra? We've been snookered into that corner (packaged up with bigpond and other stuff a while back) for a few years and get hand balled if we call foxtel directly.

Edited by tinto

Canceled my foxtel last year. Only useful things about foxtel for me are sports and sky racing, but half the time I'm too tired to watch live EPL and I can watch horse races online. All other channels are useless. Foxtel is crap compared to SKY in UK and they charge an arm and leg for it.

Edited by Rocky88

I was paying $120, after doing this I'm now paying $80 so thanks, full package too

Nicely done mate, $480/pa saved sounds like a good deal to me

Cancelled mine at the parents house when I moved out mid last year, they didn't even try to keep me.

Expected a song and dance and got nothing, ultimate kick in the dick :/

just tried then for the parentals. no deals no nothing. they have had it for over 10 years.. f**kers

just tried then for the parentals. no deals no nothing. they have had it for over 10 years.. f**kers

Shit man that sucks, i called up and just said im scrapping it as im cutting down on the funds this year etc and they offered to throw in a few free movies per month but i said no, luxerys are going etc. then got the $80 deal. Only had it 1year