Sign in to follow this  
GHOSTY

Office365 Small Business Premium

Hi Chaps,I'm finding it difficult to get some answers, even from Telstra on their own damn product /no surprise there.

I have 3 domains with 3 email accounts (one from each domain), currently paying for 3 email accounts with my current hosting service provider.

What I want to know is can I purchase 1 hosted exchange account on Office365 Small Business Premium*, direct the Mx records of all 3 domains to this exchange server, obviously receive email from all 3, but, here's the big question, can I send on behalf of the other 2 domains that aren't linked with the Office 365 exchange account?

What I mean by this is, you know in Outlook in a compose new message window you can go "From" (near the "To" and "Cc" and "Bcc" sections) and specify what email address you want to send your message from? If I can do this, it will eliminate the need to pay for 3 hosted exchange accounts and having to check 3 mailboxes.

Can it be done?

*I'm interested in Small Business Premium because I want desktop versions of latest office apps and also want to bring my web hosting across too.

I haven't used Office 365, but from what I've just read about it, I'd say yes. Bottom of this page it says you can add 600 domains to an account: http://office.micros...A102818379.aspx (at the top it says that this page relates to 365 Small Business admin, I'm assuming this is the same thing). This talks about adding aliases in Outlook 365: http://blogs.technet...this-alias.aspx

Like I said, I don't use it (and haven't used it), I got into Google Apps before they stopped being free. What you're asking is definitely possible on a technology level because I do it myself. It looks like you can do it based on those two links, but how difficult it is to set up and if they let you use the setup the way you want to, might weigh you down a little. The only true way to know is to sign up for the trial and see how you go. Try it out with just 2 domains first (if you have two which aren't as important as the third, especially) and then migrate the most important one last, then just start paying at the end of the month. Keep the existing exchange setups there in case it doesn't work :)

It's cheaper than Google Apps is now though, because they charge on a per user/domain setup: http://www.google.co...ss/pricing.html so you're going to be paying $15 just to have 3 domains with them, even though you're forwarding two into one anyway.

tl;dr: Pretty sure you can, but I haven't done it myself.

edit:

Do you do a catch all for each domain with your current setup? It might be worth seeing if they'll let you do that as well.

Edited by pyro

Yes you can. Im doing that right now across 10 domains and 60 serparate accounts.

So I finally got round to getting the trial going, also got a midi hosting package for less than 24hrs, got to use it for a bit then canned it because no real benefit over current provider. I don't know what it is but f**k all this new age tech crap, I'm so lost, it's like I've been out of the game for too long or something. Windows 8+ everything, way over my head, really hating it, geez, what's going on in the world lol, I'm still happy with Win7 :P

Edited by GHOSTY

So are most of us. Windows 8 doesnt really add anything of value to computing.

So are most of us. Windows 8 doesnt really add anything of value to computing.

Agreed. It seems insane that Microsoft released a desktop OS quite clearly designed for use on a tablet, with no option to roll-back the interface to that of the previous generation.