Sign in to follow this  
TN

Man Of Steel (2013) - I approve!

Went into the movie expecting another superhero/superman movie. i've seen them all before, especially superman with its many incarnation. Came out, and was quite impressed with how the movie took on a different take of superman.

definitely worth it

Saw this the other week and do recommend it highly

If they ever do a remake of the Dragonball z film, they need similar fight scenes to those in Superman. I can just imagine it now :yes:

Def worth watching. I like the direction Hollywood is taking superhero movies these days, it makes them far more watchable.

Saw this last night, cant say I was really that impressed.

Started out as maybe something a little more different from the run of all the other films in this genre, but in the end its the same old lame collage of fuel tankers exploding in front of american flags.

I give it a 2 1/2 out of 5 being generous

Edited by HumanHefner

i dont think it was that great but i agree with chappy the direction that super hero movies are going is a step forward

yeah I agree in the sense that there needs to be some kind of format refresh for these kinds of films, I think "The Watchmen" and "The Dark Knight" franchise took it to the next level for sure, everything else tho, once you scratch the surface, they are all the same formulaic spoon-fed Americana propaganda.

• Upvote 1

It's more about business than actual move making. Big predictable franchises that spoon feed audiences make truckloads of money. All these comic book movies are just children's morning cartoons reenacted by actors.

yeah I agree in the sense that there needs to be some kind of format refresh for these kinds of films, I think "The Watchmen" and "The Dark Knight" franchise took it to the next level for sure, everything else tho, once you scratch the surface, they are all the same formulaic spoon-fed Americana propaganda.

Have you read a Marvel comic before?

The movies are Americana propaganda because the stories they are based off are Americana propaganda.

Have you read a Marvel comic before?

The movies are Americana propaganda because the stories they are based off are Americana propaganda.

Yes, I am more than aware of that.

To clarify, in the range of propagandist material this sits at the peak for me where the latter has become seemingly more subversive while tipping it's respective hats at its origins.

Also I don't particularly have an issue with that more so the cheap plot devices and lack of meaningful dialog.

Edited by HumanHefner