Sign in to follow this  
ben_s13

SR20det conversion Ford Courier.

I have been thinking of engine conversions for my 2001 Ford Courier. It currently has 300 000kms on the turbo diesel engine in it. The reason I want to change to something different is because I want a Jap turbo car as a daily/cruising car, but also need a ute to get the bikes out bush, clearance for getting through the bush tracks out here, and 4 doors for my family. So ive decided to possibly keep my Dual Cab courier 4x4 and change the engine to something like an sr20det or similar 4cyl jap petrol turbo engine. Has anyone done a conversion, can shed some light on it or have a better suggestion? Thanks!

300,000 on a diesel is nothing... mine has done 420,000 and still goes fine.

yeh sorry should've said want to keep it 4wd so preferably keep the gearbox and transfer in the same place to avoid modifying the driveshafts, but will need an adapter plate or different bellhousing.

Spotman, this one needs a new a/c compressor, timing belt and service, glow plugs and possibly injectors so the way I see it is I could put all that money into a conversion instead otherwise I wuld probably buy an evo or stagea and keep this as a bushhack for the bikes. problem is I have a silvia as a thrasher and an sv6 as the family car, but still want a nice jap daily.

rwd one wouldnt be to hard... unsure on what would be needed to be done to keep the 4wd? would be alot of custom work unless you got the box to fit the sr20?

yeh that's what im thinking unless theres other engine options? would really like to keep it 4x4, im thinking get an adapter plate made then space out the flywheel with a spacer that would accept a spigot too? but also need to consider the starter motor, and what if the sump doesn't clear the subframe? more modification! so much to consider!